2020 Presidential Election thread

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:32 AM
posted by geeblock

I condemned all rioting 500 times. It’s irrelevant tho imo  . Do we have to rehash those convos for the 50th time in order to discuss the capitol riots? Why does it always have to be “whatabout” if we discuss anything dealing with the right? 

My guess it is because you and many others are being extremely disingenuous when you condemn shit like this.  It's very hard to take seriously.  If you legitimately asked people how they felt about what happened at the Capitol, nobody here is going to be supportive of it.  At the same time, after seeing how you and others reacted to the BLM riots, they aren't going to dance like little monkeys when you ask them to condemn what happened at the Capitol.  This is why nobody will take you seriously, when you are defending a white cop.  

And (mostly) nobody here is buying what you'r selling regarding the bolded part of your post.  That whole protest/riot/police trash thread is full of "whatabout" from you.  Give me a fucking break, you're now pretending you care about what happened to a white cop after all the bullshit you have posted about cops?

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:39 AM
posted by like_that

My guess it is because you and many others are being extremely disingenuous when you condemn shit like this.  It's very hard to take seriously.  If you legitimately asked people how they felt about what happened at the Capitol, nobody here is going to be supportive of it.  At the same time, after seeing how you and others reacted to the BLM riots, they aren't going to dance like little monkeys when you ask them to condemn what happened at the Capitol.  This is why nobody will take you seriously, when you are defending a white cop.  

And (mostly) nobody here is buying what you'r selling regarding the bolded part of your post.  That whole protest/riot/police trash thread is full of "whatabout" from you.  Give me a fucking break, you're now pretending you care about what happened to a white cop after all the bullshit you have posted about cops?

I condemn bad police and hold them to a higher standard than criminals. Sorry if that’s bullshit. I condemn the riots more than most because it gives clowns like you ammo to dog whistle against a cause they didn’t agree with in the first place. Boot lockers like you only come out to support cops when it fits your narrative so miss me with that. Don’t worry the thin blue line will be back out on here soon when it involves an immigrant or poc.  

geeblock Member
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:41 AM

I never asked how people felt about the capitol riots. I just pointed out the inaccurate info and framing that came along with it 

Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:50 AM
posted by geeblock

I condemn bad police and hold them to a higher standard than criminals. Sorry if that’s bullshit. I condemn the riots more than most because it gives clowns like you ammo to dog whistle against a cause they didn’t agree with in the first place. Boot lockers like you only come out to support cops when it fits your narrative so miss me with that. Don’t worry the thin blue line will be back out on here soon when it involves an immigrant or poc.  

Lol, I am glad you picked up your buzz insults from twitter.  Do you even know what half of shit you posted even means?  You didn't condemn shit. You're only kidding yourself.  If you did, there were half ass attempts with "whatabout."   

As for me being a boot licker, I use logic.  I think most laws being enforced to place people in deadly situations are bullshit.  I also think cops currently enforcing covid "laws" are pieces of shit for enforcing unconstitutional bullshit.  

At the same time, when people do shit to get  killed by a cop, I also think they are dumb for playing with fire, because in the mass majority of cases they escalate it to that level.  It's really not that hard to think outside of your black/white world.

geeblock Member
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:54 AM
posted by like_that

Lol, I am glad you picked up your buzz insults from twitter.  Do you even know what half of shit you posted even means?  You didn't condemn shit, let's be real.   As for me being a boot licker, I use logic.  I think most laws being enforced to place people in deadly situations are bullshit.  I also think cops currently enforcing covid "laws" are pieces of shit for enforcing unconstitutional bullshit.  

At the same time, when people do shit to get  killed by a cop, I also think they are dumb for playing with fire.  It's really not that hard to think outside of your black/white world.

All this to change the subject from the right falling apart lol we have had this conversation 50 times. And u don’t get to create my narrative I condemned all rioting and violence. That is a whole other convo from how I feel about police and the social Justice system which is now where you have moved the goalpost because your party is now a laughing stock 

Fri, Feb 12, 2021 12:42 PM
posted by geeblock

All this to change the subject from the right falling apart lol we have had this conversation 50 times. And u don’t get to create my narrative I condemned all rioting and violence. That is a whole other convo from how I feel about police and the social Justice system which is now where you have moved the goalpost because your party is now a laughing stock 

Who is my party? Go on, tell me.

Also, I’m not creating “your” delusional narrative. I’m just stating facts.  Nobody is buying your bullshit that you condemned the riots. Even if you *did,* you just admitted a couple posts ago, that you only did it, so nobody could use it as a “dog whistle” against you in the future for something like the capitol riot.  This goes back to my point about you being disingenuous. 

Smh, at least try to hide your playbook.

geeblock Member
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 12:49 PM
posted by like_that

Who is my party? Go on, tell me.

Also, I’m not creating “your” delusional narrative. I’m just stating facts.  Nobody is buying your bullshit that you condemned the riots. Even if you *did,* you just admitted a couple posts ago, that you only did it, so nobody could use it as a “dog whistle” against you in the future for something like the capitol riot.  This goes back to my point about you being disingenuous. 

