2020 Presidential Election thread

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Feb 9, 2021 3:30 PM

The impeachment opening by the Dems was about 85% inaccurate in regards to historical facts.  

Unreal how they misrepresented and flat out lied about history.  

On the other side, the Trump guy is a terrible speaker.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 11:24 AM
posted by geeblock

Notice they couldn’t answer your question. What do you do when your party tries to overthrow the govt and kills 3 cops? “WHAT ABOUT BLM AND ANTIFA!! lol hilarious. 

Who tried to overthrow the government; who killed 3 cops? 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 11:29 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Who tried to overthrow the government; who killed 3 cops? 

Trump supporters? I mean they were yelling in support of Trump as they stormed in.....

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 2:51 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Trump supporters? I mean they were yelling in support of Trump as they stormed in.....

97% of the protestors were peaceful.

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 2:59 PM
posted by gut

97% of the protestors were peaceful.

Irrelevant as his supporters actually stormed the capital. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:10 PM

Irrelevant as his supporters actually stormed the capital. 

I would say it is pretty releveant based on the logic that was used the entire summer. 

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:14 PM
posted by like_that

I would say it is pretty releveant based on the logic that was used the entire summer. 

Well if we are using that logic...then yeah that 3% represents the whole of the protests and Trump supporters in general. 

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:23 PM

Well if we are using that logic...then yeah that 3% represents the whole of the protests and Trump supporters in general. 

As long as the same set of rules apply to everyone...

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:25 PM
posted by like_that

As long as the same set of rules apply to everyone...

Yeah sure. If that means all BLM supporters are bad then all Trump supporters are bad...if we want to follow that logic. 

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:34 PM

Yeah sure. If that means all BLM supporters are bad then all Trump supporters are bad...if we want to follow that logic. 

Agreed.  We need to throw Biden supporters in there too for being complicit of burying sexual assault allegations. 

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:48 PM
posted by like_that

Agreed.  We need to throw Biden supporters in there too for being complicit of burying sexual assault allegations. 

LOL. I see what you did there...

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:03 PM

At least the Chief Justice had enough sense to stay away from this unconstitutional farce.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:14 PM

I mean, it was a riot not a real coup or insurrection.  Just seems a little hypocritical to use such inflammatory rhetoric, while impeaching Trump for inflammatory rhetoric.

Had that been BLM, capitol police would have been ordered to stand down.

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:18 PM
posted by majorspark

At least the Chief Justice had enough sense to stay away from this unconstitutional farce.

Technically he couldn't because Trump is not THE current President. 

As for the question though, I think it is a valid legal aspect. If you think the President's term goes from 1/20 to 1/20, 4 years later then of course the President as they go out the door can be held to impeachment by the Congress during those last days.  All other aspects of the Presidency hold true, meaning they are Commander in Chief, can pardon people, can launch nuclear weapons etc. 

The President should be held accountable for any actions that occur during those last few moments. 

That all said. I think this Trump impeachment is a waste as it takes time away from moving forward. 

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:34 PM
posted by gut

I mean, it was a riot not a real coup or insurrection.  Just seems a little hypocritical to use such inflammatory rhetoric, while impeaching Trump for inflammatory rhetoric.

Had that been BLM, capitol police would have been ordered to stand down.

LOL. They were rioting for....to overturn the election results. Come on. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 6:52 PM

Their literal only defense at this point is bUt wHat aBouT lAsT sUmMer?

geeblock Member
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 6:55 PM

The Republican Party just gets more embarrassing every day. From the guy on tape calling it a staged hoax to Marjorie Taylor Greene. I would be embarrassed to say that’s my party at this point. Also before you go all AOC on me. I’m not a Democrat. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:02 PM

Technically he couldn't because Trump is not THE current President. 

By the same technicality Trump no longer holds civil office and the Senate has lost its authority to conduct a trial.  Just like the Chief Justice will not preside over a trial of someone who no longer holds the office of the Presidency.

Say the Senate holds the authority to conduct an impeachment trial of someone who no longer holds civil office.  If that office is the Presidency how does the Chief Justice not fulfill his obligation to preside over it?  This is not some circuit court judge.

Instead what you have is a circus where a rabid partisan juror presides over a show trial.  The office of the President and the impeachment process itself have suffered likely irreparable harm.  Its 3rd world shit.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:23 PM

LOL. They were rioting for....to overturn the election results. Come on. 

I never said they shouldn't be in jail, and probably some for a very long time.  But there's a definite double standard, which was somewhat already on display any time BLM went near a governor/mayor mansion.

Seriously though, 200 mostly disorganized mostly unarmed rioters isn't what I would call a coup attempt.

geeblock Member
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:41 PM
posted by gut

I never said they shouldn't be in jail, and probably some for a very long time.  But there's a definite double standard, which was somewhat already on display any time BLM went near a governor/mayor mansion.

Seriously though, 200 mostly disorganized mostly unarmed rioters isn't what I would call a coup attempt.

Maybe you should watch more footage. Check out the 5:00 minute mark 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login