39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 7:00 PM
posted by justincredible

I need to bring back thread banning...

Agreed, Bundy needs a ban

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 4:51 PM

Trump using his EO on the stimulus as a campaign event...and I'm pretty sure he's using a laugh track.

Also, the EO is illegal as hell.  I hope at least Rand Paul has the balls to call him out on this.  The question is which blue state AG will commit political suicide to challenge him?

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 5:35 PM
posted by gut

Trump using his EO on the stimulus as a campaign event...and I'm pretty sure he's using a laugh track.

Also, the EO is illegal as hell.  I hope at least Rand Paul has the balls to call him out on this.  The question is which blue state AG will commit political suicide to challenge him?

I would agree that any spending is to be done through the house.   But politically its smart as hell.  Makes the dems and Pelosi look bad

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 6:20 PM

I'm starting to think this whole business about Kanye running is just another massive Trump troll job.

Apparently Kanye got rejected in IL because 1900 of his 3200 signatures were invalid.  First, I'm shocked it only takes 2500 signatures to get on a ballot.  Second, if Kanye was remotely serious I'm sure a couple volunteers could easily get 2500 signatures in a single afternoon on Michigan Ave. 

And, then, your lawyer walks into the office in Milwaukee minutes after the deadline to file to get on the ballot?  We all know Trumps hires only the best people, but that's too big of a fuck-up not to be intentiontal.  Also, curiously convenient that someone knew who the lawyer was and waiting to take video of him to prove he was late.

Alex Jones-level conspiracy, except this might actually be true.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 10, 2020 2:16 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Whatever, you guys are all ugly!

...more opinion. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:08 PM

Wait, which guy is senile?

The President says the “1917 pandemic” ended the Second World War https://t.co/jSltuSYim2

SportsAndLady Senior Member
Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:17 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The President says the “1917 pandemic” ended the Second World War https://t.co/jSltuSYim2

I do get a kick out of the “Biden makes no sense!” Crowd completely ignoring all the senile, idiotic things trump says everyday  

gut Senior Member
Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:36 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I do get a kick out of the “Biden makes no sense!” Crowd completely ignoring all the senile, idiotic things trump says everyday  

Again, if you've been around someone who had dementia there's a clear difference between gaffes and getting tongue-tied and declining mental accuity.  Some also become mean, which is something new we've seen from Biden (whereas Trump is the same asshole he's always been) several times now.  There's also the blank stare I've seen several times with Biden where it's like a literal brain freeze.

Trump's not winning any IQ contests, but it's not just right-wingers seeing evidence of mental decline in Biden.

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:42 PM
posted by gut

Again, if you've been around someone who had dementia there's a clear difference between gaffes and getting tongue-tied and declining mental accuity.  Some also become mean, which is something new we've seen from Biden (whereas Trump is the same asshole he's always been) several times now.  There's also the blank stare I've seen several times with Biden where it's like a literal brain freeze.

Trump's not winning any IQ contests, but it's not just right-wingers seeing evidence of mental decline in Biden.

Blah blah blah. I stand by what I said—those giving Biden shit for saying dumb shit completely ignore that Trump says equally dumb shit. Call it dementia, intelligence levels, whatever you want—but they’re both morons  

Also, I spend a lot of time around people with dementia, both within my family and clients at work. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:44 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I hope you aren’t equating messing up WW2 for WW1 off the cuff for some of the babbles crap the last few months. If you are then you are grasping at straws here.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:46 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Blah blah blah. I stand by what I said—those giving Biden shit for saying dumb shit completely ignore that Trump says equally dumb shit. Call it dementia, intelligence levels, whatever you want—but they’re both morons  

Also, I spend a lot of time around people with dementia, both within my family and clients at work. 

Saying something dumb, which Trump did above, is different than completely bumbling over what you are trying to say, going off into complete blank stares, etc.

If you truly do work around dementia patients and were being intellectually honest with yourself, you would see the difference.

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 8:05 PM
posted by jmog

I hope you aren’t equating messing up WW2 for WW1 off the cuff for some of the babbles crap the last few months. If you are then you are grasping at straws here.

Maybe...because Trump does this on a daily basis. I also don't think Trump is on the mental decline. 

I also don't focus on the Biden mental health stuff. I know you have your personal stories and observations. 

Good for you and that is your view. But, I am not one to make a medical judgment about someone when I am not a medical doctor, nor know their own medical history. It seems a stretch. Gaffes are one thing, thinking he has a mental decline is a whole different matter. 

I'll go off of his statements and speeches, which seems hit and miss I will admit. But, so has Trump’s. 

I'm also of the view most voters either don't care or do not think it matters.

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 8:06 PM
posted by jmog

Saying something dumb, which Trump did above, is different than completely bumbling over what you are trying to say, going off into complete blank stares, etc.

If you truly do work around dementia patients and were being intellectually honest with yourself, you would see the difference.

Lol however you wanna spin it fella

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 6:14 AM

So, are we establishing that Biden acts Trumpish?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:37 AM
posted by like_that

They both suck. 

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:46 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

They both suck. 

Yup

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:49 AM
posted by like_that

They both are horrible public speakers and make gaffes all the time...so yeah. 

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 4:54 PM

Kamala Harris is Biden’s VP pick

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login