Smh, at least try to hide your playbook.

Cmon man why would I be for rioting and violence? That’s stupid. I am all about peaceful protests which I have said from the beginning. I didn’t say I “only” did it because of that. U just make up shit and pretend I said it and then further contend that because u don’t believe me that no one does. I really don’t care if you believe me or not. U claim to not have a party but go apeshit when I bang in the Republicans tho u don’t claim them I guess. Why do u even comment on my posts then? I don’t comment on yours but then again you don’t make any original posts or have original thoughts you are just a troll who plays semantics 

Fri, Feb 12, 2021 12:59 PM
posted by geeblock

Cmon man why would I be for rioting and violence? That’s stupid. I am all about peaceful protests which I have said from the beginning. I didn’t say I “only” did it because of that. U just make up shit and pretend I said it and then further contend that because u don’t believe me that no one does. I really don’t care if you believe me or not. U claim to not have a party but go apeshit when I bang in the Republicans tho u don’t claim them I guess. Why do u even comment on my posts then? I don’t comment on yours but then again you don’t make any original posts or have original thoughts you are just a troll who plays semantics 

You didn’t “only,” say it, but you admitted it was a motive. The 2nd half off your post is just word vomit and I don’t think you are saying what you think you are trying to say.  I am glad you and cc are responsible for educating our future generations.

geeblock Member
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 1:15 PM
posted by like_that

You didn’t “only,” say it, but you admitted it was a motive. The 2nd half off your post is just word vomit and I don’t think you are saying what you think you are trying to say.  I am glad you and cc are responsible for educating our future generations.

Just say you were wrong and your party has turned into a joke 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 2:37 PM

A couple of thoughts about this current discussion:

1.) Where I live, we actually would like to have more cops around. One of the local towns can't even afford to have its own phone line. You have to call 911 to get any service in an emergency if you live in that town. The drug problems are out of control, govt has effectively killed off the economy and adults can't even get a service industry type job anymore. So there's a lot of assaults, theft, etc.
So, while I don't make the police my pet project I actually do care about the cops and wish more people could feel safe in their own homes again. It's unfortunate what happened at the Capitol.

2.) Speaking of the Capitol, it really didn't bother me much as it might somebody else. I guess being desensitized to riots over the past year is the cause of that, but maybe I'm wrong. People are picking and choosing which federal building getting damaged outrages them. There is no moral high ground here. If you think there is, you're full of shit. 

3.) I'm glad that all of my education was completed well before critical theory, and likewise critical race theory, captured the educational system. It's done nothing but fuck up people's minds and perspectives. 
In a way, I can understand why all these millennials/GenZ that borrowed vast amounts of money to get that shit drilled into their brain now want a refund. Sucks to be them.

4.) More on the Capitol riot: I feel more sympathy for the cop that got killed than that moronic woman who was climbing up and continued to try to get through that window after she saw a handful of feds pointing a gun at her. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Grown ass adult and veteran doing that stupid shit. SMH

5.) Geeblock, you're full of shit. I am too, but I don't fall back on identity politics to do it. Stop that stupidass jackassery. Don't condemn something if you don't believe it just to satisfy others. Have the courage of your convictions, man. Nobody on this forum needs to like your opinions, thoughts or even you. But say what you mean and mean what you say. Grow up.

geeblock Member
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 2:40 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

1.) Where I live, we actually would like to have more cops around. One of the local towns can't even afford to have its own phone line. You have to call 911 to get any service in an emergency if you live in that town. The drug problems are out of control, govt has effectively killed off the economy and adults can't even get a service industry type job anymore. So there's a lot of assaults, theft, etc.
So, while I don't make the police my pet project I actually do care about the cops and wish more people could feel safe in their own homes again. It's unfortunate what happened at the Capitol.

2.) Speaking of the Capitol, it really didn't bother me much as it might somebody else. I guess being desensitized to riots over the past year is the cause of that, but maybe I'm wrong. People are picking and choosing which federal building getting damaged outrages them. There is no moral high ground here. If you think there is, you're full of shit. 

3.) I'm glad that all of my education was completed well before critical theory, and likewise critical race theory, captured the educational system. It's done nothing but fuck up people's minds and perspectives. 
In a way, I can understand why all these millennials/GenZ that borrowed vast amounts of money to get that shit drilled into their brain now want a refund. Sucks to be them.

4.) More on the Capitol riot: I feel more sympathy for the cop that got killed than that moronic woman who was climbing up and continued to try to get through that window after she saw a handful of feds pointing a gun at her. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Grown ass adult and veteran doing that stupid shit. SMH

5.) Geeblock, you're full of shit. I am too, but I don't fall back on identity politics to do it. Stop that stupidass jackassery. Don't condemn something if you don't believe it just to satisfy others. Have the courage of your convictions, man. Nobody on this forum needs to like your opinions, thoughts or even you. But say what you mean and mean what you say. Grow up.

