2021-22 NFL Playoffs thread

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 11:35 PM

So, wish list for QB for Steelers next year? Try and land a big FA? Or mediocre one while developing a draft pick?

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:31 AM

Pickett?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:42 AM

Well, I guess 1.5 decent quarters is better than none, like in the regular season game. But, man, after KC got going, it went from promising to over really quickly.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:44 AM
posted by Ironman92

I mean Super Bowl’s are kinda hard to win

So are playoff games, with Tomlin

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:43 AM

We all knew that the Steelers had no business being in the playoffs and they had no chance to win.

It’s nice to see the rapist’s last playoff games all ended in ass whoopings. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 8:13 AM
posted by like_that

We all knew that the Steelers had no business being in the playoffs and they had no chance to win.

It’s nice to see the rapist’s last playoff games all ended in ass whoopings. 

Penguins might have fared better against the Chiefs. Neither PA team (Philly or Pittsburgh) looked like they belonged in the playoffs and 3 of the 5 games, so far, have been uninteresting blowouts.

This is what you get when you add a seventh playoff team. Fringe teams that probably shouldn't be in.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 8:16 AM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah…after Joe threw an interception….now what often happens to quarterbacks after they throw a pick? Players go after thrm trying to get a shot. Watt and he were tangled at the time of the pick and he held him there….not letting him go after tackle or get himself hurt. Joe didn’t like it so he fought back, good for him. I’ve never seen anything about how that was dirty. But everything Pittsburgh does is dirty in the eyes of some sore Bengals fans.

What about Alex Collins? What's your excuse for that? 

Why can't you just admit that Watt is dirty and you enjoy that? 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 9:45 AM
posted by superman

What about Alex Collins? What's your excuse for that? 

Why can't you just admit that Watt is dirty and you enjoy that? 

His comment about Pittsburgh being dirty in the eyes of Bengals fans doesn't stop at just Bengals fans. Besides the playoff games, the Steelers have had a history of dirty play against the Browns, James Harrison mostly, for hits on Josh Cribbs, Colt McCoy and Mo Massaquoi (career ending)....all head shots that caused serious concussions.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:18 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So, wish list for QB for Steelers next year? Try and land a big FA? Or mediocre one while developing a draft pick?

Not sure…..I worry about them banking on Pickett.

Rodgers isn’t coming after watching 4 new lineman and a rookie lol mixed in with receivers that are never open when it matters and then there is Dionte Johnson, the dropper.

Cousins? Not sure I want Watson.

I don’t know the best answer…but not Rudolph is my starting point.

I want THE best available lineman with the first pick

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:35 PM

Those running missiles from Mahomes were incredible throws. I kept thinking….”wow…I want that.”

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:12 PM
posted by Ironman92

Not sure…..I worry about them banking on Pickett.

Rodgers isn’t coming after watching 4 new lineman and a rookie lol mixed in with receivers that are never open when it matters and then there is Dionte Johnson, the dropper.

Cousins? Not sure I want Watson.

I don’t know the best answer…but not Rudolph is my starting point.

I want THE best available lineman with the first pick

I saw an article on Yahoo a minute ago that says they are happy with the QB room (Rudolph/Haskins) and will let them duke it out for the starting position. 

Will likely draft a QB later but not with their 1st. 

Says they won't pursue the higher end (Rodgers, Wilson, etc) QB's but could be smokescreens.

I'd be stunned if Pittsburgh gave up big draft capital to go "all in" for a marquee name. Not their M.O.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:38 PM
posted by Automatik

Those running missiles from Mahomes were incredible throws. I kept thinking….”wow…I want that.”

The stuff he does with a football is unreal. Every game  I watch him I find myself saying "no way" 2 or 3 times. 

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:53 PM
posted by justincredible

I dont think that is even the Raiders game.....
justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:00 PM
posted by thavoice
I dont think that is even the Raiders game.....

You know what, I think you're right. I'm beginning to think this didn't actually happen...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:02 PM
posted by superman

The stuff he does with a football is unreal. Every game  I watch him I find myself saying "no way" 2 or 3 times. 

Yeah, KC isn't the opponent you want when your offense has been shitty for an extended period of time. There are a fair number of teams out there where you can win ugly against, but it's about a given that even if you keep Mahomes down for a while, he will go off and make something crazy happen and then you'll be stuck playing from behind.

thavoice Senior Member
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:13 PM

I dont want to mortgage the future for an aging FA.  Who realistically is out there?

Ryan and Wilson.   Rodgers aint going anywhere.

The way I look at it, the AFC is going to be ruled by the Bengals, Chefs and Bills for the foreseabble future and we aint going to compete against those teams so I am looking at it in a different way.   $$$$

*Josh Allen:  Only a 16 million cap hit next year, but goes to 40 million in 2023 and 50 million by 2025.

*Mahomey: 7.5 this year.  35 mill in 2022.   46m in 2023 and into the future escalates.

Both of them signed monster deals but were cap friendly for the few few.

The rub is going to be the Bengals.  What we expect to see is BDJ getting a huge deal in a couple of years.  I expect after the 2022 season he will sign his deal, and like the others it will be cap friendly for the first few.

This puts the Chefs/Bills at a severe cap hit in 2023 and beyond.  Burrow is likely to not hit his cap hell # until 2025 at the earliest, and likely not unti 2026.

QBs with top ten cap hits and win a SB:

Brady in 2021 at 25 million. (5th highest cap)

Manning, with the Broncos.

Manning in 2006

E. Manning in 2007.

Brad Johnson in 2002.

"Of the last 15 Super Bowl winners the average winning quarterback salary was 8 percent of their team’s overall cap. Conversely the average of the top five quarterback salaries averaged 15 percent of the team’s cap of the same year."

None of this means anything, but it can mean everything.   

LIke it or not, the Bengals just may be in line to have the most successful team over the next decade.  NFC will have Rodgers and Brady retiring soon, with Allen and Mahomes contracts hindering what talent they can keep down the road.

Now..to the Stillers.     I dont watch CFB enough to know if any of those guys have much of a chance to be NFL stars.   I almost would rather the team truly address other positions that, if done correctly, solidify the spot for a long time and make sure they get a QB in the next couple of years, the right one.   

As for Pickett....with him being in the building that CAN help them to know if he truly is the guy, or it can hurt because sometimes you overvalue players close to you.

Moving FWD...I see it being KC and GB in the SB and I would be rooting for the old dude Rodgers to cement himself into the NFL elite once again.   

thavoice Senior Member
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:15 PM
posted by justincredible

You know what, I think you're right. I'm beginning to think this didn't actually happen...

I would have seen him if it did happen.   He musta been at a game in early October for pink cancer day.

Pardon my take is a fraud, and a liar.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:57 PM

Minshew wouldn’t be a bad option. At least considering some of the other options (like roll the dice with Rudolph and whoever that other guy is) 

thavoice Senior Member
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 4:00 PM

Minshew wouldn’t be a bad option. At least considering some of the other options (like roll the dice with Rudolph and whoever that other guy is) 

Rudolfs arm strength is just not there.   He basically lobs the ball to the outside.   Dennis Haskins work ethic is so poor, by all reports.  Neither is the answer, even short term.

GM is reportedly retiring after the draft.  I would imagine that they get the pick of the litter for his replacement.   The defense was gashed this year, but I think with a good offense they dont look nearly as bad.   

BRs $ come off the books and we are not even close to the cap.   If a solid vet is there and not outrageous...who knows.    

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 4:25 PM

Pittsburgh will have roughly 40m in cap space.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login