2024 Presidential Election Thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:00 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You didn't watch the 60 Minutes interview, did you? 😂 

If you had, you would have understood why I said what I said about her interview. But since you didn't watch it, you just acted in a reactionary manner. That means you can't defend her answers so it's easier to "but Trump!".

Right?

I didn’t say but trump? I said I bet he wouldn’t interview if he had to get fact checked. I didn’t watch her interview and I won’t watch his. This is what 60 min said about it 

https://x.com/politicussarah/status/1843444213066727903?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:01 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You didn't watch the 60 Minutes interview, did you? 😂 

If you had, you would have understood why I said what I said about her interview. But since you didn't watch it, you just acted in a reactionary manner. That means you can't defend her answers so it's easier to "but Trump!".

Right?

Also there have been 342 straight posts  bashing Kamala. When is it appropriate to mention the other guy. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:11 PM
posted by geeblock

Also there have been 342 straight posts  bashing Kamala. When is it appropriate to mention the other guy. 

It's always better to bash Trump on facts and sure footing of those facts. For example, I blasted him pretty good when he signed on banning bump stocks. Not because I wanted a bump stock, but because it was an infringement on 2A. What made it worse was because he thought by doing it that it would satisfy the anti-gun crowd (it didn't, see Kamala who wants to ban semi automatics).

Another example of the countless times I've called him an ass, jackass, asshole, fuckass and so on . I and others have told you which threads you can find the Trump bashing. But let me guess - you looked at those threads about as much as you looked at the 60 Minutes interview, right?

Bonus points if you can do it without being reactionary to somebody else's comments about a 60 Minutes interview (which you didn't watch).

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:17 PM
posted by geeblock

I didn’t say but trump? I said I bet he wouldn’t interview if he had to get fact checked. I didn’t watch her interview and I won’t watch his. This is what 60 min said about it 

https://x.com/politicussarah/status/1843444213066727903?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

You're the one who brought Trump into it because you were being reactionary to what I said about Kamala's interview. Because you cannot defend what she said. Pure reactionary.

Forgot to add:

Try watching what is being talked about before jumping in. It will make you smarter and better able to propose better arguments. Probably less stressful or frustrating, too

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:19 PM

This is where I will give credit to Ptown because most of the time he has a reference point about his thoughts other than feelings. It makes us exercise our brains a little bit more.

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:25 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's always better to bash Trump on facts and sure footing of those facts. For example, I blasted him pretty good when he signed on banning bump stocks. Not because I wanted a bump stock, but because it was an infringement on 2A. What made it worse was because he thought by doing it that it would satisfy the anti-gun crowd (it didn't, see Kamala who wants to ban semi automatics).

Another example of the countless times I've called him an ass, jackass, asshole, fuckass and so on . I and others have told you which threads you can find the Trump bashing. But let me guess - you looked at those threads about as much as you looked at the 60 Minutes interview, right?

Bonus points if you can do it without being reactionary to somebody else's comments about a 60 Minutes interview (which you didn't watch).

Again that’s great.. then you post 32 posts per day bashing the dens and Kamala. If you want me to comment about the interview then play a clip. I’m not commenting on your summaries because they are all the same. You bashed Kamala for weeks for saying she doesn’t interview. Trump refuses to interview and it’s crickets. Then you don’t even call out his reason for not interviewing as being untrue. If Kamala skipped this interview the board would have had 10 pages in two days. If you want me to say some negative things about Kamala then people gotta start being more critical of both sides. We don’t need an echo chamber. On one post once a month that starts out with “well I don’t like trump” and then bashing Kamala doesn’t count. (Not specifically talking about you) 

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:32 PM

I’m actually trying to do better. I let you guys post fake news about FEMA for a week and haven’t said a word😂

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 121 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:39 PM

posted by CenterBHSFan

I stipp d when the Biden administration sent Boris Johnson to kill the peace agreements that Putin and Zelensky were coming to. My ending of caring solidified when, Biden bragged about expanding NATO to Russia's border when Putin already said that it would cause problems. 

And what's more, I will never come close to caring about the suffering of people in other countries when there are so many people suffering in the US. Our house is more important than theirs. You are welcome to dislike that about me, because your approval is not required.

I'm not going to dislike you or anyone else because we disagree on a political issue. That's a worse problem than the disagreement itself these days.
Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:40 PM

Arizona for Trump?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by geeblock

Oh I looked it up he actually isn’t doing the interview. Shocking. 

The TDS is strong in this one. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:10 PM
posted by jmog

The TDS is strong in this one. 

For someone who claims to not be a trump supporter, you pop ur head out of your hole literally every time I say something about him. 

Also the irony of calling my Posts TDS in the middle of 80 pages of posts bashing Kamala but that’s not KDS I guess. Only when trump is criticized. 

