2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 9:18 PM

Speaking of Kamala's administration, she said she wants a Republican in hers.

Liz Cheney is my guess. Both are women, both are warmongers, both are never Trumpers. Liz is also stumping for and with Kamala .

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 6:01 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, I'm not voting for him either so I'm an idiot.

I've finally settled in who that is. It's the same person who I hope runs in '28.

Tulsi.

My "idiot" point is not voting for someone because they are who they are is stupid. Most of these people aren't voting for Trump because he's Trump. They have no other legit reason. It's just dumb. If you like his platform/beliefs but don't vote for him because "OMG, Trump" it's asinine.

If Tulsi were on the ballot, over Trump, she'd likely get my vote too.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 6:03 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Speaking of Kamala's administration, she said she wants a Republican in hers.

Liz Cheney is my guess. Both are women, both are warmongers, both are never Trumpers. Liz is also stumping for and with Kamala .

Funny all the media hub bub about a Republican endorsing Harris. Former Florida Dem just came out and endorsed Trump but we won't hear about that.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 11:56 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

What on how government operates? 

No, on the fact that FEMA had the funds but spent it on non-natural disasters to the severe detriment of American citizens suffering from ........... natural disasters.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 11:57 AM

GZU5gGGXAAAw6Qt

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 12:06 PM

Trump should do 60 minutes? Sure, after they were just found editing the broadcast and video of interview loaded to YouTube. They spliced an answer to a different question to make her answer appear better. But they had tweeted the clip Sunday so now people have the original answer and the uploaded edited answer. Smells like a threat to democracy! 

https://x.com/mazemoore/status/1843664856446316758?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQIt 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 12:08 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tim-walz-calls-elimination-electoral-college-california-fundraiser-says-it-needs-go

The constitutional republic hangs in the balance .................. the enemies are here. 

Wed, Oct 9, 2024 12:47 PM
posted by iclfan2

Trump should do 60 minutes? Sure, after they were just found editing the broadcast and video of interview loaded to YouTube. They spliced an answer to a different question to make her answer appear better. But they had tweeted the clip Sunday so now people have the original answer and the uploaded edited answer. Smells like a threat to democracy! 

https://x.com/mazemoore/status/1843664856446316758?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQIt 

I watched (mostly listened) to the version that didn't have commercials. When reading your post I thought for a half second of just listening to the full version. But I can't bring myself to do it. It wouldn't change the fact that I think very poorly of her. She wants to manipulate and carve into 1A and 2A so I would vote for a pile of frog vomit before I'd vote for her.

Wed, Oct 9, 2024 1:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

My "idiot" point is not voting for someone because they are who they are is stupid. Most of these people aren't voting for Trump because he's Trump. They have no other legit reason. It's just dumb. If you like his platform/beliefs but don't vote for him because "OMG, Trump" it's asinine.

If Tulsi were on the ballot, over Trump, she'd likely get my vote too.

Yeah, feeling some sort of affinity for a politician is pretty common I think. The cult of personality is always strongest in politics imo. 

I sometimes think - how crazy are the Democrats if they've legit turned on two people like Kennedy and Tulsi, who have traditional democratic values, that those two have now joined with Trump to help fight them off.  

I think back to the time when I was still fully immersed in the Dem ideology and then use that as a reference to where that party stands now and it blows my mind. Trump's stance on most things are things that Dems stood for 12 years ago. Think about that for a moment. It blows my mind!

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 1:12 PM

Why does Kamala suddenly sound like Miss Cleo?

Wed, Oct 9, 2024 1:18 PM

I'm starting to wonder what the Kamala campaign's internal polling says.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 1:45 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Yeah, feeling some sort of affinity for a politician is pretty common I think. The cult of personality is always strongest in politics imo. 

I sometimes think - how crazy are the Democrats if they've legit turned on two people like Kennedy and Tulsi, who have traditional democratic values, that those two have now joined with Trump to help fight them off.  

