2017 NFL chatter, continued...

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Dec 29, 2017 4:00 PM
posted by thavoice

Luckily I'm not from NW Ohio or I would take offense to that!

But I agree....a lot of trashy fans.

One thing i never understood....on the way home from games we would stop someplace and people would say they were huge Steeler fans ad them ask.....who won.

WTF.   I understand maybe not being able to watch a game but any true fan knows the result of the game.....

And this is what I'm talking about. If you live IN it, unlike NYC, or some other douchebag location, where you don't see if every day, you don't understand.

I said "80%" of the fan base is trashy frontrunning/bandwagoners, and I'm likely correct. Most people I know, or have met, from that local Pittsburgh market, are pretty respectful and know their team. For the most part, they don't talk shit.

You come into NE Ohio and they are the trashiest of the trash. The farther you come West of Pittsburgh, the worse it gets. These "fans" don't know but maybe a handful of players and are loud, obnoxious shit talkers who think they are a member of the team, or some crap.

Unless you live IN it, you really don't know.

For the most part, posters on here shouldn't get "triggered" lol, about my trash comments because it's really no reference to them. Outside of a few trolls, the Steeler fan posters on the OC are generally respectful, intelligent fans who know the game and their team.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 29, 2017 4:07 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And this is what I'm talking about. If you live IN it, unlike NYC, or some other douchebag location, where you don't see if every day, you don't understand.

I said "80%" of the fan base is trashy frontrunning/bandwagoners, and I'm likely correct. Most people I know, or have met, from that local Pittsburgh market, are pretty respectful and know their team. For the most part, they don't talk shit.

You come into NE Ohio and they are the trashiest of the trash. The farther you come West of Pittsburgh, the worse it gets. These "fans" don't know but maybe a handful of players and are loud, obnoxious shit talkers who think they are a member of the team, or some crap.

Unless you live IN it, you really don't know.

For the most part, posters on here shouldn't get "triggered" lol, about my trash comments because it's really no reference to them. Outside of a few trolls, the Steeler fan posters on the OC are generally respectful, intelligent fans who know the game and their team.

More like 72.6% but I get your point.   

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 29, 2017 4:07 PM

Lol...love the passive aggressive remarks. Aren't you some big lifter guy? You can come at me directly, it's ok.

When are you gonna realize that eastern Ohio (and most of the state) and western PA (and most of that state too) ARE FULL OF TRASHY PEOPLE. Ohio and PA....no different. Do you even go to Cleveland games or bars to watch? You think it's full of alter boys and classy individuals??

Yes, you live in it, which is why your comments are so fucking hilarious. Product of your surroundings bro, wake the fuck up.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Dec 29, 2017 9:53 PM
posted by Heretic

So, Pittsburgh fans are big hypocrites for having the same reaction to players from their teams signing with rivals as Cleveland fans do? Because I'm confused now, since it seems you had the same reaction to Andy going to GSW as I'm having to Harrison going to NE and both seem to be the same situation (past-his-prime guy at the end of his career) while going to a rival that also happens to be a top (if not THE top) contender for a title.

Well first off  I understand why a fanbase would be upset to see a former longtime player join a rival.  To answer your question though, yes when that fanbase and team rubs it in the face of their rival (even if it's non factor rival the last 15 years), I do find it iornic and hypocrital.  Do cartwheels when it benefits you and then cry like little bitches when it happens against you.  It's especially funny coming from Auto who mocked cavs fans for burning Lebron's jersey when he left years ago, and now he is butt hurt, because Harrison got cut and joined the pats.  If it wasn't for harrison the Steelers would have one less SB right now.  You have dumbass steelers fans burning the jersey of a dude that 100% won the last super bowl for them.  Lebron didn't have a title in Cleveland when he left, AND he didn't get cut.  

