2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 4:05 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

A left wing conspiracy? Really? You are better than that. 

Why?  You weren't.  Remember when you said it was a "right wing conspiracy theory"?  I was mocking you.

A majority of the country, and a majority of independents, think he's mentally unfit.  So, yes, it's pretty much only left wingers at this point that think otherwise.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 5:49 PM

Good to see you are a still a medical expert. 

Why would it take a medical expert to notice this? 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 7:52 PM
posted by superman

Why would it take a medical expert to notice this? 

It’s ptown’s “middle of the road” horse crap. If you aren’t a medical doctor you can’t tell if someone is incoherent…

Makes sense right?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 8:05 PM
posted by jmog

It’s ptown’s “middle of the road” horse crap. 

I still wonder what his friends must be like if he’s the middle of the road. I also still laugh that he’s the only person I’ve ever heard of that has multiple people he works with using dumb ass pronouns. He must live in a snow globe of liberalism 
Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 8:18 PM

It’s rather common these days. I assume you don’t have a LinkedIn account.

I thought this thread was bumped for some “big reveal.” 🙁

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 8:39 PM
posted by Automatik

It’s rather common these days. I assume you don’t have a LinkedIn account.

I have LinkedIn, and am in Corporate finance, never seen someone I actually know with a legit professional degree (cpa, mba) putting pronouns in their bio, and if they do it’s obvious ones (still dumb, but I’m sure people working for some woke companies do it). Ptown acted like he interacted with trans every day. 

I imagine you see it more since you worked in NYC. 

superman Senior Member
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 9:31 PM
posted by jmog

It’s ptown’s “middle of the road” horse crap. If you aren’t a medical doctor you can’t tell if someone is incoherent…

Makes sense right?

I bet ptown is thankful that Boogie is here so that he is not the resident moron.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 10:06 PM
posted by iclfan2
I have LinkedIn, and am in Corporate finance, never seen someone with a legit professional degree (cpa, mba) putting pronouns in their bio, and if they do it’s obvious ones (still dumb, but I’m sure people working for some woke companies do it). Ptown acted like he interacted with trans every day. 

I see it quite a bit on LinkedIn, including friends from grad school (male and female).  Back then, they weren't into virtue signaling.  I don't know that there have been any surprise reveals, but then I don't pay much attention to it.  Could be working at woke companies.  Again, I don't really pay attention to any of it.

I usually just refer to people by their name.  Speaking of which, years ago I forgot the name of a new colleague and accidentally said "what should I train her on first" talking to my boss, in front of her.  She frickin' exploded, and said it was demeaning or sexist or something like that.  Inconsiderate, sure, but an honest mistake.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 29, 2022 11:00 PM

I'm just waiting for companies to require employees put their pronouns in their email signatures.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 8:53 AM

I have never interacted with anyone using alternate pronouns. I have always worked in manufacturing - not the most woke of industries - and I’ve never spoken to someone who mentioned that they knew someone with alternate pronouns.  I think much of this is a fad that will die down in the next few years, with a lot of conversations like:

“Remember when you went by ‘they’”?

“Yeah, I was a young jackass during that time.”

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 8:54 AM
posted by superman

I bet ptown is thankful that Boogie is here so that he is not the resident moron.

What did I do to cause this?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 10:07 AM
posted by gut

I see it quite a bit on LinkedIn, including friends from grad school (male and female).  Back then, they weren't into virtue signaling.  I don't know that there have been any surprise reveals, but then I don't pay much attention to it.  Could be working at woke companies.  Again, I don't really pay attention to any of it.

I usually just refer to people by their name.  Speaking of which, years ago I forgot the name of a new colleague and accidentally said "what should I train her on first" talking to my boss, in front of her.  She frickin' exploded, and said it was demeaning or sexist or something like that.  Inconsiderate, sure, but an honest mistake.

Sounds like a cunty overreaction.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 10:08 AM
posted by justincredible

I'm just waiting for companies to require employees put their pronouns in their email signatures.

I am sure some already are.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 10:10 AM
posted by jmog

Good to see you are still “middle of the road”

Saying someone is incoherent has zero to do with being a doctor, it literally only takes someone who has functioning ears.

So congratulations on saying something that makes zero sense.

You do know there is a difference between being old and having dementia right? 

Biden is old, too old frankly, but to say he has dementia is completely different. 

superman Senior Member
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 10:15 AM
posted by like_that

I am sure some already are.

Children's hospital has talked about it. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 10:19 AM
posted by iclfan2
I still wonder what his friends must be like if he’s the middle of the road. I also still laugh that he’s the only person I’ve ever heard of that has multiple people he works with using dumb ass pronouns. He must live in a snow globe of liberalism 

Maybe you should venture out of your own bubble more...

I have lived in Delaware County, Ohio now for over a year...so yeah snow globe of liberalism. 

I do find it funny for people that work in fiance you have not come across it more, or are in denial of it. I have worked for a large international construction firm, and now a national engineering firm and come across it from time to time. I have traveled up and down the east coast, FL to NY, so my experiences are based on that. 

As for my friends, my best friend is a die hard libertarian from Orange County, Ca. Justin, you and him would get along great. My other really good friend is an old school Republican from Missouri, who still donates to conservative causes. My other friends are a mix of old school liberals and very, very liberals. A good number of them voted for Larry Hogan in Maryland and some for Dewine here in Ohio. 

The neighborhood I also live in is a mix of Republicans and Democrats. Point being, the bubble I live in is pretty diverse. Sound like yours, and a lot of people's on here is not. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 11:08 AM

I dunno. If there’s one thing libertarians hate more than anything else, it’s other libertarians. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 1:00 PM

Is having a libertarian friend anything like having a black friend?

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 3:22 PM

You do know there is a difference between being old and having dementia right? 

Biden is old, too old frankly, but to say he has dementia is completely different. 

In the post you quoted I said he was incoherent, I didn’t say anything about dementia.

Try again.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jan 30, 2022 3:24 PM

Maybe you should venture out of your own bubble more...

I have lived in Delaware County, Ohio now for over a year...so yeah snow globe of liberalism. 

I do find it funny for people that work in fiance you have not come across it more, or are in denial of it. I have worked for a large international construction firm, and now a national engineering firm and come across it from time to time. I have traveled up and down the east coast, FL to NY, so my experiences are based on that. 

As for my friends, my best friend is a die hard libertarian from Orange County, Ca. Justin, you and him would get along great. My other really good friend is an old school Republican from Missouri, who still donates to conservative causes. My other friends are a mix of old school liberals and very, very liberals. A good number of them voted for Larry Hogan in Maryland and some for Dewine here in Ohio. 

The neighborhood I also live in is a mix of Republicans and Democrats. Point being, the bubble I live in is pretty diverse. Sound like yours, and a lot of people's on here is not. 

The problem is, your posts lean “very very liberal” yet you claim to be “middle of the road”. So you are either lying or playing Devils advocate specifically for Spock and QO.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login