2024 Presidential Election Thread

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Oct 4, 2024 3:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/breeze-airways_hurricanehelene-community-disasterrelief-activity-7248029447885320194-jt2D?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

Here is a little post from Breeze. We fly them a lot as they go direct to Akron/Canton. Smaller known airline but I recommend. 

Get that picture with the sign framed.  That is awesome.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 4, 2024 4:15 PM
posted by sportchampps

What demographic is Kamala doing better than Biden did in 2020? 

It seems she is doing worse with union workers, African Americans, and people age 18-29. These are all usually a big part of the democrat base. I know the polls have it close but she seems to be doing worse in every demographic and that election was really close.

Add Latinos too, I believe.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 4, 2024 6:44 PM

Kamala is doing very well with the college educated millennial women.

She's also doing very well with the college educated "wife guy" types.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 8:11 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Kamala is doing very well with the college educated millennial women.

She's also doing very well with the college educated "wife guy" types.

What’s a “wife guy”?

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 9:26 AM

https://x.com/clayandbuck/status/1842266038035177642

Axelrod a democrat strategist says out loud what many are thinking.  The mentality of the elite.

majorspark Senior Member
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 10:01 AM

Inept federal response black majority republican president.  Racism.  Inept federal response white rednecks democrat  president.     ???

Sat, Oct 5, 2024 10:40 AM
posted by majorspark

https://x.com/clayandbuck/status/1842266038035177642

Axelrod a democrat strategist says out loud what many are thinking.  The mentality of the elite.

So, the upscale blue dot people of Ashville will be able to figure out how to vote, but the poorer people in surrounding areas will not? 

Why would he say that in public ? 😂 

Sat, Oct 5, 2024 1:36 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

What’s a “wife guy”?

Oh, you know the type of guy who is happy to stand in the shadow of their wives. The future is female types with soft hands and softer voices.

Currently the one who is most prominent with lots of name recognition is Doug Emhoff.

Sat, Oct 5, 2024 2:08 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Ok, so I revise my above statement. I have seen a handful of vids now where people are saying that the fire chief of Fairfield, NC has been turning away people coming in on private copters to help with supplies. Now, I'm not sure why, it can be for any number of reasons. Here is one of the vids where it gets into that. Go to 4:45

Apparently there is more to this story. I'd sure like to know more about this!

This is from a Starlink engineer to Elon Musk:

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 2:20 PM

posted by CenterBHSFan

Oh, you know the type of guy who is happy to stand in the shadow of their wives. The future is female types with soft hands and softer voices.

Currently the one who is most prominent with lots of name recognition is Doug Emhoff.

Ah, so it's the Other Side version of "stupid, racist, hillbillies" being used for Trump supporters.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 2:59 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Why would he say that in public ? 😂

You can't try to rationalize or apply logic to political calculus.  What Axelrod said isn't losing them Trump voters.  The whole point is to energize the base and create enthusiasm - "our chance of winning NC just got better because poor Trump voters won't be able to vote!!!"

It's just another example of Democrats pretending to care about "every vote gets counted" when really they only care about THEIR votes being counted.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 3:00 PM
posted by Heretic

Ah, so it's the Other Side version of "stupid, racist, hillbillies" being used for Trump supporters.

And, apparently, before Kamala he was just another rich, bitch-slapping white male (so obviously MAGA).

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 5:09 PM
posted by gut

And, apparently, before Kamala he was just another rich, bitch-slapping white male (so obviously MAGA).

Man, being a "MAGA wife giy" would have to so damn awkward. Your every thought is a contradiction!

Sat, Oct 5, 2024 7:11 PM

I don't think it's intended to be a dunk on Doug Emhoff. MSNBC's Jen Psaki gave him the title and asked him if he knew what it meant. It's something that the Dems find to be a perfectly acceptable new version of masculinity.

As for bitch slapping, that's 100% possible,.but I don't know how probable. He admitted getting the nanny pregnant during his first marriage but has denied slapping his ex girlfriend. As sadistic as Kamala Harris is, it's more probable that she does the slapping in that household.

Sat, Oct 5, 2024 7:12 PM
posted by Heretic

Man, being a "MAGA wife giy" would have to so damn awkward. Your every thought is a contradiction!

Imagine! 😂 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Oct 5, 2024 9:24 PM
posted by Heretic

Supporting your wife being a negative is a weird vibe lol 

Sun, Oct 6, 2024 1:01 PM

Vote all of them out. They don't deserve to hold office.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 6, 2024 3:38 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Vote all of them out. They don't deserve to hold office.

Goes back to me previous post about the passage of a short term CR and how Congress cannot pass a budget on time.

Now, in this cycle, the republican freedom caucas did not agree to any of the spending levels that House Speaker Johnson offered, so Johnson had to work with Democrats to pass a short term measure to fund till December at the current rates..leading to this current problem. 

It's funny, I feel like half this board likes it when Congress doesn't do anything or is in gridlock. Well, this is what you get. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Oct 6, 2024 4:42 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It's funny, I feel like half this board likes it when Congress doesn't do anything or is in gridlock. Well, this is what you get. 

This sounds like extorsion.

Sun, Oct 6, 2024 5:18 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Goes back to me previous post about the passage of a short term CR and how Congress cannot pass a budget on time.

Now, in this cycle, the republican freedom caucas did not agree to any of the spending levels that House Speaker Johnson offered, so Johnson had to work with Democrats to pass a short term measure to fund till December at the current rates..leading to this current problem. 

Congress always votes for a short holdover this time of year. If not every year, darn close. The fix is easy: you put a freeze on war spending and direct that money to FEMA. And make it so that ONLY US citizens are able to receive that assistance. Fuck anybody else.

Seems our Congress spends more time enjoying Lobbyist Lunches than they do actually putting out bills to be signed that will actually help people when they need it - such as East Palestine, Maui, survivors of Helene, etc. To hell with all of them, except Massie.

As far as gridlock goes, I usually don't grumble too much. But with such a large swath of the US facing horrific conditions they need to stop campaigning and get their asses back to DC to do what those people need them to do. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login