2020 Presidential Election thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 12:50 PM
posted by iclfan2

Idk where they planned it. Probly on social media. Conservatives don’t riot, some cunts did and no one supported it. Come back when ur ass calls out the blm rioters. Or antifa. And quit following Rex Chapman and Tariq Nasheed. 

Also, for Automatik, hilarious that y’all accept a weaponless white women being shot, but complain when violent blacks get shot. 

Lol, cunts who happened to be MAGA conservatives. Try not to go full CC with your rebuttals, dude. Funny how the dude who probably posted more against the BLM/Antifa riots than anyone else goes from 0 to butthurt in .5 seconds when people post against the MAGA Capitol takeover.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 12:55 PM

It's just flat out laziness. People, especially on this site, LOVE to lump everything together and judge based on that.

If you speak out about the Capitol riot you get lumped in with Antifa/BLM sympathizers. 

Protip: not everything is the same as everything else. One opinion on a specific matter does not default reflect a stance on something else. 

"Oh well you didn't care when a police station was entered and burnt down!"  lol wut....who fucking thinks like that? 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 12:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

So? There were attacks all summer on shit. You care now? A fucking police station got taken over. Free speech is free speech. If you pick and choose the side you like it is no longer free.

Did they plan it on social media? 

Also slow down man. Wasn’t u the one who said conservatives don’t riot and that they would just put their heads down and go to work if trump lost? 🤡 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 12:59 PM
posted by Heretic

Lol, cunts who happened to be MAGA conservatives. Try not to go full CC with your rebuttals, dude. Funny how the dude who probably posted more against the BLM/Antifa riots than anyone else goes from 0 to butthurt in .5 seconds when people post against the MAGA Capitol takeover.

I mean I hate the people that took over the capital. It’s embarrassing and gives the left rebuttals to their bullshit. The difference is the media and left loved (still love?) blm and Antifa at first. In case you forgot they related them to WWII soldiers and a guy literally stood in front of a burning building and said it was mostly peaceful.

I’ve been consistent in stating anyone protesting is a giant fuck. Especially supporting people who got killed bc they were fucks. 

geeblock Member
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:03 PM
posted by iclfan2

Idk where they planned it. Probly on social media. Conservatives don’t riot, some cunts did and no one supported it. Come back when ur ass calls out the blm rioters. Or antifa. And quit following Rex Chapman and Tariq Nasheed. 

Also, for Automatik, hilarious that y’all accept a weaponless white women being shot, but complain when violent blacks get shot. 

Lol violent blacks. I condemn blm violence a ton. Pay attention. There were over 1000 protests mostly peaceful. Maybe the protests turned violent because the police were weaponeized against its own citizens instead of showing the same restraint they showed people trying to subvert democ

geeblock Member
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:04 PM

I love how you can’t say blm without saying antifa 🤡 shows your tru colors 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:05 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol violent blacks. I condemn blm violence a ton. Pay attention. There were over 1000 protests mostly peaceful. Maybe the protests turned violent because the police were weaponeized against its own citizens instead of showing the same restraint they showed people trying to subvert democ

Lol they let those Fucks loot every store that existed. You live in a fantasy world. I knew you’d like that Biden and idiot athletes said “if they were black just imagine”. We don’t have to imagine. We all saw it all summer. Cops did nothing. 

geeblock Member
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:07 PM
posted by Heretic

Yes 

geeblock Member
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:07 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol they let those Fucks loot every store that existed. You live in a fantasy world. I knew you’d like that Biden and idiot athletes said “if they were black just imagine”. We don’t have to imagine. We all saw it all summer. Cops did nothing. 

Lol ok 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:12 PM

posted by Automatik

It's just flat out laziness. People, especially on this site, LOVE to lump everything together and judge based on that.

If you speak out about the Capitol riot you get lumped in with Antifa/BLM sympathizers. 

Protip: not everything is the same as everything else. One opinion on a specific matter does not default reflect a stance on something else. 

"Oh well you didn't care when a police station was entered and burnt down!"  lol wut....who fucking thinks like that? 

