2024 Presidential Election Thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 7:44 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Oh so we are back to muh racism!, eh?

If I had to pick a descriptor for his immigration policy, I'd say that he is more xenophobic than anything else. 

Flooding the borders suppresses wages was a Democrat mantra up until Trump came down the escalator.

Stopping the flow of 7 Muslim countries to figure out what was going on was a black Democrat man's idea before Trump came down the escalator.

Building a wall on our southern border was a Democrat idea until Trump came down the escalator. 

Locking kids in cages was a phrase that was once attributed to the "Deporter In Chief, who was coincidentally a black Democrat until Trump came down the escalator.

Are you saying that Trump is so powerful, so talented at mind control, so cunning in his manipulations that he forced the Dems to upend themselves into total reversals on their stances between November 5, 2016 and 2:00am November 6, 2016?

Well, I'm just not going to give him the kind of divine presence that you all would have me believe.

FFS

Its actually really easy to want to be tough on immigration without saying the things he says in the ways he says them.  I think most common sense people can see that and can see why he does it.  You can gaslight a million other things the dems have done but you cant find any comments similar to his except extreme right wing and racist places. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 11:14 AM
posted by geeblock

Its actually really easy to want to be tough on immigration without saying the things he says in the ways he says them.  I think most common sense people can see that and can see why he does it.  You can gaslight a million other things the dems have done but you cant find any comments similar to his except extreme right wing and racist places. 

Yes, that's right. Words must be packaged in such a way that Dems don't hear any dog whistles (lol) 

Thu, Oct 10, 2024 11:19 AM
posted by geeblock

We took in 271,000 immigrants from the Ukraine.  Do they ever get mentioned?

You know, this is a really good point! I wonder why Dem media doesn't hyper focus on the voluminous multitudes of whites that cross over our border, being led by coyotes and sex traffickers and drug cartels. The sheer amount of crackers cracking corn is the medias best kept secret. 

Thu, Oct 10, 2024 11:24 AM

I really wish that CNN would cover how the Swedes and Finns hire outfitters to day trip across the Darien Gap so they can take selfies with monkeys, snakes, gators and the raging floods on their way to break our laws!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dari%C3%A9n_Gap

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 11:34 AM
posted by geeblock

One of them ate a gorilla at the Cleveland Zoo to add insult to injury!

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 11:53 AM
posted by geeblock

Send them back too. But probably bc they’re only from a slightly shitty country instead of a 3rd World one and maybe behave a bit better. But who knows?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 12:14 PM
posted by iclfan2

Send them back too. But probably bc they’re only from a slightly shitty country instead of a 3rd World one and maybe behave a bit better. But who knows?

During what time period did your ancestors arrive?

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 12:39 PM

They might as well send Trump’s wife and her parents home while they are at it

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 12:50 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

Mail order brides (and their families, I guess, if it's convenient...) are a protected species under any sane "should they be allowed in or not" decision!

Thu, Oct 10, 2024 12:57 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

One of them ate a gorilla at the Cleveland Zoo to add insult to injury!

Awesome! 😎 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 2:27 PM

I dunno why the Cheree Peoples story doesn’t get more attention. Kamala program to charge parents for truancy made her the first parent arrested. Her daughter missed school because she had sickle cell anemia and was in the hospital. Because of the arrest Cheree lost her job and her home and had to live in hotels. 

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 3:20 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

It still baffles me that in 2024, people cannot distinguish between immigrants and illegals.  

Thu, Oct 10, 2024 3:21 PM
posted by sportchampps

I dunno why the Cheree Peoples story doesn’t get more attention. Kamala program to charge parents for truancy made her the first parent arrested. Her daughter missed school because she had sickle cell anemia and was in the hospital. Because of the arrest Cheree lost her job and her home and had to live in hotels. 

I brought this up some time ago here, as one of the examples of Kamala's sadism. 

The mother always has a doctor's note to present to the school for when the daughter couldn't go. The mother's sister has a GoFundMe for her. 

But Trump dances on the edge with his words. Or something thereabouts. 

Thu, Oct 10, 2024 3:22 PM
posted by Trueblue23

It still baffles me that in 2024, people cannot distinguish between immigrants and illegals.  

Oh, they can. Just making the distinction doesn't sound quite like a slam to them.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 3:24 PM

Imagine being this stupid.  It would be physically painful. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 3:27 PM
posted by Trueblue23

Imagine being this stupid.  It would be physically painful. 

Without ever committing a heinous crime….. not sure how one could fall further in my eyes

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 6:07 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

For the demographics he’s focused on, the racist angle is what is best for the brand, so that’s what he sticks with.

So what you are saying is 10's of millions of Americans that will vote for Trump are racist, indifferent to racism, or too stupid to figure it out.  Something like the "basket of deplorables".
majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 6:09 PM
posted by geeblock

Meh sometimes being racist is as much about what you don’t say as it is about what you say. 

None of this is new.:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4513020/user-clip-james-byrd-ad-2000

Just a different candidate targeted.

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 6:13 PM

Democrat leaders comments on Obama. "The first sort of mainstream African American", "who is articulate and bright and clean and a good looking guy", "light skinned", "with no negro dialect".

Boogie:  For the demographics their focused on reassuring this man is acceptable and best for the brand.  

geeblock: Its not about what you don't say but what you say.  He is popular, he is a good speaker, smart, upstanding, looks like us, and speaks our language

Thu, Oct 10, 2024 6:32 PM

The Harris campaign is distancing itself from 60 Minutes now, referring all comments to the station.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/10/business/harris-campaign-distances-itself-from-cbs-controversial-edits/

Coincidentally, 60 Minutes will not post a transcript of the interview.

Sometimes it's not about what you say, but what you won't say.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login