This is nothing new, I've made it clear that I believe Steelers fans are the biggest hypocrites in the world.  They get every call in the world and Goodell takes it easy on them in contrast to other teams, but that one time something goes against their team the world is crumbling.  Sprinkle that in with the bashing of other fanbases, but then they fail to realize they are a bunch of white trash hicks (i.e. thavoice) as well, who turn a blind eye to pieces of shits like rapistberger, harrison, mendenbinladen,  etc.  Also funny, because a good portion of the fans gave up on the team after they protested (i.e. thavoice), and they of course were right back to being fans right around week 12ish.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 29, 2017 10:00 PM
posted by like_that

Well first off  I understand why a fanbase would be upset to see a former longtime player join a rival.  To answer your question though, yes when that fanbase and team rubs it in the face of their rival (even if it's non factor rival the last 15 years), I do find it iornic and hypocrital.  Do cartwheels when it benefits you and then cry like little bitches when it happens against you.  It's especially funny coming from Auto who mocked cavs fans for burning Lebron's jersey when he left years ago, and now he is butt hurt, because Harrison got cut and joined the pats.  If it wasn't for harrison the Steelers would have one less SB right now.  You have dumbass steelers fans burning the jersey of a dude that 100% won the last super bowl for them.  Lebron didn't have a title in Cleveland when he left, AND he didn't get cut.  

This is nothing new, I've made it clear that I believe Steelers fans are the biggest hypocrites in the world.  They get every call in the world and Goodell takes it easy on them in contrast to other teams, but that one time something goes against their team the world is crumbling.  Sprinkle that in with the bashing of other fanbases, but then they fail to realize they are a bunch of white trash hicks (i.e. thavoice) as well, who turn a blind eye to pieces of shits like rapistberger, harrison, mendenbinladen,  etc.  Also funny, because a good portion of the fans gave up on the team after they protested (i.e. thavoice), and they of course were right back to being fans right around week 12ish.

When I read “Mendenbinladen” I didn’t lol but smiled like a dumbass and my wife asked what the hell I was looking at on my phone.

I don’t remember that name. Good one.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 3:04 PM
posted by like_that

I can understand that. I'd like to say that I don't spend an inordinate amount of attention to the behavior of other teams' fans and how they react to stuff, also, but I can't with any real honesty. Like, to use roughly the same amount of hyperbole you did with the "they get every call in the world and Goodell takes it easy on them in contrast to other teams" (I mean, some people here seemingly had no comprehension of the NFL's drug suspension rules as confused as they were by how Gordon's 3rd or so offense was being treated more severely than, for example, Bell's first), Cleveland fans are idiots who want 90% of the players cut and team officials/coaches fired every year and then are dumbfounded by how the franchise has no cohesion and is incapable of doing anything other than spinning its wheels at the bottom of the league. True of all their fans? Probably not (although every week here, it does seem that people call for multiple cuts and firings before, during and after the game), but I'm not sure any of the Steeler fans I know remotely resemble the descriptions you provide.

Shit, on here at least, I don't even remember much talk about Haden coming over other than, "Hopefully, he'll regain his mojo" and that it had the potential to be a low-risk/high-reward if all goes well. And the feelings about Harrison leaving are a hell of a lot more muted than all the alleged "fans" you guys seem to poll on your streets (a couple "fuck that guy" reactions).

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 3:31 PM

This back and forth of well written ha ha’s has me really pumped for the huge game tomorrow.

I wasn’t convinced Haden was going to be of much help. I remember posting after week 3 or 4 that I forgot Haden was even on the team.....then when he was out I definitely forgot about him...but last week he did very well against Hopkins so therefore, happy he is here.

I’d prefer the Browns go 2-0 vs Ravens every year and 1-1 vs the Bengals. I’d prefer the Bengals to go 1-1 against Ravens and Browns.