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:31 PM
posted by geeblock

Again that’s great.. then you post 32 posts per day bashing the dens and Kamala. If you want me to comment about the interview then play a clip. I’m not commenting on your summaries because they are all the same. You bashed Kamala for weeks for saying she doesn’t interview. Trump refuses to interview and it’s crickets. Then you don’t even call out his reason for not interviewing as being untrue. If Kamala skipped this interview the board would have had 10 pages in two days. If you want me to say some negative things about Kamala then people gotta start being more critical of both sides. We don’t need an echo chamber. On one post once a month that starts out with “well I don’t like trump” and then bashing Kamala doesn’t count. (Not specifically talking about you) 

Trump has done interview after interviews and debated on shows or panels that were hostile to him. From the black journalists panel to MSNBC to CBS to ABC. He won't do the 60 Minutes interview. 

Kamala has had ONE semi-adversarial interview. And I even managed to point out that she had a good answer about her gun ownership. She will not do a FOX news debate.

Explain to me how that is even a little bit equal. 

I never once told you to criticize Kamala. I asked you to defend what she says. That's an important distinction, to know the difference between criticizing and defending.

You want people to criticize both sides?? 

When was the last time you did that?????? 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:32 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You obviously missed the point.  

What on how government operates? 

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:33 PM
posted by Ironman92

Arizona for Trump?

I go back and forth on this. I'm really not sure. If they do go red for president then they will go blue on everything else. 

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:36 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Trump has done interview after interviews and debated on shows or panels that were hostile to him. From the black journalists panel to MSNBC to CBS to ABC. He won't do the 60 Minutes interview. 

Kamala has had ONE semi-adversarial interview. And I even managed to point out that she had a good answer about her gun ownership. She will not do a FOX news debate.

Explain to me how that is even a little bit equal. 

I never once told you to criticize Kamala. I asked you to defend what she says. That's an important distinction, to know the difference between criticizing and defending.

You want people to criticize both sides?? 

When was the last time you did that?????? 

She has done a fair number of podcasts and other mainstream interviews. She won't do Fox News because there is zero upside. It's like why Trump won't go on anymore mainstream interviews, no upside. 

Trump seems like he has lost a step. I've watched a lot of his speeches recently and he is all over the place, more than normal. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:36 PM

Outside of maybe one person on here, I don't think anyone's over the moon for Trump. I vote by beliefs and who I think will be better for the country. Trump will be far from perfect but Harris, with her "platform" and history with the Biden regime, would be a disaster. If there were a solid 3rd option that would keep taxes low, protect the country and stop the illegal flooding/migration, I'd be all for it. But these idiots who aren't voting for Trump, because he's Trump, are exactly that, idiots.

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:41 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I stipp d when the Biden administration sent Boris Johnson to kill the peace agreements that Putin and Zelensky were coming to. My ending of caring solidified when, Biden bragged about expanding NATO to Russia's border when Putin already said that it would cause problems. 

And what's more, I will never come close to caring about the suffering of people in other countries when there are so many people suffering in the US. Our house is more important than theirs. You are welcome to dislike that about me, because your approval is not required.

1. We can and do do both. 

2. The world economy needs the US to support and defend the world economy, shipping lanes, and defend other democracies. That is the responsibility the US assumed after World War II. 

The current world peace, as in no world wars, we have is a result of the US foreign policy that has existed since 1945.

Also, if we do not do it, then China and Russia will gladly fill the void and we do not want that. 

You may not like it, but it is the reality of the world and the responsibility of the United States. 

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:47 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

She has done a fair number of podcasts and other mainstream interviews. She won't do Fox News because there is zero upside. It's like why Trump won't go on anymore mainstream interviews, no upside. 

Trump seems like he has lost a step. I've watched a lot of his speeches recently and he is all over the place, more than normal. 

I'm glad that you mentioned the word "anymore" because that really underscores the point I made.

Trump is different now, I agree. I've said this before but getting so close to being killed took the fire out of him in my opinion.

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 8:50 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Outside of maybe one person on here, I don't think anyone's over the moon for Trump. I vote by beliefs and who I think will be better for the country. Trump will be far from perfect but Harris, with her "platform" and history with the Biden regime, would be a disaster. If there were a solid 3rd option that would keep taxes low, protect the country and stop the illegal flooding/migration, I'd be all for it. But these idiots who aren't voting for Trump, because he's Trump, are exactly that, idiots.

Well, I'm not voting for him either so I'm an idiot.

I've finally settled in who that is. It's the same person who I hope runs in '28.

Tulsi.

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 9:09 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I look at it this way. Who would be more unchecked?

The Senate is very likely going Republican, and the House is a toss up.  

A Trump White House with a Republican Congress will not check him one bit. Senators already cave to his views. Trump would do almost whatever he wanted. 

Whereas Harris will have to battle a Republican Senate and will severely limited on what she can do, including who will be in her administration.

That's the least bad option to me.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login