My favorite is the "how can you speak against this; how much have you spoken out against that?!??!" faux-argument that basically is saying that you can't have an opinion against one side unless you've made enough comments against the other side to meet everyone's approval. Especially since the people who make that argument tend to lean pretty strongly to one side and put WAY more energy into bashing/criticizing the other side than their own.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:13 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/twitter-trending-hang-mike-pence

These Republicans that are protecting Twitter are all going down.  We are living in a fascist media environment.  Non of these conservatives are safe.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:26 PM

I think the points being made here are changing a lot of minds.  It's been a joy to see. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 1:56 PM
posted by like_that

I get this is your attempt to troll me with a mic drop comment about my free market beliefs, but I have been down this path before on this discussion here, and I already said a private business has the right to do whatever they want.  It still doesn't make it right what they are doing.  You can believe both at the same time,  you get that right?  It's no different than any other business doing something that you do not approve of.   I am not shocked this would be your take though.  You have proven time and time again you are nowhere as principled as you pretend to be. 

Also, this isn't even about Trump.  Idgaf about Trump, it's about who else and what else they will be censored and about people actually being ok with this.  The slippery slope is not about what they are doing, the slippery slope is that people like you are celebrating shit like this, while pretending to hold the moral high ground and remaining principled.  

Edit: I stand by my original point.  Anybody who cried about "fascism" the last 4 years, were just projecting.  They never gave a fuck about fascism. 

Oh I get the difference. The problem is you try and use some moral right and wrong on what is the right thing a company can do. How is that determined? You have your right and wrong, but obviously Twitter has its own version. You try and use some moral slippery slope, but your slope only applies to your whatever definition of censorship, which seems overly broad. No one is censoring anyone. You are not using the term correctly as usual. 

I'm not celebrating it at all actually. It is one company doing what they want. If this was a wide decree from the government using their heavy hand to silence critics...I would join you in saying holy shit this is censure. But, as it is one company, you are just crying wolf. 

Also, anyone that used terms like fascism the last four years should not be really taken seriously. 

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:10 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Oh I get the difference. The problem is you try and use some moral right and wrong on what is the right thing a company can do. How is that determined? You have your right and wrong, but obviously Twitter has its own version. You try and use some moral slippery slope, but your slope only applies to your whatever definition of censorship, which seems overly broad. No one is censoring anyone. You are not using the term correctly as usual. 

I'm not celebrating it at all actually. It is one company doing what they want. If this was a wide decree from the government using their heavy hand to silence critics...I would join you in saying holy shit this is censure. But, as it is one company, you are just crying wolf. 

Also, anyone that used terms like fascism the last four years should not be really taken seriously. 

its also a company protected by government regulations.  When you have that, you wave your rights to violate the 1st ammendment as far as I am concerned

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:33 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Now, I fully admit that Twitter does seem to apply a double standard on their flagging of posts. But, as a private company, they have every right to do that. Their slogan about being a public free speech place is suspect, but again, they are a private company and can do what they want without interference from the feds to force them to do things. 

Do they have the right to do so but claim they do not? If so, I don't believe that some legislation in that regard would run afoul of the 1st.

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 3:00 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/09/mitch-mcconnell-circulates-impeachment-procedures-wouldnt-begin-trumps-term-ends/

Impeachment after he leaves?  Man oh man are the republicans scared of this man.  I think for the general population of Americans, when one person has turned DC into a quivering bunch of pussies is a good thing.  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 3:01 PM

I don't think it will happen, but the reasoning could be:

Can't run in 2024, loses secret service benefits and 1mil/year travel allowance. 

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 3:08 PM

I doubt he would take the million......if he did I could see him giving it to charity and he likely already had private security.  

The whole 2024 thing is their angle for sure.  He is going independent and the republicans are scared shitless because they will NEVER win any election ever again.

The Dems are overplaying their hand.  They should want him out there running in 24 for that fact.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 4:45 PM

What do you all think would have happened if a protestor were killed by police at a BLM or Antifa riot?  How many BILLIONS in property damage nationwide do you think the total would be?

Unrelated, how bizarre is it that 3 other people died of natural causes during this - stroke, heart attack and undisclosed.  Obviously this group was a little older and out-of-shape.

And our soon to be new VP had the audacity to pretend the Capitol rioters got special treatment.  This has been going on for years.  The rhetoric from the left is just as divisive, inflammatory and dangerous as what Trump has been doing.  The only difference is a liberal media lends truth to that bullshit.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 9, 2021 4:47 PM
posted by Spock

He is going independent and the republicans are scared shitless because they will NEVER win any election ever again.

The Dems are overplaying their hand.  They should want him out there running in 24 for that fact.

First off, you appear to contradict yourself there.

Second, you seem pretty pleased over the prospect of Trump destroying the Repubs and handing the Dems all 3 branches for years.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login