2020 Presidential Election thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 9:27 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So on the heels of the dems wanting to go after the right for "muh domestic terrorism!" antifa proceeded to destroy the dem office in Portland yesterday.

except it was an anarchist group not antifa from what i read.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 10:54 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Also Brennan goes on MSNBC to say that libertarians must be targeted, too, along with white supremacists and domestic terrorists.
I wonder if he has Biden's ear.

He should be in jail for lying under oath to the congress.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 3:17 PM
posted by geeblock

except it was an anarchist group not antifa from what i read.

Technically I don't think Antifa should be considered a leftwing group, although I'm certain they do self-identify as liberal

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 4:18 PM
posted by gut

Technically I don't think Antifa should be considered a leftwing group, although I'm certain they do self-identify as liberal

Does it really matter what they're called?  Antifa seems more like a media construct. It's not like there's some central Antifa organization, is there?  So Antifa, anarchists. - what's the difference?

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 4:42 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Does it really matter what they're called?  Antifa seems more like a media construct. It's not like there's some central Antifa organization, is there?  So Antifa, anarchists. - what's the difference?

well, to simply call them the "alt left" could cause confusion among political perjoratives

But I think they're more than a media construct.  There's clearly some planning and organizing, and before Covid they're pretty much the only group who regularly wear masks.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 5:36 PM

I don't care what they are called nor their political lean, they are criminals. They should be arrested and if they resist, should leave the area with more holes than they showed up with.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 5:58 PM

Funny how it’s only an idea or a media construct (which is hilarious bc the media does all they can to not even talk about it) on one side. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 8:07 PM
posted by iclfan2

Funny how it’s only an idea or a media construct (which is hilarious bc the media does all they can to not even talk about it) on one side.

I wonder how much CNN ball-washing of Biden it will take my family to realize it's the original state run media.  Easy to get swept up in the Trump hate and be oblivious to the fact that the entire network is more partisan than Sean Hannity.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 8:15 PM
posted by iclfan2

I think the Dems and their media DO have a problem with Antifa and BLM.  It was a nice visual aid for identity politics and all the Trump hate, but I don't think they're just going to shut up and sit down just because Biden won the election.

You can't say it's because of Trump much longer, and it's a bad look for Biden and the Dems when this continues.  And everyone just saw they haven't lost their minds - we DO know what civil unrest and riots looks like and how they should be dealt with.  The big orange distraction is gone, and we can't just keep pretending these people don't exist like we did all summer long.  People will notice, and they'll notice when nothing is done about it.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 9:32 PM

To ignore the connection between the silent media/antifa/the democrats is just a way of making you look stupid.  

They are all in bed together

Thu, Jan 21, 2021 9:39 PM
posted by iclfan2

I don't mean that there aren't people there rioting and doing whatever else. I just mean that they're a bunch of lunatics and not part of some sort of entity called "Antifa". My original point on this was to a geeblock post where he was saying "these weren't Antifa, they were anarchists".  That's let me saying "they weren't dorks, they were geeks."

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 10:25 PM

I don't mean that there aren't people there rioting and doing whatever else. I just mean that they're a bunch of lunatics and not part of some sort of entity called "Antifa". My original point on this was to a geeblock post where he was saying "these weren't Antifa, they were anarchists".  That's let me saying "they weren't dorks, they were geeks."

No it was an actual group from what I read and they weren’t antifa. They have their own agenda. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:17 AM

It matters if you look at it from a counter terrorism point of view. The goals and tactics are different. It is like say the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah. Both radical terrorist organizations, but different. Same with right organizations like the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers. Same, but different. 

Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:22 AM
posted by Fletch

To ignore the connection between the silent media/antifa/the democrats is just a way of making you look stupid.  

They are all in bed together

Does that same logic apply to the QAnon/ Proud Boys/ Oathkeepers group and the Republicans or not? 

I don't think so, nor do I think your statement is accurate. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:28 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It matters if you look at it from a counter terrorism point of view. The goals and tactics are different. It is like say the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah. Both radical terrorist organizations, but different. Same with right organizations like the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers. Same, but different. 

Agreed, same but different. To be honest, never heard of Oathkeepers, may have to look up what those loons believe.

Fri, Jan 22, 2021 11:32 AM
posted by jmog

Agreed, same but different. To be honest, never heard of Oathkeepers, may have to look up what those loons believe.

Oh, it is a fun deep dive. I talked to my sister in law in the Army about them the other day. She mentioned they are all over military's bases and a great recruiter of former soldiers. She also said she has studied them in her insurgency class she took a year ago. They use classic insurgency tactics and language. Same goes to the 3%. They are also some loons. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Jan 27, 2021 11:13 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Does that same logic apply to the QAnon/ Proud Boys/ Oathkeepers group and the Republicans or not? 

I don't think so, nor do I think your statement is accurate. 

No it doesnt.  BLM and ANTIFA are being enabled and allowed to openly break the law, riot, burn down federal buildings and private property.  The media puts them on TV and gives them a platform to spew their hate and violence.

The proud boys and other right wing groups dont have the privilege of being protected by elected officials and the media.

Can you site one time that the "radical" right has taken over a city block for a "summer of love?"

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 2:32 PM
posted by Spock

No it doesnt.  BLM and ANTIFA are being enabled and allowed to openly break the law, riot, burn down federal buildings and private property.  The media puts them on TV and gives them a platform to spew their hate and violence.

The proud boys and other right wing groups dont have the privilege of being protected by elected officials and the media.

Can you site one time that the "radical" right has taken over a city block for a "summer of love?"

Didn't they just try to take the US Capitol this month? 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Great timing. Proud Boys leader turns out to be a rat. 

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 4:44 PM
posted by Automatik

Great timing. Proud Boys leader turns out to be a rat. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login