2020 Presidential Election thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 12:58 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Don't think it's too funny. I said what I said once already. I'm not going to keep holding everyone's hand through it. If you're skin melts off because of it, or you pretend it is, that's on you. Miss me with the repetitive stuff.

Also, don't get too cocky when I've asked you the same question twice over a handful of days. You're on no high horse. Chief.

What about the Steele Dossier and the Hunter Stuff? 

I have to reeducate myself on the right wing conspiracy shit, Was the Steele stuff before or after the election? I think it was after, so it really does not compare to the Hunter stuff. 

If we want to make a 1 to 1 comparison, it is the Comey letter and emails of Hillary vs. the Hunter stuff. There the media covered the Comey letter and email stuff on a daily basis. The Hunter stuff still has not been properly vetted. 

I don't think it matter honestly. You can scream Hunter all you want, the virus is the main story. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 1:05 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Wading through the pile of shit you post, sometimes leads to a nugget. I actually agree with you on something. 

We all should be voting on the same day. In fact, Election Day should be a national federal holiday which people can take off. Hours should be pretty standard too. Say 7am-7pm for each state. 

There should also be more polling locations in each district so we can eliminate long lines at these locations as they will be long if we all have to vote on the same day. 

If there are people that have to mail in their ballot, there should be a federal minimum standard and procedure on how that ballot can be filled out and delivered as well as if it can be post marked by election day. States can go above that standard, but the feds set the floor. 

Voters should have some sort of ID as well to vote, but that it can be a college ID, or even something like a power or cable bill to prove residence. 

I think those make sense if we all want to vote on the same day and move forward as a democracy. 

If you want to make election day a federal holiday, wouldn't the easier solution be to just move election day to Veterans Day rather than create a third November holiday?

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 1:21 PM
posted by Al Bundy

If you want to make election day a federal holiday, wouldn't the easier solution be to just move election day to Veterans Day rather than create a third November holiday?

Sure, I'm in favor of that. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 1:36 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Naw, I’ll take another holiday. Give the Vets their day.

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 1:54 PM

So today on "Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Etc" not applying standards equally to both sides, Jack Dorsey said holocaust denial does not get flagged for misinformation.  The context here is the Ayatollah of Iran is openly denying the holocaust on twitter.  He still is fyi, even after it was brought up during Dorsey's hearing.    Holocaust deniers (and the Ayatollah) get more protection from twitter than the NYP and Trump for tweeting shit.  You can't make this up.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 1:57 PM

I have to reeducate myself on the right wing conspiracy shit, Was the Steele stuff before or after the election? I think it was after, so it really does not compare to the Hunter stuff. 

If we want to make a 1 to 1 comparison, it is the Comey letter and emails of Hillary vs. the Hunter stuff. There the media covered the Comey letter and email stuff on a daily basis. The Hunter stuff still has not been properly vetted. 

I don't think it matter honestly. You can scream Hunter all you want, the virus is the main story. 

The press says the virus is the main story; they want it that way and they control it.

The Steele dossier was completely unverified and now proven to be completely false.  Yet, it was used prior to the election in order to illegally spy on innocent Americans associated with the Trump campaign; i.e. Carter Page et.al.  However, the fact that it was not verified did not stop the media whatsoever from pushing the false narrative that it was somehow true; they WANTED it to be true so they ran with it. 

Contrast that with the first person allegations made by Tony B against the Biden Inc. complete with full corroborating evidence - real evidence - and the media literally refuses to even look at it ..........because they know the evidence is real; they know the story is true; they know it would be incredibly damaging and likely swing the election for sure. 

Thus, on the one hand they ran with a false story and an unverified document as the basis of the false story to damage one candidate; on the other hand they refuse to examine the barrage of evidence that is completely true and original from the CEO of the Biden enterprise in question and are conspiring to suppress the story to support another candidate.

It is almost unbelievable, but thankfully because of Trump, the staggering bias has been exposed, time and time again.  FAKE news has never been a more accurate descriptor than today.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 2:26 PM

I'm leaning towards agreeing with QO on this. I'm very rarely on FB so I cannot talk or reference much about it. Never been on TikTok (lol).  But I'm on Twitter daily and see the political shenanigans that have played out. 

I just saw somebody there link to the fact that Trump has been censored by Twitter 65 times.  Just read Likethat's post about Khomenei. How many times has he been censored? Has Twitter ever censored the Steel Dossier stuff? Have they censored Biden's stuff? 

The NYP was not only censored, but banned. Still banned because they refuse to delete the tweet or alter how it was presented. Think about that. Jack Dorsey actually lied about this to the committee today by saying that the NYP wasn't censored.

There is an argument that all of that is some sort of interference. To what degree is going to be opinion, but it's pretty undeniable at this point. What's worse, Jack Dorsey is now asking the public on what Twitter can do better because they recognize the unrest and dissatisfaction. He wouldn't be asking that if he thought Twitter was truly impartial. 

