2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 2:24 PM
posted by iclfan2

Ptown, regardless of this video, do you really not think there has been a cognitive decline in his behavior and memory?

I'm not convinced, but I do wonder.  Contrast with Bernie, who's sharp as a tack.

Pretty scary stuff, because I think we'll actually be electing whomever he pegs for VP.  Most voters aren't going to realize that.  My goodness - can you imagine 12 years of Kamala Harris (because they'll wheel out Joe, Weekend at Bernie's style, for 2 years and 1 day)?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 3:02 PM

Cussing out an auto worker is not going to play well in the Midwest.  Amazing he is the person they are bringing to the dance.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 3:28 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Cussing out an auto worker is not going to play well in the Midwest.  Amazing he is the person they are bringing to the dance.

You wouldn't think so, but Obama survived being condescending to Joe the Plumber just fine.

Granted, Crazy Uncle Joe doesn't have the panache and charisma that Obama did, but it's not without precedent that someone can survive it.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 3:33 PM
posted by O-Trap

You wouldn't think so, but Obama survived being condescending to Joe the Plumber just fine.

Granted, Crazy Uncle Joe doesn't have the panache and charisma that Obama did, but it's not without precedent that someone can survive it.

Granted it has been awhile since I wathched that interaction, but I don't recall it being as bad as Biden confronting some of these people. 

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 3:36 PM
posted by like_that

Granted it has been awhile since I wathched that interaction, but I don't recall it being as bad as Biden confronting some of these people. 

It was certainly not the same.  Like I said, Biden doesn't have the panache and charisma to pull off the interaction that Obama had.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 3:37 PM
posted by O-Trap

Obama leveraged technology to turn out every last vote he needed in key states.  Trump has the same tech.  I doubt Biden's operation does.

But Joe will probably forget where he is, literally, in one of the debates with Trump and then it's all over.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 3:44 PM
posted by gut

Obama leveraged technology to turn out every last vote he needed in key states.  Trump has the same tech.  I doubt Biden's operation does.

But Joe will probably forget where he is, literally, in one of the debates with Trump and then it's all over.

It's going to be a hell of a show.

I can't wait.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 3:51 PM
posted by O-Trap

It's going to be a hell of a show.

I can't wait.

What's the over/under on Biden actually throwing a punch at some point?

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 4:32 PM
posted by gut

What's the over/under on Biden actually throwing a punch at some point?

I mean, it's probably a longshot, but depending on the payout, I might take the odds.

I'd say the chance of Biden using some colloquial bumpkin term to call Trump a name is probably pretty high, though.  That'll be fun.

If Biden ever uses the term "cotton-picking," I'll lose my shit.  It'll be hilarious watching the media outlets have to choose between torpedoing their favorite and calling out a racist phrase.  It'd be fucking glorious.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 4:54 PM

Sanders cancels Cleveland event for tonight.  I guess when you’re about 80, you can’t take any risks.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 4:57 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Sanders cancels Cleveland event for tonight.  I guess when you’re about 80, you can’t take any risks.

Not with your own health and money anyway.

With others', though, it's cool.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 4:57 PM

And Biden does the same.   Ditto

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 5:04 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It's not going to be. It's going to be Killary. The media's already pushing that angle with Biden being mentally unfit and Bernie just being a disaster in general. The Angel of Death isn't going to have to do a thing and she's going to slide right into the Dem's nomination.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 5:28 PM
posted by BR1986FB

It's not going to be. It's going to be Killary. The media's already pushing that angle with Biden being mentally unfit and Bernie just being a disaster in general. The Angel of Death isn't going to have to do a thing and she's going to slide right into the Dem's nomination.

Not impossible, but doubtful.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 5:38 PM
posted by BR1986FB

It's not going to be. It's going to be Killary.

I have a way better theory...

Biden is going to pick Klobuchar for his VP (she already let that slip), but then withdraw shortly after the convention.  That moves Klobuchar up to the top of the ticket, and then she'll name Mayor Pete as her VP.  This is the phone call they had with Obama when they got out ahead of Super Tuesday and endorsed Biden.

Joe's job was to stop the Bernie Bros, but they know he has health issues and can't beat Trump.  It's why Obama still hasn't endorsed Biden, much less anyone else....because he's saving his endorsement for the person who will actually run for POTUS.

The brilliant thing about going with Klobuchar instead of Pete is no one, not Bernie or anyone else, will be allowed to call shenanigans when it's a woman on top of the ticket.

Tue, Mar 10, 2020 5:57 PM
posted by gut

Biden is going to pick Klobuchar for his VP (she already let that slip), but then withdraw shortly after the convention.  That moves Klobuchar up to the top of the ticket, and then she'll name Mayor Pete as her VP.  This is the phone call they had with Obama when they got out ahead of Super Tuesday and endorsed Biden.

Joe's job was to stop the Bernie Bros, but they know he has health issues and can't beat Trump.  It's why Obama still hasn't endorsed Biden, much less anyone else....because he's saving his endorsement for the person who will actually run for POTUS.

The brilliant thing about going with Klobuchar instead of Pete is no one, not Bernie or anyone else, will be allowed to call shenanigans when it's a woman on top of the ticket.

It sounds like the kind of thing I'd read from the wackadoos in a few of the Libertarian groups I'm in on Facebook.  However, it's also pretty genius.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 6:34 PM

Trump's friend Alex Jones got busted for DUI. The Deep State is striking back in very clever passive-aggressive ways. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 7:34 PM
posted by gut

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 7:37 PM
posted by gut

i have been saying this for awile.....Biden will not see the end of the first term and for sure isnt a 2 term president.  He likely puts the VP in office after the 2nd year

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 10, 2020 10:43 PM

Looks like Bernie got smoked today. Lost big in Michigan, which he won in 2016. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login