Huh? There isn’t enough room to write every reason I condemn rioting 

You want more police around? That’s great. Understand your experience isn’t the same as everyone and your experiences with police aren’t the same as others. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. I said rioting bothers me 100 times and it doesn’t bother you. Do u think it’s because you are really de sensitized or maybe u can just connect more than the reason?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 2:57 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Ohhh someone has been reading some critical theory books. Good for you. I had a few classes back in the day about Critical Theory as well as other aspects of its impact on historical analysis. I don't know about your experience, but mine at Ohio State and Maryland was to question and dig into those theories, tear them apart and determine if at all they are applicable to the real world when it comes to policy making and history. The results are mixed and theories are fine, but they fall apart when it applies to the real world. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:06 PM

It was nice to see the fraudulent manufactured evidence presented by the House managers get exposed and crushed today.  Zero ethics; zero integrity; lie to the  death. 

Every time you think they can't go any lower; they go lower. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:14 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It was nice to see the fraudulent manufactured evidence presented by the House managers get exposed and crushed today.  Zero ethics; zero integrity; lie to the  death.

No surprise there.  Of course, the defense is glossing over plenty.  But it's a show trial, and the prosecution the Dems put on was just to chum the waters for their media.

I'm not sure where I stand on all this.  On the one hand, the POTUS should be held to a much higher standard of speech and rhetoric than rank and file members, perhaps even the Congressional minority & majority leaders.  Yet, at the end of the day you're ostensibly impeaching the POTUS over free speech.

Now, I believe he should be impeached for the many lies and distortions he's told about the election the past 6 months.  But THAT is a can of worms no politician wants to crack open.

Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:15 PM
posted by geeblock

Huh? There isn’t enough room to write every reason I condemn rioting 

You want more police around? That’s great. Understand your experience isn’t the same as everyone and your experiences with police aren’t the same as others. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. I said rioting bothers me 100 times and it doesn’t bother you. Do u think it’s because you are really de sensitized or maybe u can just connect more than the reason?

It's like you didn't read more than 3 sentences of what I said. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:18 PM
posted by gut

No surprise there.  Of course, the defense is glossing over plenty.  But it's a show trial, and the prosecution the Dems put on was just to chum the waters for their media.

I'm not sure where I stand on all this.  On the one hand, the POTUS should be held to a much higher standard of speech and rhetoric than rank and file members, perhaps even the Congressional minority & majority leaders.  Yet, at the end of the day you're ostensibly impeaching the POTUS over free speech.

Now, I believe he should be impeached for the many lies and distortions he's told about the election the past 6 months.  But THAT is a can of worms no politician wants to crack open.

I'm good with a censure motion from Congress and the Republican National Committee pretty muich distancing themselves from him. But, not sure that second one is happening. 

geeblock Member
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:19 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's like you didn't read more than 3 sentences of what I said. 

Well I have no idea what part u want me to reply to. I have never condemned anything to please anyone. 

I have always  given my opinion and stated why I feel that way. What part did I miss?
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:23 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Ohhh someone has been reading some critical theory books. Good for you. I had a few classes back in the day about Critical Theory as well as other aspects of its impact on historical analysis. I don't know about your experience, but mine at Ohio State and Maryland was to question and dig into those theories, tear them apart and determine if at all they are applicable to the real world when it comes to policy making and history. The results are mixed and theories are fine, but they fall apart when it applies to the real world. 

I've been bored out of my damn mind since I made the most logical decision to retire early during a pandemic that the govt is doing everything it can to make sure it never ends. Throw in a few surgeries and I've gained 17lbs. (because of not being able to move around like I normally would) and a bunch of knowledge. So, I've been reading and going down the rabbit holes of things that normally would be put on the back shelf. 
I think it helps to consider the world events that were happening when the people who built the framework of Theory did their work. I can't help but think of Ashley Wilkes when thinking about them.
It hasn't been just Theory and CRT. Did you take a good long look at what theorists have done to the Theory of Change? Leave it to sociologists to fuck up anything.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:27 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I'm good with a censure motion from Congress and the Republican National Committee pretty muich distancing themselves from him. But, not sure that second one is happening. 

Censure was probably the appropriate route that avoids the troublesome issues I raised.  And I think there's room within "censure" to distinguish that POTUS words matter more than, say, AOC or Maxine Waters.

Hoping there is some criminal conviction for something else that keeps him from running again.  But I don't think that's happening, either, because I think that's all been bullshit.  Only reasonable chance is to get him for something on taxes.  A lot of that might not prevent him lawfully from running, but the big one I think is a real possibility is bank fraud.  That's a felony, and inflating your assets on loan reviews is a pretty common practice in real estate.  Heck, that practice was pretty common on private home loans leading up to 2008.

Fri, Feb 12, 2021 3:37 PM

I don't think that, putting age aside, Trump has the balls to run again. He pissed off a lot of people by not pardoning Assange and Snowden. 

I think at this point even his most ardent supporters are just glad he's gone. Sort of.
The dems and NYTimes aren't ready to let him go. They had the worst example of abusive, co-dependent relationships with him.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login