2020 Presidential Election thread

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 6:25 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

That's because they evacuated all the House and Senate...

I do wonder did you think the same of any other protest over the summer? 

I'd ventilate all of those assholes in Seattle, and the same for those today.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 6:26 PM

For arguments sake, fine let's lump every single BLM protest in the violent camp, including the thousands that were peaceful over the summer. I'm good with that. 

Either way, the actions of these idiots today is fucking awful.

Again, I agree. Idgaf what happens to any of them. Arrest them, beat them, whatever. I didn’t say all BLM was violent, you said they did nothing, which wasn’t true. Which is why you get the sarcastic comments of 93% peaceful, as if that makes up for the bullshit. I know it’s media and twitter driven, and normal Americans think they’re all fucked up, but here we are. The current VP-elect (and a bunch of celebrities) donated money to a fund to bail people out of jail, in case you forgot. Some would call that condoning it. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 6:27 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I'd ventilate all of those assholes in Seattle, and the same for those today.

That is the correct answer. 

But if you believe the false narrative of cops hunting black people, then your actions are justified.  If you believe the false narrative that the election was stolen, then you're a moron who deserves what you get.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 7:24 PM

I’m pretty upset how security was unprepared for an event like this. 

It’s a global embarrassment. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 8:13 PM

We had to change hotels. NBC had us in the Hyatt on Capitol Hill, moved us to the Westin in National Harbor. Kinda wish they didn’t, I had a decent view!

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 8:44 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Storming the Capitol is peaceful? Lol k. 

You remember what happened at the BLM matter protests in Columbus to the State Capital building? 

Both are terrible but it is not one sided. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 8:50 PM
posted by sportchampps

You remember what happened at the BLM matter protests in Columbus to the State Capital building? 

Both are terrible but it is not one sided. 

Both are terrible and should be met with all of the force the authorities can muster.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 10:14 PM

Women who got shot attempted to go through the side window of a barricaded door wearing a backpack. 

I have zero sympathy.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 10:39 PM
posted by Automatik

Women who got shot attempted to go through the side window of a barricaded door wearing a backpack. 

I have zero sympathy.

Do I feel bad for her, no. Would you be outraged if it was some douche stealing  something from a store? Yes. Hypocrite 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 10:48 PM

Did you just ask me a question, answer it for me, then call me hypocrite? 

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 6, 2021 10:50 PM

I think the entire Republican Party is responsible for this now. This was a quote from one Republican shortly after the election. It as proven way wrong.  They have allowed Trump and his fucking idiots to go this far. 

I hope the reporters who got that quote shove that it in his or her face for a follow-up

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 12:26 AM
posted by Devils Advocate

And that would make you more retarded than they are ( assuming that’s possible) if you think that setting a couple of trash cans on fire or breaking some windows is comparable to an insurgent overtaking of the the capitol .

If you believe the riots were just a few trash cans or windows then you should really stop posting as you make Spock look smart.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 12:28 AM
posted by Rotinaj

The fuck it doesn’t work. Just because I don’t agree with the riots that came from some of the BLM protests doesnt mean I can’t at least see where the anger is coming from. The anger from these morons in DC is coming from straight stupidity. If you think these 2 things are exactly the same then I don’t know what else to tell ya man. 

All it shows is that you’re admitting which side you are biased on. Just like Spock and QO does on a daily basis. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 12:35 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Both are terrible and should be met with all of the force the authorities can muster.

agreed 100%, ptown and Devil’s don’t seem to agree..

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 5:36 AM

The pearl clutching from one side is hilarious.  I don't know why anyone living in reality would be shocked.  Ever heard of the domino effect?  It's been in play the last 4 years, hell it's been in play for the last two decades.   The people acting appalled to these events, but going thru mental gymnastics by downplaying the shit that happened this summer (amongst many other events the last 4 years) can fuck off.  It shows you only get your news from one side of the source and you're not being honest with yourself.  

I am with QCB, for all the events mentioned, I wouldn't care if they were all shot. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 7:02 AM
posted by jmog

agreed 100%, ptown and Devil’s don’t seem to agree..

Nope. You just misconstrue what I stated. Antifa, the violent part of BLM and these idiots are one in the same. I focus on the violent actors in each group. 

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 7:05 AM
posted by like_that

The pearl clutching from one side is hilarious.  I don't know why anyone living in reality would be shocked.  Ever heard of the domino effect?  It's been in play the last 4 years, hell it's been in play for the last two decades.   The people acting appalled to these events, but going thru mental gymnastics by downplaying the shit that happened this summer (amongst many other events the last 4 years) can fuck off.  It shows you only get your news from one side of the source and you're not being honest with yourself.  

I am with QCB, for all the events mentioned, I wouldn't care if they were all shot. 

I would agree with that in some sense. We have seen this since the left wing actions in the 70s, the terrorism acts in the 80s, the right wing movement in the 90s, international terrorism in the early 2000s, and to today. 

I think the actions in Charlottesville and how that played out accelerated it.

First thing I said yesterday was this was so fucking predictable if you had listened to the President and his supporters. 

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 7:07 AM

Good to see they certified the results last night and that the President at least acknowledged he will transition to Biden on the 20th. 

I do have to wonder with some of the speculation about mass resignations, are we reaching Nixon 1973 end of his term yet?   

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 7:33 AM

I would agree with that in some sense. We have seen this since the left wing actions in the 70s, the terrorism acts in the 80s, the right wing movement in the 90s, international terrorism in the early 2000s, and to today. 

I think the actions in Charlottesville and how that played out accelerated it.

First thing I said yesterday was this was so fucking predictable if you had listened to the President and his supporters. 

Its all the events leading up to it. Both sides have been escalating it and no doubt it will get worse.  I see a lot of people right now proving they aren’t principled and that includes this site.  Until everyone wants to play with the same set of simple rules, this type of shit will keep repeating itself.

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 8:03 AM
posted by like_that

Its all the events leading up to it. Both sides have been escalating it and no doubt it will get worse.  I see a lot of people right now proving they aren’t principled and that includes this site.  Until everyone wants to play with the same set of simple rules, this type of shit will keep repeating itself.

Yeah, I'm willing to state that Antifa is fucking awful, that the national organizers of BLM are awful and spread hate, and that the people that support Trump, his crazy shit now at his rallies like yesterday that spread hate are all the same. 

The far right is equal to the far left. Both incite hate and violence.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login