2020 Presidential Election thread

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 1:41 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Could you teach us how logic works? It would be great if you could have fact vs. opinion as part of the lesson, just in case someone was absent on the day that they taught it in second grade. Thanks.

Your post just made jmog cum

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 2:15 PM

Here's how screwed up 2020 is:  People are actively trying to keep a black man off the Presidential ballot because it might help Trump win.

Can you imagine if you wrote that script back in 2012 people would have thought the idea was completely absurd and you were nuts.  Then you say, "by the way it's Kanye" and people would be like "ok, now you're just fucking with me".

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 2:25 PM

Hmmmm, some Republican operatives apparently, and possibly even a Trump lawyer, were helping Kanye to get on the Wisconsin ballot.

How could that be legal?  I mean, sure, campaign runners work for different people and sometimes even different parties.  But if Kanye doesn't have an official organization and is not paying/employing people helping him....pretty clear campaign finance violation?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:03 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

“You son of a bitch” = asshole

“You black son of a bitch”= racist asshole

The addition of black is both a fact and makes it racist. Hope this helps!

Calling someone an asshole is opinion, which means its still an opinion that is racist, not a fact. Hope this helps.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:04 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Could you teach us how logic works? It would be great if you could have fact vs. opinion as part of the lesson, just in case someone was absent on the day that they taught it in second grade. Thanks.

SnL still woundn't understand the difference, as evidence by this thread.

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:12 PM
posted by jmog

Calling someone an asshole is opinion, which means its still an opinion that is racist, not a fact. Hope this helps.

There is truly no hope for you  

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:35 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

There is truly no hope for you  

Coming from the person who clearly doesn't understand the difference between a fact and an opinion this is rather hilarious.

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:56 PM
posted by jmog

Coming from the person who clearly doesn't understand the difference between a fact and an opinion this is rather hilarious.

Again, you still don’t get it lol

You don’t think it’s racist to call a black man a “black son of a bitch” or “black bastard” or “black *insert insult here*”

There’s no hope for you. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:03 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

You don’t think it’s racist to call a black man a “black son of a bitch” or “black bastard” or “black *insert insult here*”

There’s no hope for you. 

He didn't say that. He said it's racist, several times I believe. He's saying it's not a fact. Which is correct. Calling someone black is a fact. And not racist. Calling someone a black sob is not a fact and is racist. Just take the L, man.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:20 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

“You son of a bitch” = asshole

“You black son of a bitch”= racist asshole

The addition of black is both a fact and makes it racist. Hope this helps!

I really do understand what you are trying to convey, but it’s still wrong.

Adding black to that statement doesn’t make it racist despite the fact the person was black. The tone and intention of the statement coming from the person who said it makes the statement racist.

Like, taking away all the layers, all you did was add an adjective to an insult. But that single adjective is indeed a simple truth. The person was black. It only becomes a racist Remark because the person who said it has racist intent.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:44 PM

Lmao he is STILL dying on this hill?

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:48 PM

Whatever, you guys are all ugly!

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:52 PM
posted by justincredible

He didn't say that. He said it's racist, several times I believe. He's saying it's not a fact. Which is correct. Calling someone black is a fact. And not racist. Calling someone a black sob is not a fact and is racist. Just take the L, man.

You raise an interesting question.

Calling someone an SOB is generally considered to be an opinion.  However, some people definitely are SOB's.  In which case, calling someone a black SOB would actually be a statement of fact....and it then becomes not racist?

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 5:58 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

There’s no hope for you. 

I literally said that could be racist, as it is an opinion not fact. 

Maybe you have got to the point you are having trouble actually reading what I said.

I absolutely said calling someone that is probably racist depending on context.

My contention is that the statement is an opinion not a fact. They may or may not be a son of a bitch, so therefore it’s an opinion statement  not a factual one.

Hope that helps.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:00 PM
posted by justincredible

At this point he is in Spock and QO territory. 

Literally everyone is explaining to him how he is wrong and he is just doubling down on the stupidity.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:02 PM
posted by gut

You raise an interesting question.

Calling someone an SOB is generally considered to be an opinion.  However, some people definitely are SOB's.  In which case, calling someone a black SOB would actually be a statement of fact....and it then becomes not racist?

Unless someone is a son of an actual female dog I am not sure how calling someone a son of a bitch could ever be a factual statement.

Care to give me an example?

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:16 PM

Jmog—you are an insufferable human being. That’s a fact. Hope that helps. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:19 PM
posted by jmog

At this point he is in Spock and QO territory. 

Literally everyone is explaining to him how he is wrong and he is just doubling down on the stupidity.

Hey now.....keep.me.out of this.  Reading all of you argue about each others opinions on this makes all my posting activity look good.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Jmog—you are an insufferable human being. That’s a fact. Hope that helps. 

Judging people’s response to you in this thread, I think you may need to be looking in the mirror when you say that.

I guess once you finally realize you are wrong, because literally everyone is telling you that you are wrong, you resort to name calling like a 12 year old.

Kind of expected that I guess.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:35 PM
posted by Spock

Hey now.....keep.me.out of this.  Reading all of you argue about each others opinions on this makes all my posting activity look good.

There is a 0.1% chance of this being a fact...or is it 0.001% chance?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login