2020 Presidential Election thread

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 9:49 AM
posted by justincredible

What the literal fuck is going on here?

https://twitter.com/VerminSupreme/status/1235925739268198406

People say the same shit when the powerball/mega millions get stupidly high. I just say yup and move on to something else. People are fucking stupid.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 9:51 AM
posted by Rotinaj

People say the same shit when the powerball/mega millions get stupidly high. I just say yup and move on to something else. People are fucking stupid.

Right. People on facebook and twitter and whatnot. This is the gotdam news. That lady is a member of the NYT editorial board.

Fri, Mar 6, 2020 9:55 AM

This is the woman from the clip:

https://twitter.com/MaraGay/status/1235930884429225986

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 10:00 AM

To be fair,  I would have rather gotten a check for $1.53 from Bloomberg than listened to his ads.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 11:50 AM
posted by kizer permanente

To be fair,  I would have rather gotten a check for $1.53

To be fair, in Bernie's economy there's hardly any difference between that and $1M.

Fri, Mar 6, 2020 11:52 AM
posted by gut

To be fair, in Bernie's economy there's hardly any difference between that and $1M.

Big, if true.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 12:55 PM
posted by justincredible

Like, they're just fucking with us, right?

You expect to read this on Twitter.  You don't expect the news to parrot it AND NOT CATCH THE HILARIOUS MISTAKE.

This is elementary school math.  Cancelling out the zeros in multiplication problems is something we learned in like 4th grade.  Fuck's sake.

To be fair,  I would have rather gotten a check for $1.53 from Bloomberg than listened to his ads.

posted by gut

Equal sharing of misery.  Isn't that the phrase?

Big, if true.

Or very, very small.  Depends on how you're looking at it.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Mar 8, 2020 11:45 AM
posted by O-Trap

You expect to read this on Twitter.  You don't expect the news to parrot it AND NOT CATCH THE HILARIOUS MISTAKE.

This is elementary school math.  Cancelling out the zeros in multiplication problems is something we learned in like 4th grade.  Fuck's sake.

On the contrary, I think most of us EXPECT it from our modern media. 

Sun, Mar 8, 2020 2:46 PM
posted by like_that

On the contrary, I think of us EXPECT it from our modern media. 

How sad is that?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 11:53 AM

Oh man, the Biden video of him confronting an auto worker in Michigan on gun control. Calls him full of shit, calls the gun an AR-14, and then says it holds 100 rounds. I'd like to know if anyone out there actually believes that Biden is NOT losing it. It is pretty clear, especially compared to his interviews in 2016, that something is not right. Going to be interesting how this plays out. 

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 11:55 AM
posted by iclfan2

Oh man, the Biden video of him confronting an auto worker in Michigan on gun control. Calls him full of shit, calls the gun an AR-14, and then says it holds 100 rounds. I'd like to know if anyone out there actually believes that Biden is NOT losing it. It is pretty clear, especially compared to his interviews in 2016, that something is not right. Going to be interesting how this plays out. 

His camp won't let him do interviews. They won't let him go off teleprompter.  And even on teleprompter he fuckers it up. Ain't no way there hasn't been serious cognitive decline.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 11:56 AM
posted by iclfan2

They want him elected so he can resign and let his VP take over.  He will just be an empty suit in the oval office.  Lobbyist and Dems like Pelosi will be running everything. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 12:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

I saw that and the rest of the clip where he actually engaged the guy and called it an AR-15. He actually went back and forth with the guy on the need of a semi auto vs. a shotgun/ standard rifle. He actually confronted the guy and told him don't be an ass and and let's talk. 

I didn't take that he was slipping at all. I actually took it as he actual dialogue and debate about an issue. Give him credit for actually talking to people instead of just being whisked away and told not to say anything. 

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 1:00 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I saw that and the rest of the clip where he actually engaged the guy and called it an AR-15. He actually went back and forth with the guy on the need of a semi auto vs. a shotgun/ standard rifle. He actually confronted the guy and told him don't be an ass and and let's talk. 

I didn't take that he was slipping at all. I actually took it as he actual dialogue and debate about an issue. Give him credit for actually talking to people instead of just being whisked away and told not to say anything.

I can give him credit for it, but I'm not sure it's the right play.  This particular incident aside, it does seem like there's been some decline.  He's making GWB look sharp and sober.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 1:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

His aide even tried to save him and he told her to SHUSH lmao. If an autoworker irks Biden that badly, he's going to lose it on stage with orange man if prompted to get off script.

posted by ptown_trojans_1

I watched the whole video too, and I am not sure how you can even spin it to this level.  The whole thing was uncomfortable.  Biden sounded drunk the entire time.  It was like watching two friends get into an argument and everyone else at the party was uncomfortable watching.  We have all been there before.  If everyone wants to play it off with "yeah, but lol AS IF Trump would do better" fine, but let's not try to pretend Biden is bringing back normalcy to the office lmao.  It's going to be fun watching the media spin Trump as the unhinged one when Biden is doing shit like this and challenging everyone to push up contests. 

Edit: Btw he 100% lost that argument.  He sounded like most idiots who defend gun control measures and try to argue with people who are very passionate and/or knowledge about guns and the 2A.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 1:01 PM

Joe Biden thinks the 2nd Amendment is about hunting.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 1:11 PM
posted by justincredible

And then drunkenly sprinkles in the "yelling fire in a theater" argument.  This is all tutorial level shit.  

Btw, how can you even try to say he isn't taking guns away when just a week ago he said he would put Beto in charge of it? 

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 1:19 PM

Because he, like all other politicians, are full of absolute shit.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 1:29 PM
posted by justincredible

Well, he also thinks a shotgun is easier to shoot than an AR-15 for home defense.  Tell that to someone who weighs 115 pounds.  The AR-15 mitigates kick really well.  A 12-gauge will throw them on their ass.

Apparently, he also thinks an AR holds a hundred rounds of ammo.  I'd love to hear him even define "semi-automatic."  Seems like a lot of the anti-gun politicians use "semi-automatic" and "automatic" interchangeably.

posted by justincredible

Because he, like all other politicians, are full of absolute shit.

He's just getting too cognitively diminished to hide it effectively.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 2:00 PM
posted by like_that

And then drunkenly sprinkles in the "yelling fire in a theater" argument.  This is all tutorial level shit.  

Btw, how can you even try to say he isn't taking guns away when just a week ago he said he would put Beto in charge of it? 

He also word for word on Anderson Cooper said he would come for your guns if you have an assault weapon (which isn’t a real thing). He’s completely full of shit and senile. 

Ptown, regardless of this video, do you really not think there has been a cognitive decline in his behavior and memory?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login