Here Jack is playing word magic in a thread, pretending that he *now* wants to take a "good faith" approach and is asking people what that is and how it can be achieved.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 3:50 PM

So if Trump loses, how is he going to overcome withdrawl from not being able to have rallies?

There was a big rumor, back in 2016, that Trump was going to launch a conservative news network.  I wonder if he'll still do that, or if he'll perhaps buy a stake in OAN.

I think, unfortunately, he's going to break all the norms and decorum about being a former POTUS (seen, occasionally, and rarely heard).

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 5:01 PM

Both existed prior to the election.  Both were known by the FBI prior to the election.  Both were known by the opposition campaigns prior to the election.

The Steele dossier was used by political opposition primarily after the election.  This Hunter stuff is being utilized by political opposition before the election.

The Chairman could come out and put this all to bed before Tuesday.  He could deny this hoax.  Firmly state he never received any foreign money laundered through his son or brother.   State that this Tony Bobulinski is a "lying dog-faced pony soldier".  But he will not because he can't.  At least while he is not in power.

As for the virus I think you underestimate how many people loathe political corruption. Or maybe I'm underestimating how many people are scared shitless of it.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 8:04 PM
posted by Heretic

Of course. If he wins, there will be completely unjustified riots and shit because the damn lefties can't accept the truth; if he loses, well it was rigged and the damn lefties cheated their way past Jesus II so they wouldn't have to accept the truth.

QoAnon is the right-wing version of the most hysterical progressives when it comes to political takes.

So one party chooses violence , and the other does’nt?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 8:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

So one party chooses violence , and the other does’nt?

Note to self: Include all possible scenarios for every situation to avoid this sort of stuff.

My guess is that regardless of who wins, the losing side isn't gonna be quiet.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 8:59 PM
posted by gut

So if Trump loses, how is he going to overcome withdrawl from not being able to have rallies?

There was a big rumor, back in 2016, that Trump was going to launch a conservative news network.  I wonder if he'll still do that, or if he'll perhaps buy a stake in OAN.

I think, unfortunately, he's going to break all the norms and decorum about being a former POTUS (seen, occasionally, and rarely heard).

He'll come up with some platform - he needs the adulation too much. 

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 9:14 AM

I am sure Ptown will get around to NYT story regarding the anonymous "Senior WH Official," not actually being a senior WH official.  We know how cynical he is about anonymous sources. 

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 9:50 AM
posted by like_that

I am sure Ptown will get around to NYT story regarding the anonymous "Senior WH Official," not actually being a senior WH official.  We know how cynical he is about anonymous sources. 

Yes, cause all anonymous stories are to be believed and thought as gospel.....

The Op-ed was laughable from the start and I am not surprised it was a mid level DHS official. 

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 9:52 AM
posted by majorspark

Both existed prior to the election.  Both were known by the FBI prior to the election.  Both were known by the opposition campaigns prior to the election.

The Steele dossier was used by political opposition primarily after the election.  This Hunter stuff is being utilized by political opposition before the election.

The Chairman could come out and put this all to bed before Tuesday.  He could deny this hoax.  Firmly state he never received any foreign money laundered through his son or brother.   State that this Tony Bobulinski is a "lying dog-faced pony soldier".  But he will not because he can't.  At least while he is not in power.

As for the virus I think you underestimate how many people loathe political corruption. Or maybe I'm underestimating how many people are scared shitless of it.

Yeah, see on the debate Biden came out against the story and how he has not taken foreign money. But, as I said, that is still not enough for you. You will move the goalposts on him because you are not voting for him. 

Whatever on the Steeler stuff. I think it is more complicated than that, but I'll let you live in your little world view. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Oct 29, 2020 10:17 AM

Yeah, see on the debate Biden came out against the story and how he has not taken foreign money. But, as I said, that is still not enough for you. You will move the goalposts on him because you are not voting for him. 

Whatever on the Steeler stuff. I think it is more complicated than that, but I'll let you live in your little world view. 

So, Biden says 'nothing to see here' and the media and deep state apparatus buy it without reservation and immediately move on.  On the other hand Trump says the Russia collusion hoax is a hoax, but is hammered for 3 years by the media and the deep state apparatus and impeached by political enemies. 

There is no one with one ounce of integrity who could possibly think this is remotely fair or satisfactory. 

This is exactly why Trump must win.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 29, 2020 10:23 AM

Of course the Chairman never took any foreign money.  That was Hunter who was to hold a percentage for the "Big Guy".  This is the kind of thing old brother Jim refers to as "plausible deniability".

Edit:

Explain to me how I am moving the goalposts when from the beginning I have said the Chairman should categorically deny this. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Oct 29, 2020 10:24 AM

Nice letter from Jack Nicklaus endorsing Trump:

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Oct 29, 2020 4:53 PM

Always enjoyable; heck the beginning may be better than the end. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 29, 2020 5:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Always enjoyable; heck the beginning may be better than the end. 

LOL, if you're throwing in the towel then it must be a Biden landslide.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login