2020 Presidential Election thread

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 11:41 AM
posted by jmog

The left calling people racist, homophobic, etc to anyone that doesn’t think just like them is EXACTLY why this asshole got elected and they don’t see that they are doing it again. 

Largely true. Having one of the worst human beings on the planet as an opponent didn't hurt.
sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 11:54 AM

Trump is the first President to openly support gay marriage before being elected. He actually did something about prison reform. (More needs to be done but he’s working on it) The economy under him had the lowest unemployment rate for African Americans ever.  He gave money to hbcu that desperately needed it. He’s made great progress on opportunity zones. 

If you open minded you have to admit his Presidency has helped African Americans even Van Jones had admitted so on CNN. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 12:34 PM
posted by Al Bundy
You have no evidence that he is a terrible leader 

Did you miss the last 8 months?

I'm pretty sure those are part of that 4D chess that CC's always going on about where he's gonna trick the 'Rona to disappear by pretending it doesn't actually exist.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 7:06 AM

At the end of today, I'm still wondering if JoMala will beat Bush in this senate race!

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 9:52 AM

Long post incoming. Several things I want to say that's all over the place, but I'll try to keep them categorized.

1.) "muh Trump's racism!"  Citations please. What was actually said or done as far as policy that was racist. 

***Off the top of my head, it IS arguable that the misnomered "muslim ban" is racist.***

Other than that, I'm not sure what he said or EO'd into policy that was racist.
If you're going to try to critical theorize the false definition of racism, shut the fuck up in advance. 
One more time for those in the back - If you're going to use the critical theory version of the definition of racism, SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

2.) What Joe Biden has said and done (policy) is exponentially more racist than whatever Trump has said or done (policy). Citations are all throughout this thread, all over youtube, twitter, facebook, MSNBC/CBS/NBC/CNN/FOX/Slate/Vox/Buzzfeed/Breitbart/etc.
If you're going to accuse Trump of racism and using that as an excuse to vote for Biden shut the fuck up. One more time for those in the back, SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. 

3.) Same as number two, only replace racism with misogyny.

4.) Same as number two and three, only replace racism and misogyny with assault (pick any type of assault).

5.) It feels good to be the asshole, sometimes. Raise your hand if you claim to have never been an asshole on this site and then shut the fuck up.

6.) Be honest and just admit that whoever you vote for (if you haven't already) is basically going to be you holding your nose and pulling the lever for whoever you feel is the most likeable of two evils, the same way it's been for 30+ years. Unless you write in somebody not from the twin powers of republican/democrat. We've reached the point where whatever type of "charisma" is more tolerable to you edges out not only policy but reality.

7.) Proof of number 6 is that for those who will not vote 3rd party, you're choices are Trump and JoMala. 

8.) Thanks for reading the most unfriendly Ted Talk!

9.) For your viewing pleasure, I present to you Jimmy Dore:

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 10:12 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

At the end of today, I'm still wondering if JoMala will beat Bush in this senate race!

I saw that the other day when Biden mentioned "George" as the person we can't have 4 more years of, as in George Bush.

His wife sitting next to him wanted to correct him, you could see it in her face, in the fact that her mouth started to move, etc. Just like most "all there" adult caretakers try to do with their patients.

It reminds me of the last time I got to golf with my grandpa, who died 2 years ago from dementia. The summer before he was pretty much like Joe, able to go out, do things, etc but "not all there". 

He was in the cart with me, my son and dad were in the other cart.

After the first hole I couldn't remember if he got a 5 or a 6 on the par 4 so I asked him "grandpa, did you get a 5 or a 6?"

He laughed and said "Jason, I couldn't tell you if I got a 4 or a 10. You drive me up to my ball and I hit it towards the green."

Joe doesn't know if he is running for Senate or POTUS and doesn't know if Trump or Bush is currently president. His mind jumps back about 12 years when it was still perfectly "clear" and he was in the Senate and Bush was the POTUS. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 11:45 AM

....... Add to that, Comma La Harris doesn't know where she is either - Jesus Christ:

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 1:46 PM
posted by jmog

I have spent 20 years in the combustion research and energy industry. So yes, I do know what I am talking about with regards to this.

I know you hate to admit it, but it is ok to admit when you are wrong.

Oh good for you. You are partially right. Yes, it is partially political with little to no new nuclear power plans. The Nuclear Regulatory Agency is very old school in their thinking and that makes part of the cost of constructing the plants pretty high. The other aspect is it is really expensive on an up front cost to construct these projects. For the large construction firms, getting the funding to start and follow through has been a challenge. These plants runs in the billions and fewer and fewer firms are able to really construct these plants in the US without losing their shirts.  The profit margins are slim to almost zero. 