I don’t hate Patriots but also don’t want them having the most Super Bowls championships. I’ve actually pulled for the Patriots in nearly every SB they have played in. I wanted Brady to get his 5th because IMO he’s greatest QB of all-time. If they make it this year I will be rooting for whoever they are facing.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 3:32 PM
posted by Heretic

I can understand that. I'd like to say that I don't spend an inordinate amount of attention to the behavior of other teams' fans and how they react to stuff, also, but I can't with any real honesty. Like, to use roughly the same amount of hyperbole you did with the "they get every call in the world and Goodell takes it easy on them in contrast to other teams" (I mean, some people here seemingly had no comprehension of the NFL's drug suspension rules as confused as they were by how Gordon's 3rd or so offense was being treated more severely than, for example, Bell's first), Cleveland fans are idiots who want 90% of the players cut and team officials/coaches fired every year and then are dumbfounded by how the franchise has no cohesion and is incapable of doing anything other than spinning its wheels at the bottom of the league. True of all their fans? Probably not (although every week here, it does seem that people call for multiple cuts and firings before, during and after the game), but I'm not sure any of the Steeler fans I know remotely resemble the descriptions you provide.

Shit, on here at least, I don't even remember much talk about Haden coming over other than, "Hopefully, he'll regain his mojo" and that it had the potential to be a low-risk/high-reward if all goes well. And the feelings about Harrison leaving are a hell of a lot more muted than all the alleged "fans" you guys seem to poll on your streets (a couple "fuck that guy" reactions).

Well as BR said earlier, this isn't directed to most of the steelers fans on this board.  I think overall we are all pretty level headed when it comes to both teams, but even the best Steelers poster here (ironman) has some of the tendencies I mentioned that fit the description of the average Steelers fan.  Ironman practically has a scouting report on every NFL ref for fucks sake.

I get the end game with your post though.   You wanted to take a shot at Browns fans, because I took a massive shot at Steelers fans. That was more than obvious lmao.  I stand by my comment though, any Steelers fan bitching about Harrison is a hypocrite considering they thought it was hilarious when Haden came to them.  At least Harrison won you all a SB (if he doesn't take back the 99+ yard int at the end of the first half vs the cardinals, they aren't winning that SB), and there is no doubt in my mind when he retires Steelers fans will fondle themselves to memories of Harrison when he is inducted to the HOF as a Steeler.   Something tells me that Haden won't be getting the same reception in Cleveland.  

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 3:58 PM
posted by like_that

Well as BR said earlier, this isn't directed to most of the steelers fans on this board.  I think overall we are all pretty level headed when it comes to both teams, but even the best Steelers poster here (ironman) has some of the tendencies I mentioned that fit the description of the average Steelers fan.  Ironman practically has a scouting report on every NFL ref for fucks sake.

I get the end game with your post though.   You wanted to take a shot at Browns fans, because I took a massive shot at Steelers fans. That was more than obvious lmao.  I stand by my comment though, any Steelers fan bitching about Harrison is a hypocrite considering they thought it was hilarious when Haden came to them.  At least Harrison won you all a SB (if he doesn't take back the 99+ yard int at the end of the first half vs the cardinals, they aren't winning that SB), and there is no doubt in my mind when he retires Steelers fans will fondle themselves to memories of Harrison when he is inducted to the HOF as a Steeler.   Something tells me that Haden won't be getting the same reception in Cleveland.  

Yeah, doubt any fondling to Haden. We’ll never know but had Cards kicked FG or scored TD....score would’ve been much different. Part of me being insufferable on here during games is because of the play calling with the lead (OSU a blast also)....Had Cards has tied it or taken the lead they open it up more and often go down and retake the lead reaffirming my issues. Tomlin has solidified his inability to understand how the clock works that he began in that very same SB.

