2021-22 NFL Playoffs thread

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 9:33 PM

And NFL confirms that TD shouldn’t have counted. Don’t think Vegas wins anyway, but yeah, you can’t reward a play when the whistle fucking blows. Boger and his crew are so bad.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 10:28 PM
posted by Laley23

That’s a real slippery slope. Whistle clearly happened before catch. I agree it didn’t matter, but I don’t think that can be a judgement ruling. That’s gotta be a black and white rule which would’ve meant no TD.

The appropriate outcome happened regardless.

Refs for 3+ years have held their whistle while QB’s have thrown the ball 15-20 yards and defensive guy picks it up and runs for a TD while the world is just wondering if it’s actually real or not, knowing it can’t be. What’s the purpose of blowing your whistle at all when a QB runs out of bounds?…why be quick with it?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 10:35 PM

It was going to be a TD regardless. Boyd didn’t have the separation he did because of the whistle a half second before the ball hits his hands. It would have been more infuriating had the TD not counted because a dumbfuck blew his whistle. I’m also not going to care because the Joey Porter incident from 2016 still pisses me off. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 10:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It was going to be a TD regardless. Boyd didn’t have the separation he did because of the whistle a half second before the ball hits his hands. It would have been more infuriating had the TD not counted because a dumbfuck blew his whistle. I’m also not going to care because the Joey Porter incident from 2016 still pisses me off. 

It was 3rd and 4…..Bengals very well could’ve had the same outcome 

And the Steelers had around 21 seconds left so they could’ve too

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:03 PM

The Raiders got every other questionable call. It evens out

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:06 PM
posted by superman

The Raiders got every other questionable call. It evens out

Their holdings murdered them.

Hopefully next round all has good crews but that seems mathematically impossible 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Their holdings murdered them.

Hopefully next round all has good crews but that seems mathematically impossible 

Every one was legit.  

The phantom timeout changed the end of the game.

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:38 PM

I didn’t watch most of the game. I did see that call. My point is there is a clear black and white rule. How the refs fucked it up is insane, only Boger. You can say the right outcome resulted, and I agree. But the rule is clear…it should not have counted. The whistle blew. The Bengals benefited immensely from that.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 9:14 AM
posted by Laley23

I didn’t watch most of the game. I did see that call. My point is there is a clear black and white rule. How the refs fucked it up is insane, only Boger. You can say the right outcome resulted, and I agree. But the rule is clear…it should not have counted. The whistle blew. The Bengals benefited immensely from that.

I just have no issue with them huddling up, knowing they eff’d up and making up their reason to make it the way it should have resulted….basically making two wrongs to get a right 

Sun, Jan 16, 2022 9:44 AM
posted by Ironman92

I just have no issue with them huddling up, knowing they eff’d up and making up their reason to make it the way it should have resulted….basically making two wrongs to get a right 

Until it happens to your team. It is a clear rule. There is no judgement in if a whistle blew or not. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 9:50 AM
posted by Laley23

That is correct. Do the Raiders have a legitimate beef for the bad call? Of course. Do they and their fans have a legitimate claim that it cost them the game? They do not. Throwing an interception in the field of play on a tie or die play gives them no excuse. The team that played better won the game.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 9:51 AM

What if someone in the crowd blows a whistle? They’d have to be close to the front row. I swear something like that happened a few years ago. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 12:31 PM
posted by Laley23

Until it happens to your team. It is a clear rule. There is no judgement in if a whistle blew or not. 

No…I want what’s fair. My wife asked me who I was rooting for and I word for word said “I really don’t care I just don’t want one team getting the majority of the calls”….I want the best team to win that day.

If I was a Raiders fan and holding my hopes and then gripes on that…..I’m just being desperate, like many fans are…..if I’m a Raiders fan I’m ticked at the holdings, false starts and man down field that all seemed to take away big plays or likely first downs….that’s what I’d be mad about.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 2:32 PM

Funny Joe Burrow high school story that Superman and mhs95 probably recall

During basketball season he was teamed up with his talent tight ends Adam and Ryan Luerhman (twins) they and Joe were all right at 6’3, similar build snd blonde hair. At a basketball game at Lucasville vs Valley it was a tight game in the 4th and while all 3 were very good basketball players Ryan Luerhman was struggling with free throws…..so as Luerhman gets fouled at a big moment late in the 4th Burrow stepped up to the line and shot the free throws for him fooling the refs, coaches and fans….initially. As he knocked the first one down everyone started to realize that cared but too late as Burrow already had ball and buried the 2nd….the Valley crowd lost their minds, and the game.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 2:34 PM

#10, #12, #44

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 2:38 PM

posted by Ironman92

Funny Joe Burrow high school story that Superman and mhs95 probably recall

During basketball season he was teamed up with his talent tight ends Adam and Ryan Luerhman (twins) they and Joe were all right at 6’3, similar build snd blonde hair. At a basketball game at Lucasville vs Valley it was a tight game in the 4th and while all 3 were very good basketball players Ryan Luerhman was struggling with free throws…..so as Luerhman gets fouled at a big moment late in the 4th Burrow stepped up to the line and shot the free throws for him fooling the refs, coaches and fans….initially. As he knocked the first one down everyone started to realize that cared but too late as Burrow already had ball and buried the 2nd….the Valley crowd lost their minds, and the game.

Lol, gotta admit that's smooth as hell.
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 2:42 PM

Lol, that’s good. 

We had a kid who was 6’6, but a tennis player and not very skilled. But, at 6’6 he started for us. Got fouled late in a tie game and asked if I could shoot the FTs for him lol. He wasn’t totally aware of the rules being from Iran.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 2:50 PM

I’m not sure he didn’t do that a few other times during the season. Before you really knew Joe and you watched Athens play…..those 3 all looked like the same player. The twins went on to be tight ends at OU. They had a guard that played football at Northwestern and another kid off bench that played college football…….had Ibi Watson (Michigan, Dayton, G league) not transferred to Pickerington after his sophomore year…..Burrow may have won State as a basketball player.

Crazy the talent Little Athens High School had because of OU football assistant coaches. Burrow, Luerhmans, and I believe both stud running backs

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 3:28 PM

Eagles are pushing the Patriots for the worst playoff team/performance…..hoping the Steelers don’t say “hold my beer”

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Jan 16, 2022 4:18 PM

Brady with his 35th playoff win

Insane

35-11

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login