That is without the whole we have no idea where to store the waste political football question. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 1:48 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Oh good for you. You are partially right. Yes, it is partially political with little to no new nuclear power plans. The Nuclear Regulatory Agency is very old school in their thinking and that makes part of the cost of constructing the plants pretty high. The other aspect is it is really expensive on an up front cost to construct these projects. For the large construction firms, getting the funding to start and follow through has been a challenge. These plants runs in the billions and fewer and fewer firms are able to really construct these plants in the US without losing their shirts.  The profit margins are slim to almost zero. 

That is without the whole we have no idea where to store the waste political football question. 

You had a valid point until your last sentence.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 1:49 PM
posted by jmog

I saw that the other day when Biden mentioned "George" as the person we can't have 4 more years of, as in George Bush.

His wife sitting next to him wanted to correct him, you could see it in her face, in the fact that her mouth started to move, etc. Just like most "all there" adult caretakers try to do with their patients.

It reminds me of the last time I got to golf with my grandpa, who died 2 years ago from dementia. The summer before he was pretty much like Joe, able to go out, do things, etc but "not all there". 

He was in the cart with me, my son and dad were in the other cart.

After the first hole I couldn't remember if he got a 5 or a 6 on the par 4 so I asked him "grandpa, did you get a 5 or a 6?"

He laughed and said "Jason, I couldn't tell you if I got a 4 or a 10. You drive me up to my ball and I hit it towards the green."

Joe doesn't know if he is running for Senate or POTUS and doesn't know if Trump or Bush is currently president. His mind jumps back about 12 years when it was still perfectly "clear" and he was in the Senate and Bush was the POTUS. 

Sorry for your grandpa. That is tough. 

However....just because you saw one clip that is what, 10 seconds....you think that overrides all the other interviews and debates he has done over the last few months to say he has dementia? Is it possible he was not talking about Bush but maybe the host George Lopez? But whatever Dr. jmog. 

I asked last week where the crazy dementia talk went. There it is! Thanks for bringing it back. You guys mention TDS, but I feel like this board is on Biden dementia watch. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 1:56 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Sorry for your grandpa. That is tough. 

However....just because you saw one clip that is what, 10 seconds....you think that overrides all the other interviewers and debates he has done over the last few months to say he has dementia? Is it possible he was not talking about Bush but maybe the host George Lopez? But whatever Dr. jmog. 

I asked last week where the crazy dementia talk went. There it is! Thanks for bringing it back. You guys mention TDS, but I feel like this board is on Biden dementia watch. 

I hope your Lopez question was a joke, because that would be worse than thinking George Bush is still POTUS.

I don't know if Ohiochatter will be around in 4 years for the next go around about this, but I would be willing to place a bet, travel to whatever town you live in, and buy you dinner if Biden is still POTUS at the end of 4 years and isn't removed for either the "25th" or steps down due to "health concerns". With the whole body of evidence sinde the primaries, these aren't just "gaffes" anymore they are complete lapse in memories.

Would you be willing to bet that he would still be in office in 4 years?

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 2:25 PM

Oh hey Ptown, since you're around again, perhaps you missed a prior question that I had asked specifically for you?

It was along the lines of, why do you think that the media/democrat approach was different between the Steel Dossier and the Hunter Biden laptop?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 2:32 PM
posted by jmog

I hope your Lopez question was a joke, because that would be worse than thinking George Bush is still POTUS.

I don't know if Ohiochatter will be around in 4 years for the next go around about this, but I would be willing to place a bet, travel to whatever town you live in, and buy you dinner if Biden is still POTUS at the end of 4 years and isn't removed for either the "25th" or steps down due to "health concerns". With the whole body of evidence sinde the primaries, these aren't just "gaffes" anymore they are complete lapse in memories.

Would you be willing to bet that he would still be in office in 4 years?

Chances are VERY slim.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 3:13 PM

http://primarymodel.com/

Tue, Oct 27, 2020 11:34 AM

Unintentional hilarity. Apparently the 22nd Amendment doesn't exist.

Tue, Oct 27, 2020 11:46 AM

Interesting viewpoint!

Tue, Oct 27, 2020 12:19 PM

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 1:45 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Interesting viewpoint!

The left is really pushing this narrative.....so that if Trump wins, he must have stolen the election and needs investigated and impeached!!!!!!

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 1:54 PM
posted by gut

The left is really pushing this narrative.....so that if Trump wins, he must have stolen the election and needs investigated and impeached!!!!!!

Precisely, which will then 'justify' the demonstrating and rioting now being planned.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 3:36 PM

But if he loses, it’s rigged. Ammirite?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login