I think back to the time when I was still fully immersed in the Dem ideology and then use that as a reference to where that party stands now and it blows my mind. Trump's stance on most things are things that Dems stood for 12 years ago. Think about that for a moment. It blows my mind!

I mentioned this a while back. When the dipshits like Whoopi, Oprah, Joy Behar, etc were cheesing it up and were buddies with Trump, he leaned very strong toward Democrat. Pretty sure he's run Republican because it's the easiest path to victory for him.

To your point on cult of personality, just watched a video of some guy interviewing a young girl asking her about her vote and, of course, Kamala. He asked the girl what Kamala has done to improve the country and, of course, she had nothing but wasn't voting for Trump because he's "sexist" and "racist." The guy asked her to cite examples and, of course, nothing. A lot of this goes to the rhetoric being spewed out by the party (Dems) and media that have nothing, yet fabricate, and it's "true" because the sheep will believe anything.

And by no means am I implying that who a person votes for makes them an idiot. If people can't see through Kamala, that's on them, but NOT voting for someone who has the ideology you believe in because "never Trump" would make someone an idiot.

Wed, Oct 9, 2024 2:00 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I mentioned this a while back. When the dipshits like Whoopi, Oprah, Joy Behar, etc were cheesing it up and were buddies with Trump, he leaned very strong toward Democrat. Pretty sure he's run Republican because it's the easiest path to victory for him.

Wed, Oct 9, 2024 3:33 PM

Wait!

In light of finding out just how far 60 Minutes was willing to go, with manipulating/editing her words, in order to help her look better...

... are we still supposed to believe their version of why Trump won't do an interview with them?

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 4:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

To your point on cult of personality, just watched a video of some guy interviewing a young girl asking her about her vote and, of course, Kamala. He asked the girl what Kamala has done to improve the country and, of course, she had nothing but wasn't voting for Trump because he's "sexist" and "racist." The guy asked her to cite examples and, of course, nothing. A lot of this goes to the rhetoric being spewed out by the party (Dems) and media that have nothing, yet fabricate, and it's "true" because the sheep will believe anything.

And by no means am I implying that who a person votes for makes them an idiot. If people can't see through Kamala, that's on them, but NOT voting for someone who has the ideology you believe in because "never Trump" would make someone an idiot.

Meh sometimes being racist is as much about what you don’t say as it is about what you say. He toes the line a lot. Recently he has said things like “they come from the Congo no one even knows where that is..”  Everyone knows where the Congo is. Or “they speak languages no one has ever heard of.. no one even knows where these countries are” so if that’s the stuff you say to fire up your base and then they take it and run with it. That is on him. That isn’t why I’m not voting for him, but I could understand why someone else could latch on to that. You seem to just want a govt that is fiscally conservative so you are willing to dismiss it and that’s your right, but that doesn’t make it any less offensive. When your platform is that large I think his words are irresponsible at best.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 4:24 PM
posted by geeblock

Meh sometimes being racist is as much about what you don’t say as it is about what you say. He toes the line a lot. Recently he has said things like “they come from the Congo no one even knows where that is..”  Everyone knows where the Congo is. Or “they speak languages no one has ever heard of.. no one even knows where these countries are” so if that’s the stuff you say to fire up your base and then they take it and run with it. That is on him. That isn’t why I’m not voting for him, but I could understand why someone else could latch on to that. You seem to just want a govt that is fiscally conservative so you are willing to dismiss it and that’s your right, but that doesn’t make it any less offensive. When your platform is that large I think his words are irresponsible at best.

I watched the documentary on Netflix about Vince McMahon.  It was pretty good by the way. 

He has a lot of attributes similar to Trump.  I think that’s why they’ve always gotten along so well.  Woven throughout McMahon’s life is his ever-present question “Is this good for the brand?”.  What he means by it is that by doing whatever action he is contemplating, will it be financially beneficial to wrestling.  There is no moral or ethical line he’s not willing to cross is the answer to that question is “yes”.  He makes that point over and over.

