1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:19 PM

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1319747750498586630?s=21

Def the least racist person you know 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:26 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I’m saying that’s why it’s not popular. That’s why you don’t see companies banging down the door to build nuclear power plants. It’s very costly to get rid of radioactive waste. It’s very costly to maintain nuclear equipment. something first energy has found out and has done a terrible job at and why they needed a bailout. It’s pretty simple to understand what I meant  

Again false.

Nuclear power, when considering operating and depreciated capital costs, are cheaper to run than fossil fuel power plants on a per kWh basis.

Nuclear plants aren’t built more for political reasons.

It’s the one thing the French government got/gets right.  

They are being built in every country that the politicians will allow it.

They are still being built, and often in said countries.

Do a little googling before replying maybe?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_by_country

geeblock Member
jmog Senior Member
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:32 PM

According to the wiki link above there are 54 new nuclear power plants currently being built around the world. That will be an 11% increase over how many currently exist.

Care to keep saying that “no one is banging down the door to build nuclear plants” or “too expensive”?

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:34 PM
posted by jmog

According to the wiki link above there are 54 new nuclear power plants currently being built around the world. That will be an 11% increase over how many currently exist.

Care to keep saying that “no one is banging down the door to build nuclear plants” or “too expensive”?

But if I'm not mistaken, nuclear power as a % of total power consumption has been flat or down slightly from 20 years ago.
kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:36 PM

Sounds good man. We’re so lucky to have someone who knows everything about everything on this board. Someone so absolute in their knowledge too, that they can refute any point made bc they’re the resident expert. So lucky.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:44 PM
posted by gut
But if I'm not mistaken, nuclear power as a % of total power consumption has been flat or down slightly from 20 years ago.

It has been in the US for sure. New nuclear plants go up but so does power usage so percentage doesn’t change.  It’s not being built in the US for political reasons faster, look at France though. 70% of their energy comes from nuclear.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:46 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Sounds good man. We’re so lucky to have someone who knows everything about everything on this board. Someone so absolute in their knowledge too, that they can refute any point made bc they’re the resident expert. So lucky.

I have spent 20 years in the combustion research and energy industry. So yes, I do know what I am talking about with regards to this.

I know you hate to admit it, but it is ok to admit when you are wrong.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 24, 2020 12:00 PM
posted by geeblock

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1319747750498586630?s=21

Def the least racist person you know 

Definitely.

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Oct 24, 2020 3:26 PM

So saying the full name of President Obama is now racist?

Come on geeblock, you’re smarter than that.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 24, 2020 5:39 PM
posted by jmog

Depends on context and how much benefit of the doubt re: context we're giving Mr. Birther Movement. I can remember 2008 JJs when all the older conservatives were typing his name with HUSSEIN in all caps like the dipshit drones most of those guys were in an attempt to play along with that whole "he done ain't one of us; he's one of them Mooslim guys who don't like our country" shit the Birthers were trying.

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 24, 2020 6:54 PM

A birther using Barack Hussein Obama hmmm now why would he do that? I'm sure there was no reason! 

geeblock Member
Sat, Oct 24, 2020 7:33 PM
posted by jmog

Jmog has turned into the number 3 trump supporter outside of Spock and Qo .. it’s great to see 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 12:28 AM
posted by geeblock

Jmog has turned into the number 3 trump supporter outside of Spock and Qo .. it’s great to see 

I can’t stand Trump, only thing I detest more than him is Bull shit, which I see a lot from those on this site with TDS.

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 6:23 AM
posted by jmog

I can’t stand Trump, only thing I detest more than him is Bull shit, which I see a lot from those on this site with TDS.

Donald Trump is a shitty person and TERRIBLE leader. If pointing these things out over and over again when it comes to the President of the United States labels that person as someone with TDS then that's a bit crazy. Do some people go way overboard? Absolutely. I don't feel anyone on here does though. 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 7:44 AM
posted by Rotinaj

Donald Trump is a shitty person and TERRIBLE leader. If pointing these things out over and over again when it comes to the President of the United States labels that person as someone with TDS then that's a bit crazy. Do some people go way overboard? Absolutely. I don't feel anyone on here does though. 

Find where I came down on anyone for calling him a shitty person.

Calling people out for their BS about him being racist just because they don’t like him and they take things he says out of context or watches cut up video clips, etc is not defending him is pointing out their ignorance.

The left calling people racist, homophobic, etc to anyone that doesn’t think just like them is EXACTLY why this asshole got elected and they don’t see that they are doing it again. 

He didn’t get elected because people love him, he got elected because the left drove the middle road voters to him by their rhetoric and name calling.

If everyone is racist, then no one really is.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 7:49 AM
posted by Rotinaj

This kind of post troubles me. The average person is not affected by who the president is.  They are a 1,000 miles away.  You have no evidence that he is a terrible leader but you say it anyways.  

Actually as a politician, he must be a good leader cause he gets shit done.  He demands actions and obviously gets them.  Unlike Biden who is just an influence peddler.  He has gotten nothing done in 47 years.  

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 9:14 AM
posted by jmog

Find where I came down on anyone for calling him a shitty person.

Calling people out for their BS about him being racist just because they don’t like him and they take things he says out of context or watches cut up video clips, etc is not defending him is pointing out their ignorance.

The left calling people racist, homophobic, etc to anyone that doesn’t think just like them is EXACTLY why this asshole got elected and they don’t see that they are doing it again. 

He didn’t get elected because people love him, he got elected because the left drove the middle road voters to him by their rhetoric and name calling.

If everyone is racist, then no one really is.

What if people say he's racist because he's racist

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 9:30 AM
posted by Spock
You have no evidence that he is a terrible leader 

Did you miss the last 8 months?
jmog Senior Member
Sun, Oct 25, 2020 10:41 AM
posted by Fab4Runner

What if people say he's racist because he's racist

I would ask for direct evidence. Actual quotes not chopped up out of context like the Charlottesville and Mexicans are rapists quotes. I would ask for actual policies he has instituted that shows he is vs those that point as evidence that he is not.

Anyone who doesn’t have TDS could admit that if you go with actual factual things said, Biden has said far more racist things than Trump has but I bet you don’t care about that do you?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login