2020 Presidential Election thread

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 5:14 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Blah blah blah. I stand by what I said—those giving Biden shit for saying dumb shit completely ignore that Trump says equally dumb shit. Call it dementia, intelligence levels, whatever you want—but they’re both morons  

Also, I spend a lot of time around people with dementia, both within my family and clients at work. 

BS.  Biden not only says dumb, RACIST, shit all the time, he is also suffering from the onset of dementia.  He is totally incapable of handling the job.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 5:15 PM

Well you know that Biden had nothing to do with that pick.  

Something will happen at the DNC where she moves in to lead the ticket

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 5:15 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Wait, which guy is senile?

The President says the “1917 pandemic” ended the Second World War https://t.co/jSltuSYim2

Easy misstatement ...........get in the game

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 5:16 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Kamala Harris is Biden’s VP pick

BFD

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 5:26 PM
posted by QuakerOats

BFD

Lol, are you afraid?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 5:30 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Kamala Harris is Biden’s replacement when he becomes unfit

Fixed your post for you.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:15 PM
posted by Spock

Well you know that Biden had nothing to do with that pick.  

Something will happen at the DNC where she moves in to lead the ticket

Well as the convention is this week, I highly doubt that happens. 

Biden is not dropping out conspiracy heads. It is too late in the game for that to get a replacement on the ballot in states. 

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

BS.  Biden not only says dumb, RACIST, shit all the time, he is also suffering from the onset of dementia.  He is totally incapable of handling the job.

Ok Dr. Quacker. I didn't know you were his doctor. 

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:16 PM

Ehhh on Kamala. I was kinda hoping for Duckworth, but whatever. 

It may not help or hurt Biden in the end. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:17 PM

As I said before, Kamala is seriously fake and unlikable.  All Trump has to do is convince a small % of voters in a few key states that they're voting for Kamala.  It's guaranteed Trump is going to say in one of the debates "I really should be debating Kamala....".

And I'm not sure her record as a tough DA is going to excite the base, either.  While poll after poll shows most people, across all segments, don't want to "defund the police", Kamala is going to have to walk what I think is an impossible line.  She won't be a "tough on crime" asset - I think she's already apologized for that in the debates and she's only going to end-up distancing herself from that record further to placate the mob.

Then again, Trump knew Hillary.  Everyone knew her.  He was totally unprepared to attack Kamala today at his presser.  That's par for the course, but it's not going to work on Biden who's generally well-liked and respected.  And it won't work on Kamala because she's not that well known.  He's going to have to actually have specific attacks with merit.  And there's no evidence he's capable of that.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:21 PM

It may not help or hurt Biden in the end. 

Only if Biden can convince people he's fit to serve the full term.  If Trump can convince voters they're actually electing Kamala I think it's game over.
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:24 PM
posted by gut
Only if Biden can convince people he's fit to serve the full term.  If Trump can convince voters they're actually electing Kamala I think it's game over.

So far, Biden is it looks like. Polls have been steady since May. 

I kinda think this whole election is referendum on Trump. As long as Biden is just upright, people will vote for him. Trump's failures the last few months may be his undoing. 

gut Senior Member
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:32 PM

So far, Biden is it looks like. Polls have been steady since May. 

I kinda think this whole election is referendum on Trump. As long as Biden is just upright, people will vote for him. Trump's failures the last few months may be his undoing. 

Ehhh, Trump is basically right where he was in 2016 in polling in key swing states.  The riots are good for him.  Progress on a vaccine is good for him.

But I'll save you the headline if Trump does win "Racist America rejects angry black woman".

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 8:14 PM

It’ll be such a shitshow if Trump wins. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 9:18 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Lol standing up against racism. Love to see it. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 9:43 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

?

gut Senior Member
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 10:35 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It's going to be a shit show either way because Covid-19 and vote by mail are going to at least create the appearance of voting irregularities.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 11, 2020 10:45 PM
posted by Spock

?

I’m sure you want to have some argument about how great it’ll be if he wins but I’m going to pass. Fuck off. 

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 7:26 AM
posted by gut

Ehhh, Trump is basically right where he was in 2016 in polling in key swing states.  The riots are good for him.  Progress on a vaccine is good for him.

But I'll save you the headline if Trump does win "Racist America rejects angry black woman".

Yeah, but Trump is behind in every swing state he won in 2016. He would have to win every one of them again. It is not impossible, just would have to be another massive polling error in every single swing state. He also has to make sure Biden does not pull off another state like Arizona or Georgia. 

The five thirty eight forecast came out today and like in 2016, gives Trump a 29% chance of winning, acknowledging that Trump could still win, it would just take the same narrow path and luck he took in 2016. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 12, 2020 7:28 AM

It's going to be a shit show either way as either Trump or Biden will be elected.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login