2020 Presidential Election thread

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:15 PM

Either that or he thinks he’s the only one who knows all 50 states. He has delusions that he’s smarter than everyone so it’s plausible. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:21 PM

Obama did say there were 57 states, right? We could be on to something here...what is the deep state keeping from us?

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:27 PM
posted by Automatik

I know the study. China travel ban = 2 mil saved. GOT IT.

It goes to show you how specific and "threaded" political statements are.  Biden could have owned Trump by saying "I was wrong, but you had the intelligence that told you to close the border sooner".  That seems like a winner, but I guess in politics admitting you were wrong because you didn't have all the information is bad.

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:30 PM
posted by justincredible

Obama did say there were 57 states, right? We could be on to something here...what is the deep state keeping from us?

That was bc he’s a Muslim born in Kenya and he’s talking about the 57 Islamic states. Fox told me. 

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:31 PM
posted by majorspark

I am guessing he is referring to internal polls.

It will be interesting to see where Trump goes the last week, and if Biden goes anywhere.  Biden does seem to be losing ground from the basement.

I think there are a number of states Trump is very tenuously ahead in, and maybe last night was enough.  But I think the best case scenario for Trump, right now, is he needs at least one of PA, WI or MIN.  If Biden is going on offense, I expect to see him in FL, NC, GA or AZ and maybe given himself additional paths to victory.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:46 PM

I read the Chairman will be in Delaware today then heading to PA to reassure them he still gives a frack.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:51 PM
posted by majorspark

I read the Chairman will be in Delaware today then heading to PA to reassure them he still gives a frack.

Trump kind of whiffed on that softball.  Because I thought I heard Biden say he wanted to be carbon neutral by 2025....which means, basically, almost no fossil fuels in 5 years.

I think solar has potential, but anyone who wants to talk carbon neutral without talking seriously about nuclear is simply pandering.  I keep telling people that's how you know the "existential crisis" is bullshit, because no on is pounding the table for more nuclear.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 2:10 PM

The Chairman claimed he never said he wanted to eliminate fracking.  Trump said its on tape and the Chairman immediately responded to post it on your website.  Which was promptly done. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 2:12 PM

lol

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 2:16 PM
posted by gut

Trump kind of whiffed on that softball.  Because I thought I heard Biden say he wanted to be carbon neutral by 2025....which means, basically, almost no fossil fuels in 5 years.

I think solar has potential, but anyone who wants to talk carbon neutral without talking seriously about nuclear is simply pandering.  I keep telling people that's how you know the "existential crisis" is bullshit, because no on is pounding the table for more nuclear.

Nuclear is cool and all but I don’t think anyone’s trying to deal with storing the waste. Kinda defeats being carbon efficient when we put radioactive waste in the ground? 

gut Senior Member
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 2:20 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Nuclear is cool and all but I don’t think anyone’s trying to deal with storing the waste. Kinda defeats being carbon efficient when we put radioactive waste in the ground?

If it's an existential crisis, then you're question is irrelevant.  "We have 10 years to save the planet!!!!!". 

But, like I said, anyone who actually bothers to look at the science and not swallow the agenda-driven pseudo science pushed by the left...there is no existential crisis.  In reality, the default assumption - which the science still can't reject - is that all the fossil fuels in the earth could only warm the planet 2-3 more degrees.  And not only is that not an existential crisis, it's arguably healthier for a greener planet.  All this talk about more & severe natural disasters...no evidence for that, either.

Every once in a while, the true agenda peaks through, and that's the 50-60 year old "overpopulation" argument.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 2:44 PM

So looks like Trump has a secret weapon for this election. He’s got new states voting for him.  He just told a reporter he’s leading in states that you don’t know about. 

Big, if true. 

Him 'leading' is what they don't know about ..... but of course some people on the left would think he meant there are 'states you don't know about'.

sweet Jesus

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 2:47 PM
posted by gut

"2025" was just another early-onset gaffe - (sad).  Even AOC+3 could not damn us by 2025.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 2:56 PM

So looks like Trump has a secret weapon for this election. He’s got new states voting for him.  He just told a reporter he’s leading in states that you don’t know about. 

Big, if true. 

If you couldn't understand what he meant by that, you are below...

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 4:17 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

If you couldn't understand what he meant by that, you are below...

:_(

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 5:23 PM
posted by justincredible

The deep state is one of the 57

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:02 PM

False.

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/nuclear-fuel-cycle/nuclear-wastes/radioactive-wastes-myths-and-realities.aspx

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:08 PM
posted by jmog

False.

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/nuclear-fuel-cycle/nuclear-wastes/radioactive-wastes-myths-and-realities.aspx

What’s false about it? Your article you linked just says it’s less waste than most people think lol.  That doesn’t dispute what I said.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:10 PM

What’s false about it? Your article you linked just says it’s less waste than most people think lol.  That doesn’t dispute what I said.

You first sentence literally said that “no one is trying to deal with storing the waste” which the article directly refuted in its first two “myths” debunking.

That’s how it is false. Did you read the article or just a couple sentences?

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 9:15 PM
posted by jmog

You first sentence literally said that “no one is trying to deal with storing the waste” which the article directly refuted in its first two “myths” debunking.

That’s how it is false. Did you read the article or just a couple sentences?

I’m saying that’s why it’s not popular. That’s why you don’t see companies banging down the door to build nuclear power plants. It’s very costly to get rid of radioactive waste. It’s very costly to maintain nuclear equipment. something first energy has found out and has done a terrible job at and why they needed a bailout. It’s pretty simple to understand what I meant  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login