2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 3:49 PM
posted by Automatik

But if he loses, it’s rigged. Ammirite?

Correct.  Ballot harvesting and fraud by mail.  :)

Also, it will be hilarious if the mail-in-voting in some states for Repubs is accurate.  It would be interesting to see how Dems views shift with respect to mail-in-voting and early voting if those numbers favor Repubs in key swing states.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 3:50 PM
posted by Automatik

But if he loses, it’s rigged. Ammirite?

Of course. If he wins, there will be completely unjustified riots and shit because the damn lefties can't accept the truth; if he loses, well it was rigged and the damn lefties cheated their way past Jesus II so they wouldn't have to accept the truth.

QoAnon is the right-wing version of the most hysterical progressives when it comes to political takes.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 3:56 PM
posted by Heretic

Of course. If he wins, there will be completely unjustified riots and shit because the damn lefties can't accept the truth; if he loses, well it was rigged and the damn lefties cheated their way past Jesus II so they wouldn't have to accept the truth.

I wonder what the odds are the election comes down to a few thousand votes in PA, and whichever side loses will claim massive fraud?  Both sides have been setting up that argument for months.  Which, again, supports my claim that what really pisses the lefties off about Trump is he campaigns and plays politics dirty just like they do (and, in some cases, better).
gut Senior Member
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 4:24 PM

Both campaigns having events in Nebraska and Maine....so the election COULD really be that close.

The politards threatening civil unrest really deserve a 269-269 deadlock!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 4:50 PM
posted by justincredible

Unintentional hilarity. Apparently the 22nd Amendment doesn't exist.

That is awesome. My woke cousin believes that 100%

Heretic Son of the Sun
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 4:57 PM
posted by gut

Both campaigns having events in Nebraska and Maine....so the election COULD really be that close.

The politards threatening civil unrest really deserve a 269-269 deadlock!

I'll be disappointed with any conclusion that doesn't involve those two idiot codgers having a duel, 1700s style, to solve the "who won?" issue!

gut Senior Member
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 4:59 PM
posted by Heretic

I'll be disappointed with any conclusion that doesn't involve those two idiot codgers having a duel, 1700s style, to solve the "who won?" issue!

They'd both miss....and then what?

gut Senior Member
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 5:04 PM
posted by justincredible

Unintentional hilarity. Apparently the 22nd Amendment doesn't exist.

That add really plays like an SNL skit.  Not quite as bad as some of the Trump ads where the narrator has that classic skit show sarca-voice.  You know, same guy that does all the dramatic B-action movie trailers.
Heretic Son of the Sun
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 5:15 PM
posted by gut

They'd both miss....and then what?

One step closer, try again. Until (hopefully) they take each other out and we can choose between two less disappointing (not a high bar to clear!) figureheads.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 5:30 PM
posted by gut
That add really plays like an SNL skit.  Not quite as bad as some of the Trump ads where the narrator has that classic skit show sarca-voice.  You know, same guy that does all the dramatic B-action movie trailers.

My favorite part is that the kid clearly knew Trump was running for a 3rd term, but then said he thought you could only be President twice.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 27, 2020 7:21 PM
posted by justincredible

My favorite part is that the kid clearly knew Trump was running for a 3rd term, but then said he thought you could only be President twice.

Right......that is so fucking lame.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 4:52 AM

So, I'm wondering about those states that allow early voters to change their votes. How exactly, can that happen? And how long of a process will it be to change?

It really makes me glad that I'm waiting until the day of. What if some expose of both Trump and Biden comes out before then that makes more people want to write in somebody or vote third party? What a hassle that would be!

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 5:39 AM

I'm *not* trying to be stupid here, but - how exactly is this a smoking gun?

It's 5:30am and maybe my brain isn't working on all cylinders yet, but I'm not seeing anything definitive.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 8:16 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm *not* trying to be stupid here, but - how exactly is this a smoking gun?

It's 5:30am and maybe my brain isn't working on all cylinders yet, but I'm not seeing anything definitive.

Other than the now obvious lie that Joe said he never talked to his son about his business dealings.

Other than that the video was a big nothing burger.   

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 10:05 AM

The interview last night with Tony B was very damning; full corroboration with all the evidence from every exchange:  emails, texts, meetings with Joe, phone calls etc....   While there are multiple potential criminal charges from money laundering and fraud etc.... Joe Biden blatantly lying about all of it, and forever beholden to China and Russia, should make him disqualified.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 10:10 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So, I'm wondering about those states that allow early voters to change their votes. How exactly, can that happen? And how long of a process will it be to change?

It really makes me glad that I'm waiting until the day of. What if some expose of both Trump and Biden comes out before then that makes more people want to write in somebody or vote third party? What a hassle that would be!

Once again, we should all vote on the same day, in person, with the same set of facts and information as of that day.  If you vote on October 12th, and three weeks later it is revealed the person you voted for is a lying crook, you and all of us are in trouble.  

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 12:43 PM

Prediction time (kinda)

IMO It'll either be 279-259 for Drumpf, or 290-248 for Namenda Joe. 55/45 chance it's the latter. 

Pubs hold the Senate 51-49.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 12:45 PM
posted by jmog

I hope your Lopez question was a joke, because that would be worse than thinking George Bush is still POTUS.

I don't know if Ohiochatter will be around in 4 years for the next go around about this, but I would be willing to place a bet, travel to whatever town you live in, and buy you dinner if Biden is still POTUS at the end of 4 years and isn't removed for either the "25th" or steps down due to "health concerns". With the whole body of evidence sinde the primaries, these aren't just "gaffes" anymore they are complete lapse in memories.

Would you be willing to bet that he would still be in office in 4 years?

If Biden does have to resign if he is President for "health reasons", and we see for sure a decline in his speaking ability, fine, sure I'll take you up on that. But, it would also depend on whatever the White House doctor says is the issue. 

I still think it is funny during both debates and his various interviews over the last few weeks this board was silent on it, and then that clip was shown and bam, it came back.  

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 12:51 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I still think it is funny during both debates and his various interviews over the last few weeks this board was silent on it, and then that clip was shown and bam, it came back.  

Don't think it's too funny. I said what I said once already. I'm not going to keep holding everyone's hand through it. If you're skin melts off because of it, or you pretend it is, that's on you. Miss me with the repetitive stuff.

Also, don't get too cocky when I've asked you the same question twice over a handful of days. You're on no high horse. Chief.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 12:54 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Once again, we should all vote on the same day, in person, with the same set of facts and information as of that day.  If you vote on October 12th, and three weeks later it is revealed the person you voted for is a lying crook, you and all of us are in trouble.  

Wading through the pile of shit you post, sometimes leads to a nugget. I actually agree with you on something. 

We all should be voting on the same day. In fact, Election Day should be a national federal holiday which people can take off. Hours should be pretty standard too. Say 7am-7pm for each state. 

There should also be more polling locations in each district so we can eliminate long lines at these locations as they will be long if we all have to vote on the same day. 

If there are people that have to mail in their ballot, there should be a federal minimum standard and procedure on how that ballot can be filled out and delivered as well as if it can be post marked by election day. States can go above that standard, but the feds set the floor. 

Voters should have some sort of ID as well to vote, but that it can be a college ID, or even something like a power or cable bill to prove residence. 

I think those make sense if we all want to vote on the same day and move forward as a democracy. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login