2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 4:31 PM

Mayorkas has announced that FEMA doesn't have enough money to get through hurricane season. What? Why?

We have had enough to send hundreds of billions to Israel and Ukraine to appease the military industrial complex.

And to top it off we find out that FEMA doesn't have enough funds because money was taken from there to keep millions and millions of illegal immigrants. 

The Dems don't love you North Carolina, Georgia and all the other states suffering right now.

Jesus Christ.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 5:26 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Mayorkas has announced that FEMA doesn't have enough money to get through hurricane season. What? Why?

We have had enough to send hundreds of billions to Israel and Ukraine to appease the military industrial complex.

And to top it off we find out that FEMA doesn't have enough funds because money was taken from there to keep millions and millions of illegal immigrants. 

The Dems don't love you North Carolina, Georgia and all the other states suffering right now.

Jesus Christ.

Bet if NC, SC, TN & GA changed their name to "Ukraine" or "protected immigrant" they'd get that money.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 5:29 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Jesus Christ.

While these are good headlines...this is more about the lack of a new budget in Congress and how the budgetary process works more than anything.

Its why lawmakers are calling for Congress to come back and pass more funds for FEMA as what is currently appropriated and authorized is not enough under the current Continuing Resolution.

You can thank our dysfunctional Congress once again for not doing their job on time. 

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:20 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

While these are good headlines...this is more about the lack of a new budget in Congress and how the budgetary process works more than anything.

Its why lawmakers are calling for Congress to come back and pass more funds for FEMA as what is currently appropriated and authorized is not enough under the current Continuing Resolution.

You can thank our dysfunctional Congress once again for not doing their job on time. 

Oh I definitely blame Congress for most things. However that doesn't cover the reason why FEMA funds are paying for not just illegal immigrants, but asylum seekers and political refugees. 

That's not even taking into account the many other free services and monies that they can apply for and get.

FEMA funds for Helene survivors get a one time payment of $750. 

It's a spit in the face for all of those people who can't expect as much or more from their own dammed government. It's appalling!

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:26 PM

I had North Carolina as a safe blue state for the upcoming election. I just changed it to red for obvious reasons.

https://ohiochatter.com/forum/politics/map-predictions

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:32 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Jesus Christ.

Google FEMA and illegal immigrants. Wasting money on bullshit.

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:39 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Bet if NC, SC, TN & GA changed their name to "Ukraine" or "protected immigrant" they'd get that money.

I’d like to brag a bit about what I was allowed to participate in today. Breeze airlines based out of Charleston chartered a plane to Asheville, which they don’t fly to, to bring aid. We had about 20 airport employees, 10 Breeze employees, and 5 of my company employees. We had so much shit that they had to load stuff into the actual passenger part. Gatorade, formula, wipes, contractor bags, linens for hotels, sanitizer, Clorox wipes, etc. we unloaded an entire belly of the plane plus the onboard stuff. Private companies will always win the day. Can’t imagine what this cost, but I was lucky enough to go and help. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’d like to brag a bit about what I was allowed to participate in today. Breeze airlines based out of Charleston chartered a plane to Asheville, which they don’t fly to, to bring aid. We had about 20 airport employees, 10 Breeze employees, and 5 of my company employees. We had so much shit that they had to load stuff into the actual passenger part. Gatorade, formula, wipes, contractor bags, linens for hotels, sanitizer, Clorox wipes, etc. we unloaded an entire belly of the plane plus the onboard stuff. Private companies will always win the day. Can’t imagine what this cost, but I was lucky enough to go and help. 

Very cool thing to have done.  Good on you and your company.

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:55 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thanks. To be honest my company only donated the gas ($25k). But it’s crazy to me that when in times of crisis these people can find everything needed. The email went out about 3 days ago that this could happen, and between the airport, hoteliers, and whatever else, their vendors all got together to make shit happen. It’s kind of amazing to see what can be done when it needs to be. Besides the plane, we also had 2 semi trucks full of flammable shit sent as well. Generators and things, gas cans, stuff not allowed on planes. If I knew how to post pics I would. 

It was a crazy day, sat around waiting for the plane to come, about a 45 min flight, got there and weren’t allowed in the terminal just unloading plane and flew back. The tsa rules mess up a lot, but we had plenty of important people to fix a lot too. Fringes of the rules

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:56 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Oh I definitely blame Congress for most things. However that doesn't cover the reason why FEMA funds are paying for not just illegal immigrants, but asylum seekers and political refugees. 

That's not even taking into account the many other free services and monies that they can apply for and get.

FEMA funds for Helene survivors get a one time payment of $750. 

It's a spit in the face for all of those people who can't expect as much or more from their own dammed government. It's appalling!

It is a Congress problem. Since we are in a CR, unless it is specifically sectioned, FEMA cannot use any more funds out of the relief bucket of money that is already allocated until December.

What you are complaining about is a different bucket of money. Agencies cannot go from one bucket to another unless they are authorized to do so. The whole Congress holds the purse string thing. Also, with Chevon overturned, agencies are now very careful not to move funds around without Congressional authorization.

That is why Congress needs to get back into action.

If Congress could pass a budget on time, with the fiscal year starting last week, FEMA would have had plenty of funds in the relief bucket. Yet, here we are. 

I know it's boring, but this is how bureaucracy operates. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

Thanks. To be honest my company only donated the gas ($25k). But it’s crazy to me that when in times of crisis these people can find everything needed. The email went out about 3 days ago that this could happen, and between the airport, hoteliers, and whatever else, their vendors all got together to make shit happen. It’s kind of amazing to see what can be done when it needs to be. Besides the plane, we also had 2 semi trucks full of flammable shit sent as well. Generators and things, gas cans, stuff not allowed on planes. If I knew how to post pics I would. 

That’s a great story.  You did you part and I’m sure it feels good.

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 7:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

That's awesome. Great stuff 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 8:47 PM

Dock workers agree to go back until January 1st

That should move the line a bit in the democratic direction

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 9:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

Nice! I really appreciate people like you and the others that were there. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 9:09 PM

My FB anti-Trumps are going all out lol

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 9:21 PM
posted by Ironman92

My FB anti-Trumps are going all out lol

Yeah, my old friend is going into the abyss further everyday, too. She goes so far as to make herself look like a raving lunatic. She blames Trump for her daughters death because her daughter went to a MAGA rally during Covid and subsequently died. So she kinda lost it. I have a lot of sympathy for her loss. And for the fact that her sorrow has managed to change her so dramatically and she's clearly unwell.

She also now targets Vance with pure hatred, too. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Oct 3, 2024 9:56 PM

Coming from far right folks but the rumored stories in the hurricane hit area are unbelievable on not getting help and help being refused

Thu, Oct 3, 2024 10:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

Coming from far right folks but the rumored stories in the hurricane hit area are unbelievable on not getting help and help being refused

I haven't heard that people were refused help.

I have heard that so many roads and bridges are washed out that they haven't been able to get to many places yet. I did see a video of people renting helicopters to start reaching places, with the help of volunteer pilots.

Fri, Oct 4, 2024 12:42 PM

Ok, so I revise my above statement. I have seen a handful of vids now where people are saying that the fire chief of Fairfield, NC has been turning away people coming in on private copters to help with supplies. Now, I'm not sure why, it can be for any number of reasons. Here is one of the vids where it gets into that. Go to 4:45

Fri, Oct 4, 2024 2:31 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/breeze-airways_hurricanehelene-community-disasterrelief-activity-7248029447885320194-jt2D?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

Here is a little post from Breeze. We fly them a lot as they go direct to Akron/Canton. Smaller known airline but I recommend. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login