2020 Presidential Election thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 1, 2024 9:04 PM

I just saw that. Dems are pissed because they won't be able to have SCOTUS do their dirty work for them.

I say Dems because it wasn't Biden's idea to make that speech. And it was almost certainly not his decision to not answer any questions. Others are at work here.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 1, 2024 9:42 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I say Dems because it wasn't Biden's idea to make that speech. And it was almost certainly not his decision to not answer any questions. Others are at work here.

Still waiting for Moderate Ptown to climb out of his shell and insist "Dementia Joe" is just a far right wing conspiracy.
Mon, Jul 1, 2024 10:47 PM
posted by gut
Still waiting for Moderate Ptown to climb out of his shell and insist "Dementia Joe" is just a far right wing conspiracy.

I think we lost Ptown when this forum was hidden. I don't think I've seen him since that happened, come to think of it. I'm not sure.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Jul 1, 2024 11:05 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I don't think I've seen him since that happened, come to think of it.

Probably shivering curled up in the fetal position, bawling, during the debate.  Mumbling "Fox hacked the broadcast....frickin' MAGA....DANGER TO DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!"

Mon, Jul 1, 2024 11:27 PM
posted by gut

Probably shivering curled up in the fetal position, bawling, during the debate.  Mumbling "Fox hacked the broadcast....frickin' MAGA....DANGER TO DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!"

That whole damn debate was a cheap fake!!!!

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 1, 2024 11:35 PM

He’s got quite the fan club now. Maybe he will come back to add to the forum’s vibrant and most thrilling discussions. 

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 1:04 AM
posted by Automatik

He’s got quite the fan club now. Maybe he will come back to add to the forum’s vibrant and most thrilling discussions. 

I hope he does! He's one of the few people with late stage TDS who puts up a good argument to disagree on. I might disagree with him on a lot of things and vice versa. But at least he has something to say.

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 11:43 AM

AOC has said that when she gets back to work from vacation she will open up articles of impeachment against SCOTUS.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 12:47 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

AOC has said that when she gets back to work from vacation she will open up articles of impeachment against SCOTUS.

She and MTG should share an office.  

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 1:03 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Right? lol

I don't think she'll do it. Surely some other Dem will pull her aside and tell her to stfu, that she doesn't want to open that can of worms.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 1:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That would lead to some really entertaining reality TV!

"You thought Dumb and Dumber was just a movie? Well, tune in today to watch these two show their ignorance on virtually every facet of their job. And anyone else's. And then wonder just how they got elected and what that says about all the people in their districts!"

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 1:22 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to bring that up.  SCOTUS is basically making Congress do it's job, and AOC first inclination is to impeach the justices trying to make her do her job.

But to be fair, Kavanaugh and Barret, probably Gorsuch, were deceptive at best when asked about Roe v. Wade at their confirmations.  Arguably they lied, which is indeed an impeachable offense.

They don't have 60 votes in the Senate, but if either party ever did the idea they might impeach justices with opposing ideologies is extremely concerning.

It's not just Trump damaging our institutions.  The filibuster is pretty much the only thing standing in the way of either party doing real, permanent harm.

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 7:02 PM

I don't know why the DNC just died go with who is next in line

I think she's been sending subliminal messages for a while now.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 3, 2024 3:10 PM

The people telling you that Trump is a threat to democracy are actually the people that are a threat to democracy.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jul 3, 2024 4:34 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The people telling you that Trump is a threat to democracy are actually the people that are a threat to democracy.  

Great, thank you.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login