2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2019 3:20 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I'd also say Mueller did not find anything that said nothing to see here move along...

Mueller is very specific and careful with his words.  "...if we had confidence Trump clearly did not commit a crime..." isn't any sort of legal standard or threshold.

That's a political hit-job.  The equivalent statement of "we don't have confidence Trump committed a crime" would have been a clear declination, but the former allows Dems and their media to infer/suggest whatever suits their agenda.

Mueller opens his presser with a reminder of a "presumption of innocence"....then proceeds to say he can't assume Trump is innocent.  Call a spade a spade - that's horseshit.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 30, 2019 3:41 PM
posted by gut

Well, most recent Presidents have been rocked by real scandals in their second term, despite the "cleanest" being the only one to actually be impeached.

What's different with Trump is that started before he even took office, and it turned out to be completely fabricated.

Every president has and will have something about him/her that is less than ideal.  That's because they're human.  I'm sure if my life were scrutinized in that way, I'd be knee deep in some scandal or other.  People who hate Trump will see him as always being guilty of whatever.  Just like people who hated Obama or Bush or Clinton always saw them as guilty of whatever.  Some are more steadfast about this than others.  

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2019 4:48 PM

I can't stand Trump. I think the only time I was willing to be "fair" to him was his speech in Poland, however long ago that was. 18+ months or so ago?
But I never really had *The Red Scare* that so many had. Even at that, it wouldn't have surprised me if it was found that he did collude. Admittedly it's because I wish he hadn't even made it to the office. Point being is that I would have accepted it. One could call that TDS I guess, loosely speaking. 

What we have with this Mueller thing is that people were wanting him to prove a negative?

cbus4life Ignorant
2,875 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2019 9:46 PM

Trump the biggest "snowflake" you'll ever find, had to have the name of the ship he was on covered because of John McCain. As with most current politicians, should be a disgrace and embarrassment to any American. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, May 30, 2019 9:54 PM
posted by cbus4life

Trump the biggest "snowflake" you'll ever find, had to have the name of the ship he was on covered because of John McCain. As with most currebt politicians, should be a disgrace and embarrassment to any American. 

https://twitter.com/chinfo/status/1133918353490403329  Is it really that hard to verify? 

gut Senior Member
Thu, May 30, 2019 10:21 PM
posted by like_that

https://twitter.com/chinfo/status/1133918353490403329  Is it really that hard to verify? 

But I think the point remains the same....

Fri, May 31, 2019 6:07 AM
posted by gut

But I think the point remains the same....

Trump is definitely easily butt hurt and his handling of McCain's death has been petty.  This story was proven to be false though. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2019 8:14 AM
posted by like_that

Trump is definitely easily butt hurt and his handling of McCain's death has been petty.  This story was proven to be false though. 

Ah the USS McCain story. I read that the other day and thought no fucking way is that true. If it was, that is really fucking bad. So, good to know the poor dude that is the CIO has tried to reset the story. I think what gave it life was the fact Megan McCain ran with it, and it was first reported by the WSJ. 

gut Senior Member
Fri, May 31, 2019 8:27 AM

Ah the USS McCain story. I read that the other day and thought no fucking way is that true. If it was, that is really fucking bad. So, good to know the poor dude that is the CIO has tried to reset the story. I think what gave it life was the fact Megan McCain ran with it, and it was first reported by the WSJ. 

I'm confused.  Is the entire story false, or just the part about Trump ordering it?  So some WH staffer didn't actually make the request worrying Trump might flip out?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2019 8:34 AM
posted by gut

I'm confused.  Is the entire story false, or just the part about Trump ordering it?  So some WH staffer didn't actually make the request worrying Trump might flip out?

The CIO is disputing most of the story, mainly that the White House ordered the Navy to hide name USS McCain. The Navy is saying the name was under a tarp due to maintenance/ repair. They also say the picture taken was not from the day in question, but the day before. 

Now, another Navy official did confirm some aspects of the story, mainly that some members of the White House staff did not want the President in pictures with the ship and informed the Navy of that. But, they dispute that the name was hidden on purpose on that day. Navy also disputes members of the McCain were barred from any events with the President. 

Sounds like the classic the Navy was trying to be careful and it got misunderstood by the media. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-official-who-directed-obscuring-uss-john-s-mccain-warship-was-well-meaning/2019/05/30/b9a6ae4a-82de-11e9-bce7-40b4105f7ca0_story.html?utm_term=.c0bbb58823a2

Fri, May 31, 2019 8:55 AM

That's just the low standards of modern day journalism.  Something false gets posted on twitter, it gets amplified and by the time it is fixed it is too late. The people who bang the drum on these type of stories never apologize or admit they are wrong either.  Hell, some of them never take down their tweets of their criticism. There really is no accountability. 

cbus4life Ignorant
2,875 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2019 3:27 PM

Ok, so this video seems to be confirming that the WH did ask that it be kept away during Trumps visit, which is pretty lame still.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6042875831001/#sp=show-clips

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 7, 2019 7:03 AM

In 3 days Biden flip flopped on a pretty big issue of the Hyde amendment (no federally funded abortions). 

Fri, Jun 7, 2019 8:57 AM
posted by iclfan2

In 3 days Biden flip flopped on a pretty big issue of the Hyde amendment (no federally funded abortions). 

He just proved himself to be unable to withstand whining vs his principles.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Jun 9, 2019 1:41 PM

I cant wait for Biden to debate the Dems.......he will sink faster than the Titanic.  

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 9, 2019 8:54 PM

Kirsten Gillibrand is such a goober.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1137583277676646401

Tue, Jun 11, 2019 6:23 AM
posted by justincredible

Kirsten Gillibrand is such a goober.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1137583277676646401

I would love to have her become the nominee and then lose. The howls and yowls of misogyny and sexism would be better theater than Broadway could ever pull off.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 11, 2019 10:49 AM

LOL

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Jun 11, 2019 10:56 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I would love to have her become the nominee and then lose. The howls and yowls of misogyny and sexism would be better theater than Broadway could ever pull off.

A women will be in the top 3 Dems with the 2 old white men.  The lefts hate groups and virtue signaling will eat each other alive with fems, SJW and racists coming out against each other.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jun 11, 2019 11:52 AM

I expect Warren and Kamala to do well in the debates, as well as Bootigieg.

Biden's dumbass-bully style would work well against Trump, but probably not the Democratic debates.  And if all the Bernie supporters even bother to watch the debate, what he says and how he performs won't matter to them.

I still think Corey Booker is a charismatic guy that could also make big moves after the debates.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login