Trump is like that except his brand is “Trump”.  Over his career, he has had an excellent nose for finding things that are beneficial to his brand.  When it comes to the business of politics, he has figured out that ambiguous racism through omission or by suggestion is very impactful in drawing followers.  I don’t believe it’s because harbors an ideology that is inherently racist.  He’d be totally open to welcoming immigrants if that’s what got him followers.  For the demographics he’s focused on, the racist angle is what is best for the brand, so that’s what he sticks with.

Wed, Oct 9, 2024 4:42 PM

Oh so we are back to muh racism!, eh?

If I had to pick a descriptor for his immigration policy, I'd say that he is more xenophobic than anything else. 

Flooding the borders suppresses wages was a Democrat mantra up until Trump came down the escalator.

Stopping the flow of 7 Muslim countries to figure out what was going on was a black Democrat man's idea before Trump came down the escalator.

Building a wall on our southern border was a Democrat idea until Trump came down the escalator. 

Locking kids in cages was a phrase that was once attributed to the "Deporter In Chief, who was coincidentally a black Democrat until Trump came down the escalator.

Are you saying that Trump is so powerful, so talented at mind control, so cunning in his manipulations that he forced the Dems to upend themselves into total reversals on their stances between November 5, 2016 and 2:00am November 6, 2016?

Well, I'm just not going to give him the kind of divine presence that you all would have me believe.

FFS

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 4:55 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I watched the documentary on Netflix about Vince McMahon.  It was pretty good by the way. 

He has a lot of attributes similar to Trump.  I think that’s why they’ve always gotten along so well.  Woven throughout McMahon’s life is his ever-present question “Is this good for the brand?”.  What he means by it is that by doing whatever action he is contemplating, will it be financially beneficial to wrestling.  There is no moral or ethical line he’s not willing to cross is the answer to that question is “yes”.  He makes that point over and over.

Trump is like that except his brand is “Trump”.  Over his career, he has had an excellent nose for finding things that are beneficial to his brand.  When it comes to the business of politics, he has figured out that ambiguous racism through omission or by suggestion is very impactful in drawing followers.  I don’t believe it’s because harbors an ideology that is inherently racist.  He’d be totally open to welcoming immigrants if that’s what got him followers.  For the demographics he’s focused on, the racist angle is what is best for the brand, so that’s what he sticks with.

Yeah he uses "the racism" to lure in voters, while arguing the same immigration positions as Bill Clinton.  Some people are just dumb.

He's a populist that is really good at being a populist - and at a time when people want change, that makes it very easy to garner support.  

But ya know... racism.  SMH.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
Wed, Oct 9, 2024 4:57 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Oh so we are back to muh racism!, eh?

If I had to pick a descriptor for his immigration policy, I'd say that he is more xenophobic than anything else. 

Flooding the borders suppresses wages was a Democrat mantra up until Trump came down the escalator.

Stopping the flow of 7 Muslim countries to figure out what was going on was a black Democrat man's idea before Trump came down the escalator.

Building a wall on our southern border was a Democrat idea until Trump came down the escalator. 

Locking kids in cages was a phrase that was once attributed to the "Deporter In Chief, who was coincidentally a black Democrat until Trump came down the escalator.

Are you saying that Trump is so powerful, so talented at mind control, so cunning in his manipulations that he forced the Dems to upend themselves into total reversals on their stances between November 5, 2016 and 2:00am November 6, 2016?

Well, I'm just not going to give him the kind of divine presence that you all would have me believe.

FFS

It's all about what people are stupid enough to believe

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Oct 10, 2024 7:41 AM
posted by Trueblue23

Yeah he uses "the racism" to lure in voters, while arguing the same immigration positions as Bill Clinton.  Some people are just dumb.

He's a populist that is really good at being a populist - and at a time when people want change, that makes it very easy to garner support.  

But ya know... racism.  SMH.

We took in 271,000 immigrants from the Ukraine.  Do they ever get mentioned?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login