Poll: 2018 Midterm predictions

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 13, 2018 10:49 PM
posted by Spock

Who cares if Daddy gave him money.....irrelevant.  Also, you can spew all this all the time about him but he was never called a racist or bigot, homophobe, nazi, crazy or anything else till he became prez.

Nobody had any reason to.  His life hadn't been under the same microscope. 

Or is it surprising to you that there's a correlation between looking for more and finding more. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 7:50 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Abrams isn't being stupid, she is just going through her options. Given how close it is, I don't blame her for trying to draw it out. 

She is being stupid. She should concede. Calling for another vote is absurd. I’m old enough to remember when not accepting election results was a threat to democracy. 

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 8:03 AM

Suing for a complete do-over of Election Day is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It's probably for the best that a loon like Abrams lost...the people of GA should be breathing a sigh of relief. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 8:43 AM
posted by iclfan2

She is being stupid. She should concede. Calling for another vote is absurd. I’m old enough to remember when not accepting election results was a threat to democracy. 

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 8:43 AM
posted by iclfan2

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 9:22 AM
posted by fish82

Suing for a complete do-over of Election Day is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It's probably for the best that a loon like Abrams lost...the people of GA should be breathing a sigh of relief. 

Havent followed this but has she played the gender or race card yet?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 9:40 AM
posted by iclfan2

I agree actually. It appears Kemp is above the 50% needed. The talk of voter irregularities is suspect and may not be able to make up the difference of 18k. This drawn out process will only bolster Kemp and Trump for that matter. 

Same goes in Florida as well. For the sake of the country, if all the votes have been counted, and you are still down, concede. 

I do have this feeling in the back of my mind though that we will be sitting here two years from now, with say Florida and another state in the balance and if Trump is on the brink of losing, he will pull the same shit, question the results, complain about fraud, and not concede. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:18 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I agree actually. It appears Kemp is above the 50% needed. The talk of voter irregularities is suspect and may not be able to make up the difference of 18k. This drawn out process will only bolster Kemp and Trump for that matter. 

Same goes in Florida as well. For the sake of the country, if all the votes have been counted, and you are still down, concede. 

I do have this feeling in the back of my mind though that we will be sitting here two years from now, with say Florida and another state in the balance and if Trump is on the brink of losing, he will pull the same shit, question the results, complain about fraud, and not concede. 

Only the left can question an election?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:21 AM
posted by Spock

LOL. I'm saying they should concede. So, no, I'm not saying that. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:21 AM
posted by Spock

Obviously not.  Do you not remember ACORN?

The point he's making ... and it's not a bad one ... is that Republicans will pull the same shit, and most of their supporters will get behind them when they do it, even though those same supporters are calling Abrams out for doing it here.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:24 AM
posted by O-Trap

The point he's making ... and it's not a bad one ... is that Republicans will pull the same shit, and most of their supporters will get behind them when they do it, even though those same supporters are calling Abrams out for doing it here.

Yup. I’m sure repubs have asked for a recount. You’ll NEVER see icl and spock calling them sore losers!

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:29 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yup. I’m sure repubs have asked for a recount. You’ll NEVER see icl and spock calling them sore losers!

Being a politician or a heavily partisan follower of one side requires either a denial of hypocrisy or at the very least ignoring it.

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:46 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

She's calling for a whole nother fucking election. I'm fine with a recount, but the retards in Florida couldn't even do that correctly this time. Don't let facts get in the way. Also, historically, recounts don't change things much unless you're under 1000 votes or something. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/recounts-rarely-reverse-election-results/

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:48 AM
posted by O-Trap

She's not asking for a recount. I am never backing someone calling for an entire new election. And it was the left who went crazy thinking Trump might not accept the election results if he lost, yet here we are with which side ACTUALLY isn't accepting it. Can play hypotheticals all day, but here it is actually happening.

https://www.apnews.com/7985be43fa4c4422bfece25cb0204307

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:50 AM

Call for a new vote ……………..hysterical. 

‘I lost, I want a do-over.’  Spoiled, uneducated, immature …

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 10:53 AM

It's going to come to a point where there will have to be a bipartisan committee per state whose sole job will be to count elections while being on CC tv. Because clearly, jackassery will not abate.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 12:18 PM

It's like Sherrod Brown said, "If Stacy Abrams doesn't win in Georgia, they stole it."

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 5:28 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Call for a new vote ……………..hysterical. 

‘I lost, I want a do-over.’  Spoiled, uneducated, immature …

She hasn't made a decision to do it or not yet, maybe you should hold your horses.  

What do you mean by "uneducated"?  I'd be interested to hear that.  

fish82 Senior Member
Fri, Nov 16, 2018 6:01 PM

She just delivered arguably the most butthurt "concession" speech I've heard in several years, so it appears to be over. 

Can't imagine her career ever advancing past the statehouse at this point...what a loon. 

fish82 Senior Member
Mon, Nov 19, 2018 1:34 PM

Just read that the dems turned Orange County all the way blue. That's pretty significant, TBH. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login