2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 7, 2024 7:35 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Congress holds the funding. The President can rightly say, I want to do more, but Republicans are withholding aide. 

To be fair, Biden can also call Congress into session on an emergency basis. But he hasn't and I've got my conspiracy theory about that lol!

I'm starting to think that, whatever of himself is left is allowing Kamala to mismanage her Twitter announcements out of spite. Because nobody thought it was a good idea for her to announce that she was sending aid to those in need in Lebanon right after she said that US citizens were going to get $750. If she thought that would gain her more votes from the far left, she is sadly mistaken. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 7, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If she thought that would gain her more votes from the far left, she is sadly mistaken. 

They're both desperate because significant parts of their base have no interest in voting for them.

For all the talk about undecideds and independents, they usually don't swing enough to move the needle.  So it's all about turning out the base.  Both are running almost 100% negative campaigns.  That's clearly not intended to win the vote of independents.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 7, 2024 8:53 PM

Probably made up as it comes from the far right but the far right stuff seems less and less made up by the day

Mon, Oct 7, 2024 9:36 PM

I'm sure there are buzzards circling above death. I couldn't even begin to guess the amount of unfound bodies still at large. And then the amount of animals has to be pretty staggering too. I don't think it's a right/left issue but rather a common sense issue.

Edit to add:

Years ago I was an administrator for an indie game company. Yesterday I talked to one of the people who used to work under me and she lives in NC.

She and her family are fortunate to live in an area that wasn't so devastated and only lost one animal. So imagine the livestock, cats and dogs that were lost right alongside humans life. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 9:54 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Different buckets of money that cannot be moved around. That gobbledygook is how government works and Congress holds the purse strings. 

You obviously missed the point.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 9:55 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

In QO’s world, the president’s job is to sit in front of a desk with three levers:

One says “economy good /economy bad”

One says “gas prices high / gas prices low”

One says “let bad stuff happen / don’t let bad stuff happen”

The president’s sole job is to switch the levers to whichever side he chooses.  Doing so will not only make the outcome certain, it will come about in days or even hours.

Must have been a good Happy Hour

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 10:02 AM
posted by Ironman92

Probably made up as it comes from the far right but the far right stuff seems less and less made up by the day

They buried two presidential assassination attempts in a matter of days; hurricanes are easy.

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 1:31 PM

Did anybody watch that 60 Minutes interview? I just finished it and I think that's got to be the first "tough" interview that she's had. The guy who interviewed her probably did a better job than all the previous ones put together. He asked follow up questions and pressed her when she tried to dodge. I mean to say that there was very little that he let her get away with. Now, her answers weren't very good at all. If I had to say which one was her best one it would be the answer she gave about being a gun owner. 

So yes, I will give the guy (I can't remember his name) props for doing his best not to be her bestie and doing some actual journalism.

Edit to add: his name is Bill Whitaker

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 3:46 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Did anybody watch that 60 Minutes interview? I just finished it and I think that's got to be the first "tough" interview that she's had. The guy who interviewed her probably did a better job than all the previous ones put together. He asked follow up questions and pressed her when she tried to dodge. I mean to say that there was very little that he let her get away with. Now, her answers weren't very good at all. If I had to say which one was her best one it would be the answer she gave about being a gun owner. 

So yes, I will give the guy (I can't remember his name) props for doing his best not to be her bestie and doing some actual journalism.

Edit to add: his name is Bill Whitaker

I take it trump won’t interview then if he can’t regurgitate the same 10 lies he says every speech 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 3:58 PM
posted by geeblock

I take it trump won’t interview then if he can’t regurgitate the same 10 lies he says every speech 

Probably about 30 less than Flip Flop Harris.

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 4:03 PM

Oh I looked it up he actually isn’t doing the interview. Shocking. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 4:29 PM
posted by geeblock

Oh I looked it up he actually isn’t doing the interview. Shocking. 

I think he said he would do it if 60 Minutes apologized for going along with the Hunter Biden laptop lie. Which by the way the officials who said it was Russian disinformation now acknowledge that that wasn't true and have also admitted that they'd do it again.

Listen, if you want to be snarky that's fine, we all do it. But could you please try to know a little bit about what your baseline is first? 

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 4:34 PM

I just saw a vid where the hosts showed a clip of Sean Hannity talking to Lindsay Graham about the Helene aftermath. And Lindsay Graham just couldn't help himself and diverted the conversation to Israel. "I haven't been getting a lot of sleep, but think of Israel".

He can go fuck himself. In fact, he's uprooted Mitch McConnel from sitting on the throne of the worst Republican. 

Nobody in their right mind gives a damn about Israel, Lebanon or Ukraine when there are so many people here in dire situations. And more tragedy on its way. 

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 4:40 PM

This vid shows a comparison video of KJP. Two years ago she said that money was going to be transferred out of FEMA and put to humanitarian relief for 'migrants'.

Then in a vid from earlier this month she says saying so is disinformation.

So can we stop saying it doesn't happen?

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 5:03 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Nobody in their right mind gives a damn about Israel, Lebanon or Ukraine when there are so many people here in dire situations. And more tragedy on its way. 

And there you have it. They're not in their right minds. Immigrants and foreign countries hold more weight than people here at home.
geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 6:01 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I think he said he would do it if 60 Minutes apologized for going along with the Hunter Biden laptop lie. Which by the way the officials who said it was Russian disinformation now acknowledge that that wasn't true and have also admitted that they'd do it again.

Listen, if you want to be snarky that's fine, we all do it. But could you please try to know a little bit about what your baseline is first? 

Oh hunter Bidens laptop. Got it. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 121 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 8, 2024 6:19 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I just saw a vid where the hosts showed a clip of Sean Hannity talking to Lindsay Graham about the Helene aftermath. And Lindsay Graham just couldn't help himself and diverted the conversation to Israel. "I haven't been getting a lot of sleep, but think of Israel".

He can go fuck himself. In fact, he's uprooted Mitch McConnel from sitting on the throne of the worst Republican. 

When did we cease caring about Russia invading other countries?

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 6:42 PM
posted by geeblock

Oh hunter Bidens laptop. Got it. 

You didn't watch the 60 Minutes interview, did you? 😂 

If you had, you would have understood why I said what I said about her interview. But since you didn't watch it, you just acted in a reactionary manner. That means you can't defend her answers so it's easier to "but Trump!".

Right?

Tue, Oct 8, 2024 6:48 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

When did we cease caring about Russia invading other countries?

I stipp d when the Biden administration sent Boris Johnson to kill the peace agreements that Putin and Zelensky were coming to. My ending of caring solidified when, Biden bragged about expanding NATO to Russia's border when Putin already said that it would cause problems. 

And what's more, I will never come close to caring about the suffering of people in other countries when there are so many people suffering in the US. Our house is more important than theirs. You are welcome to dislike that about me, because your approval is not required.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login