Poll: 2018 Midterm predictions

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 2:12 PM

Pelosi says she's the best person for the job of Speaker, believes she'll have enough support. That would be a huge mistake, IMO. I don't know who should take her place, but she needs to step aside.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 3:07 PM

Pelosi/Waters will do more to help R’s than R's can do for themselves.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 3:38 PM
posted by like_that

Serious question for those who lean left (cc and quaker can sit this one out), do you legitmately enjoy what Acosta is doing? 

Also how do you feel about him physically assaulting a female staffer? 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 3:57 PM
posted by superman

Lol stop. He should have given her the microphone, but physical assault? 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 4:03 PM
posted by justincredible

Pelosi says she's the best person for the job of Speaker, believes she'll have enough support. That would be a huge mistake, IMO. I don't know who should take her place, but she needs to step aside.

Saw a theory that Trump wants to work with her because she has nearly as much baggage as he does, which probably wouldn't be true of a different choice.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 4:29 PM
posted by superman

^Found the snowflake^

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 4:43 PM
posted by like_that

Serious question for those who lean left (cc and quaker can sit this one out), do you legitmately enjoy what Acosta is doing? 

Not a huge fan; seems to be more about using Trump's general assholeness as a means to promote himself as a media celebrity, while at the same time maintaining his access. I prefer the "show not tell" philosophy, where you show how he acts and people draw their own conclusion about things, as opposed to the constant "look at me" overreactions and baiting so you can tell, tell, tell. But I've also thought the whole thing with the White House and media has been nothing more than a shitshow throughout Trump's presidency, where it comes off as idiots arguing with idiots on a daily basis with Acosta being the ringleader for one group of idiots regularly and HuckSanders being the mouthpiece for idiots on the other side.

posted by superman

Another side effect of Acosta being what he is: Stupid taeks.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 4:45 PM
posted by justincredible

Pelosi is like Hillary — someone who should step back instead of insisting on being at the forefront, as their constant presences aren't doing anything to help Ds on a national level. But their egos keep them insisting that they're the best and brightest choices to lead, regardless of how detrimental that is to the overall cause.

FatHobbit Senior Member
9,058 posts 68 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 5:01 PM
posted by Heretic

Pelosi is like Hillary — someone who should step back instead of insisting on being at the forefront, as their constant presences aren't doing anything to help Ds on a national level. But their egos keep them insisting that they're the best and brightest choices to lead, regardless of how detrimental that is to the overall cause.

Lol IT WAS HER TURN GOD DAMN IT! 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 5:19 PM
posted by superman

I saw a tweet that said there is now more evidence of Acosta assaulting a woman than Kavanaugh.   That brought the lulz.  No, I don't it was assault, but it would be interesting to see what the reaction would be if a fox news reporter did this while questioning a Dem president.

posted by Heretic

Not a huge fan; seems to be more about using Trump's general assholeness as a means to promote himself as a media celebrity, while at the same time maintaining his access. I prefer the "show not tell" philosophy, where you show how he acts and people draw their own conclusion about things, as opposed to the constant "look at me" overreactions and baiting so you can tell, tell, tell. But I've also thought the whole thing with the White House and media has been nothing more than a shitshow throughout Trump's presidency, where it comes off as idiots arguing with idiots on a daily basis with Acosta being the ringleader for one group of idiots regularly and HuckSanders being the mouthpiece for idiots on the other side

This.  I don't think they should televise it.  Have the reporters come in, ask the questions, and the transcript is posted.  I am willing to bet none of the idiotic antics would go down if there weren't any cameras. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 6:27 PM
posted by like_that

what he does is completely disrespectful to the office of the president and other reportres

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 7:29 PM
posted by Spock

what he does is completely disrespectful to the office of the president and other reportres

Smh

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 9:24 PM
posted by like_that

The whole thing is embarrassing. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 9:37 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Smh

So i take it that you think his actions are good ans appropriate?

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 9:57 PM

I guarantee you didn't give a shit about respecting the office of the President when Obama was in office.

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 10:06 PM

WH revoked Acosta's credentials. 

superman Senior Member
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 10:27 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Lol stop. He should have given her the microphone, but physical assault? 

He clearly hit her. I know the Dems are the party of domestic violence but it is not okay to put hands on a woman.  

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 10:36 PM

It's a shame, the despicable nature of politics.  My twitter feed is full of people crying, scenario:

R: White

D: Gay, woman, islam, anything

R - wins

D - supporters - it's a shame that people are too ""phobic to to elect (insert name).

Nothing is said whatsoever about policies.  Beliefs.  Values.  Issues.  Nothing.  The sole focus is trashing the other side for this stupid fucking shit.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 11:07 PM
posted by superman

He clearly hit her. I know the Dems are the party of domestic violence but it is not okay to put hands on a woman.  

What on earth are you talking about?

superman Senior Member
Wed, Nov 7, 2018 11:16 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

What on earth are you talking about?

Which word was too big for you to understand? 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login