Congrats to S&L

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 12:49 PM

^best news ever 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 2:58 PM

So somehow, some way there’s a real chance that Marvin Lewis will be the Bengals head coach next season.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 3:31 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So somehow, some way there’s a real chance that Marvin Lewis will be the Bengals head coach next season.

Yeah...Jon Fay agrees

He has 9 lives I guess

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 3:47 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

They finished with an upset win! He's about to turn things around!

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 3:52 PM

Harbaugh to the Bears...maybe

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 3:54 PM
posted by Heretic

They finished with an upset win! He's about to turn things around!

A lot of the Bengals beat writers/media were joking about this after the game yesterday but it was like a "Ha ha we hope it's a joke anyways....." 

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 5:02 PM

It's that time of year where we hear about all the head coaching gigs Matt Patricia is going to interview for and ultimately turn down. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 5:04 PM
posted by Ironman92

Harbaugh to the Bears...maybe

More likely to the Colts imo. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Jan 1, 2018 5:07 PM
posted by like_that

More likely to the Colts imo. 

Back with Luck meshes well but he seems like an NFC North type of coach.

Also don’t much care. 

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 12:04 PM
posted by like_that

Well first off  I understand why a fanbase would be upset to see a former longtime player join a rival.  To answer your question though, yes when that fanbase and team rubs it in the face of their rival (even if it's non factor rival the last 15 years), I do find it iornic and hypocrital.  Do cartwheels when it benefits you and then cry like little bitches when it happens against you.  It's especially funny coming from Auto who mocked cavs fans for burning Lebron's jersey when he left years ago, and now he is butt hurt, because Harrison got cut and joined the pats.  If it wasn't for harrison the Steelers would have one less SB right now.  You have dumbass steelers fans burning the jersey of a dude that 100% won the last super bowl for them.  Lebron didn't have a title in Cleveland when he left, AND he didn't get cut.  

This is nothing new, I've made it clear that I believe Steelers fans are the biggest hypocrites in the world.  They get every call in the world and Goodell takes it easy on them in contrast to other teams, but that one time something goes against their team the world is crumbling.  Sprinkle that in with the bashing of other fanbases, but then they fail to realize they are a bunch of white trash hicks (i.e. thavoice) as well, who turn a blind eye to pieces of shits like rapistberger, harrison, mendenbinladen,  etc.  Also funny, because a good portion of the fans gave up on the team after they protested (i.e. thavoice), and they of course were right back to being fans right around week 12ish.

I never gave up on them when they protested.  I supported Villanueva for what he did and also defend the rights of those players who decide to protest....it is their right.   Don't agree with it but it's their rights to do so but those players also must realize it is the rights of fans to reign down their fury.  

As for Harrison signing with NE....good for him.   Great player just hooked up with the AFC rep for the SB. Soundedlike he was a bitch this year and I feel he should have gotten more PT to see what he could do.  If he got a lot of PT and sucked the well......

I feel honored I got 2 mentions from you in one post.   

True BR is a rapist.  Harrison has always been a bad dude and I believe he has just been smarter in getting passed the PED tests in his career.  You'll never find me backing criminal behavior.   I root for the Steelers to win and however that gets accomplished is fine by me. I've been going to games since 1995 and have in the past been a part of a group with season tix so I don't feel like I need to defend my loyalty to the team.   

So call me what you will.  I'm okay with it.   

Have a great 2018.  The start of the browns upswing stsrts right now and us Steelers fans realize our window is slamming shut so we need to enjoy it while we can because soon it will be Cleveland's division.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 12:33 PM
posted by Ironman92

Bruce Arians went on to become a much better head coach than I anticipated.

Got a story on Arians. Guy I used to work with who is an avid Steeler fan and avid golfer gets a call on his cell phone at work one day. One of his buddies is calling him, telling him he wants to get together with him to play a round of golf (foursome) and they have a new guy who will be joining their group. His buddy says "here, let me put him on the phone." It's Bruce Arians. 

This was right after Arians was let go of by the Browns and had just accepted the OC position with Pittsburgh, right after the Browns lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs on the Northcutt drop.

The guy I worked with always made fun of Arians play calling when he was the Browns OC and was pissed when Pittsburgh hired him.

I'm in his office and hear him say "you're not going to suck as the Steelers OC like you did here in Cleveland, are you?"

I don't know what the answer was but they did all go golfing together.

thavoice Senior Member
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 1:17 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Got a story on Arians. Guy I used to work with who is an avid Steeler fan and avid golfer gets a call on his cell phone at work one day. One of his buddies is calling him, telling him he wants to get together with him to play a round of golf (foursome) and they have a new guy who will be joining their group. His buddy says "here, let me put him on the phone." It's Bruce Arians. 

This was right after Arians was let go of by the Browns and had just accepted the OC position with Pittsburgh, right after the Browns lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs on the Northcutt drop.

The guy I worked with always made fun of Arians play calling when he was the Browns OC and was pissed when Pittsburgh hired him.

I'm in his office and hear him say "you're not going to suck as the Steelers OC like you did here in Cleveland, are you?"

I don't know what the answer was but they did all go golfing together.

CLASSIC.  he wasn't well liked for his zero commitment to the running game, right or wrong.   If he had the WR and Bell that they have now.....look out but that was a different time.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 1:26 PM
posted by thavoice

CLASSIC.  he wasn't well liked for his zero commitment to the running game, right or wrong.   If he had the WR and Bell that they have now.....look out but that was a different time.  

I do agree with ironman's comments though. When he got the HC gig in AZ, I was skeptical. Turned out to be pretty good.

thavoice Senior Member
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 1:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I do agree with ironman's comments though. When he got the HC gig in AZ, I was skeptical. Turned out to be pretty good.

Great offensive mind.  Just was the wrong time in Pittsburgh, a place where running the ball was first and foremost and he would abandon it very quickly.     

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 9:05 PM

NFL ratings down roughly 10%...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfls-tv-ratings-drop-following-a-season-of-injuries-anthem-protests/ar-BBHSz0L?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp2

They talk about the protests, etc but the local station brought up another, and perhaps valid reason, the Red Zone Channel. Instead of sitting through games, a lot of people, perhaps due to fantasy football, are tuning in the the Red Zone Channel to get a more condensed version and cut out the BS.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 9:16 PM

I've heard rumblings there was trouble in paradise, hopefully it turns out to be true.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 9:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

NFL ratings down roughly 10%...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfls-tv-ratings-drop-following-a-season-of-injuries-anthem-protests/ar-BBHSz0L?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp2

They talk about the protests, etc but the local station brought up another, and perhaps valid reason, the Red Zone Channel. Instead of sitting through games, a lot of people, perhaps due to fantasy football, are tuning in the the Red Zone Channel to get a more condensed version and cut out the BS.

Down less than everything else on TV, aside from Cable News Networks. It isn't protests. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Jan 4, 2018 11:31 PM
posted by justincredible

I've heard rumblings there was trouble in paradise, hopefully it turns out to be true.

Too bad it’s only 25 Super Bowls in

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jan 5, 2018 7:44 AM

Seen this power struggle before. I bet this marriage is going to end after this season. One of these guys will probably be available. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login