2020 Presidential Election thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 4:19 PM
posted by gut

On a related note, will Sanders really take the gloves off to go after the nomination?  Or has he already been bought off?

But, LOL, the Dems are down to a guy who may be in the early stages of dementia, vs. the guy who just had a heart attack.

Over/under that their medical records suddenly end-up in the same vault with Trump's tax returns?

Sanders will try over the next two weeks. But, if Biden wins MI and then FL, OH, and Illi, it is over.  

There will not be enough states that Sanders can win for him to overcome the delegate lead Biden has. It is even possible that Biden will reach a majority of delegates going into the convention. 

On your last point, yeah, but I think Biden is the least bad option to go against Trump. All the others shit the bed or could not rally the different groups.  And yes, medical questions are legit with these three dudes vying for the Presidency. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 4:42 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

LOL. And from the guy who's wife will throw down to protect her man. 

She low-key scares me a little bit.  I think Joe married crazy, and he just doesn't remember that anymore.

posted by gut

On a related note, will Sanders really take the gloves off to go after the nomination?  Or has he already been bought off?

But, LOL, the Dems are down to a guy who may be in the early stages of dementia, vs. the guy who just had a heart attack.

Over/under that their medical records suddenly end-up in the same vault with Trump's tax returns?

I do recall that it was a topic of discussion with McCain.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 4:43 PM
posted by gut

I've often said what they really hate about Trump is he doesn't cower to their bullshit - when the Left calls you racist or misogynist, you're supposed to back down and apologize.  But even worse, Trump plays their same game, and he's often better at it.

Schumer makes comments about the court.  Obama made comments.  Trump does it - OMG impeach him for abuse of power!!!

I always laugh at how Bill Maher whines that "Dems need to fight dirty....They don't do it enough".  And I wonder what planet he's on, because it's pretty much been the exact opposite.  And, again, the real threat the Left sees with Trump is if Republicans start adopting his tactics and it becomes a fair fight....

They cannot control Trump; that drives them absolutely crazy.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 4:46 PM
posted by O-Trap

That a person was sentenced for an idle threat made on Facebook is absurd (which I'm sure you'd agree with).  So why are you supporting the same idea, just because it happens to be someone you loathe politically?  Better instead to point out how ridiculous it is in both cases and be ideologically consistent.

Supposedly the guy owned some firearms too; so a weapons charge to boot…cuz Lord knows you can’t have any weapons.  I’m just saying Chuck U. Schumer is above the law, apparently, just weeks after he repeatedly said no one is above the law.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 4:48 PM
posted by gut

Already has 3 homes from the last go-around.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 4:55 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Sanders will try over the next two weeks. But, if Biden wins MI and then FL, OH, and Illi, it is over.  

On your last point, yeah, but I think Biden is the least bad option to go against Trump. All the others shit the bed or could not rally the different groups.  And yes, medical questions are legit with these three dudes vying for the Presidency. 

Bernie has no chance in Florida. And Bernie has already backtracked about releasing his medical records. No chance Biden does. I don't really blame them since there is no rule that they have to. Why give Trump more ammo?

As a citizen I think there should be some sort of health check with a possible president, but I have no idea how you could satisfy both sides that the Dr or team of Dr's is non-partisan. 

Thu, Mar 5, 2020 4:59 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Supposedly the guy owned some firearms too; so a weapons charge to boot…cuz Lord knows you can’t have any weapons.  I’m just saying Chuck U. Schumer is above the law, apparently, just weeks after he repeatedly said no one is above the law.

Eh, that's fair, I suppose.

And I'd imagine we agree that Schumer is basically a big bag of hot air connected to a talking head.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 5:11 PM
posted by O-Trap

And I'd imagine we agree that Schumer is basically a big bag of hot air connected to a talking head.

That's just it he is not.  He is one of the most powerful people in the Federal government.  You have the minority leader of the US Senate standing on the steps of the SCOTUS calling out associate justices by name that if they do not vote the way he wants political bad things are going to happen to them.

Thu, Mar 5, 2020 5:42 PM
posted by majorspark

That's just it he is not.  He is one of the most powerful people in the Federal government.  You have the minority leader of the US Senate standing on the steps of the SCOTUS calling out associate justices by name that if they do not vote the way he wants political bad things are going to happen to them.

I'm referring to his substance.  Not his position.

Like the difference between a leader and a boss.  Leader has to do with character.  Boss has to do with position.

He's a big bag of hot air who people somehow decided to put into a position his competence doesn't warrant.

Then again ...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 6:22 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The guy threatened to shoot AOC. That's probably why his guns came into play. 

Common sense says that Schumer wasn't making that type of threat. But he's a jackass anyway n

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 7:29 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

LOL at Trump followers parroting the nicknames he assigns.  

It's kind of like what you think is an annoying commercial jingle then you end up constantly playing it in your head.  We all do it and its quite affective.

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 9:58 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Common sense says that Schumer wasn't making that type of threat. But he's a jackass anyway n

True, but it did provoke the the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS to issue a public statement that his comments rose above simple political jackassery but were actually dangerous.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 10:24 PM
posted by majorspark

It's kind of like what you think is an annoying commercial jingle then you end up constantly playing it in your head.  We all do it and its quite affective.

"Co-stanza!" If you're a Seinfeld fan you'll get the reference.

Fri, Mar 6, 2020 12:59 AM

Scaramucci is apparently in Biden's camp now.  This should be fun.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/486017-scaramucci-of-course-ill-campaign-for-biden

Fri, Mar 6, 2020 1:14 AM
posted by majorspark

True, but it did provoke the the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS to issue a public statement that his comments rose above simple political jackassery but were actually dangerous.

Politicking at its finest.

Fri, Mar 6, 2020 8:53 AM

What the literal fuck is going on here?

https://twitter.com/VerminSupreme/status/1235925739268198406

Fri, Mar 6, 2020 8:56 AM

Another tweet of the same video:

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1235802419734269952

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 9:17 AM

Saw that. How stupid do you have to be to report that. It is grade school math

Fri, Mar 6, 2020 9:24 AM

Like, they're just fucking with us, right?

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 9:42 AM
posted by justincredible

What the literal fuck is going on here?

https://twitter.com/VerminSupreme/status/1235925739268198406

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login