As for the refs...I’ve slipped on that a decent bit. I still recognize the suckers and a couple of the better ones but a good portion anymore I don’t know if good/bad. In my weak defense if I watch a damn game and see ref in action and calling penalties with camera on him 15+ times a game....is it that crazy to recognize them as what they are? Some of you guys know GMs of teams better than the state capitals. I couldn’t tell you who is making decisions for the Steelers let alone 15 other teams. As a fan I get into the game as it’s being played (yeah I know, sorry) but you Cleveland fans keep me up to date on current and past players troubles (felonies, rapes etc)...I never ignored, I never knew many of them. Nowadays with ESPN and sports talk/FB/Twitter it’s pretty impossible to not know.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 4:10 PM
posted by like_that

Damn straight! This is teh interwebs; can't be letting shit slide!

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 8:07 PM

Speaking of Joe Haden...you guys will enjoy the thought of my brother (Deydurkie) at the Pittsburgh game in Cleveland earlier this year..he yelled "hey Joe, FUCK YOU!" and Haden actually came running towards the stands staring directly at him lol butthurt af.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 8:58 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Speaking of Joe Haden...you guys will enjoy the thought of my brother (Deydurkie) at the Pittsburgh game in Cleveland earlier this year..he yelled "hey Joe, FUCK YOU!" and Haden actually came running towards the stands staring directly at him lol butthurt af.

Why did I not know that was your brother?

As a professional athlete financially set...In not sure what it would take to get under my skin from someone in the seats.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 10:23 PM
posted by Heretic

Cleveland fans are idiots who want 90% of the players cut and team officials/coaches fired every year 

Not to start shit talk but do you listen to Pittsburgh sports talk radio? You have a Super Bowl winning coach who callers are asking to be fired on a regular basis. Now I think Tomlin is overrated but for god sakes, dude helped bring your team a Lombardi and you have jackasses thinking he should be fired and calling him a "token" (not my words, don't shoot the messenger)? Hell. I know a few guys who long for the return of Cowher and the "Super Bowl's they would've won had he still been in charge." There are idiots everywhere.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 10:24 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

LOL...why does this not surprise me? Gotta love Durkie.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 30, 2017 11:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not to start shit talk but do you listen to Pittsburgh sports talk radio? You have a Super Bowl winning coach who callers are asking to be fired on a regular basis. Now I think Tomlin is overrated but for god sakes, dude helped bring your team a Lombardi and you have jackasses thinking he should be fired and calling him a "token" (not my words, don't shoot the messenger)? Hell. I know a few guys who long for the return of Cowher and the "Super Bowl's they would've won had he still been in charge." There are idiots everywhere.

Why are you listening to Pittsburgh sports talk radio. Of course they are putting those dummies on the air...stupidity is entertaining. Those of us on here (we’ll maybe all but 1) IMO are all better than clowns calling in to sports talk shows.

I hate Tomlin’s clock management and him allowing the shitty play calls against shifty teams when up 7 or fewer points. But he’s nicely set at his HC position. I don’t want him going anywhere. Now if Steelers continue to have good players and he goes 6-10 back to back...I’ll be in the conversation.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Dec 31, 2017 9:19 AM
posted by Ironman92

Why are you listening to Pittsburgh sports talk radio. Of course they are putting those dummies on the air...stupidity is entertaining. Those of us on here (we’ll maybe all but 1) IMO are all better than clowns calling in to sports talk shows.

I'm not. Two of the local (Cleveland) guys host national shows for CBS radio and have Pittsburgh callers on all of the time. One of them listens to Pittsburgh sports talk all of the time and talks about this on the air. For the most part, I listen to the NFL channel on Sirius XM but will switch it to the local guys in the morning.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sun, Dec 31, 2017 12:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I never listen to sports radio, lol. Gotta save whatever tiny bits of sanity I might still have!

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 31, 2017 11:36 PM

Del Rio fired in Oakland

Pagano done in Indianapolis

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 11:55 AM

Fox out in Chicago

Caldwell gone in Detroit- Print the shirts

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 12:20 PM

Bruce Arians went on to become a much better head coach than I anticipated.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login