Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Feb 4, 2024 8:22 AM
posted by gut

Kind of feels like that other "HUGE" right-wing conspiracy about the pizza parlor.

The Left is pretty good at mining the depths of the internet to find 5 incels making bad jokes and using that to characterize 45M Republican voters.

I heard this stuff from Vivek - the guy who was competing for the Republican nomination.  I didn’t know the reason he and a bunch of his followers were up in arms, so I thought I’d go to an authority figure.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 4, 2024 8:00 PM

Democrats saying republicans are conspiracy theorists while believing the Russian hoax says all you need to know. Both sides believe dumb shot

Mon, Feb 5, 2024 12:17 PM

My questions still stands: What is the issue with Taylor Swift and the NFL?  I don't know anything about the connection and was curious to get an explanation.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 5, 2024 12:47 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

My questions still stands: What is the issue with Taylor Swift and the NFL?  I don't know anything about the connection and was curious to get an explanation.

She's dating a high profile player who's in the Super Bowl, about all I know.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 5, 2024 1:03 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Might be because Kelce did a 'rona jab' commercial and, therefore, she's part of a deep state conspiracy to keep people getting jab'd for all eternity, so everyone always has the latest microchips installed in their bodies.

Might be because she's super influential with her fanbase, so if she would hypothetically endorse Biden, it would theoretically provide the sort of boost that Trump would have trouble overcoming.

Or, it just might be because, while the right wing commentators who are all about these "conspiracies" all tend to try to portray themselves as independent thinking alpha male personalities, they regularly come off as beta bitch hall of fame inductees due to their over-the-top combination of slavishly praising Trump and his most loyal followers and how they're as good as any progressive at crying like bitches the instant they can manufacture a reason for tears.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 6, 2024 1:43 PM

Approx 75 word run-on sentence; may have broken the record ......congrats!

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 8, 2024 2:47 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Approx 75 word run-on sentence; may have broken the record ......congrats!

but not wrong

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 8, 2024 9:46 AM

S&P 5000

THX BRANDON!

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Feb 8, 2024 10:38 AM
posted by Automatik

S&P 5000

THX BRANDON!

Nice, barely above where we were over two years ago.  Two years lost.  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 8, 2024 10:57 AM

All time high is all time high. WIN.

Thu, Feb 8, 2024 12:34 PM
posted by Automatik

What about the new Nucor plant that just opened in Kentucky?  Was it the result of many years of work by the company, union, local gov't people?  Nope, it was accomplished by Biden one day last spring?  

Does that sound silly?  That's he same argument QO used to credit Trump with any positive manufacturing news during the period of 2016-2020.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Feb 8, 2024 4:36 PM
posted by Automatik

Enjoy

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 21, 2024 6:42 PM

Can we all agree, wtf Alabama on your embryo ruling? Total screws up IVF facilities. 

Wed, Feb 21, 2024 6:48 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Can we all agree, wtf Alabama on your embryo ruling? Total screws up IVF facilities. 

Having lived there for six year, I have zero surprise.  A state that goes all in on one party like this inevitably gets turd juice quality governing.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 22, 2024 12:15 AM

What happened? What was the ruling?

Side question:

Should states have any of their own rights or should it be top-heavy with everything coming from DC? Kinda like "One fist to rule them all!" sort of thing.

I only ask because my aunt and I just had this discussion the other day concerning earned income tax credits.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 23, 2024 10:56 AM

I had absolutely no idea I was a Christian Nationalist. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 23, 2024 10:56 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

What happened? What was the ruling?

Side question:

Should states have any of their own rights or should it be top-heavy with everything coming from DC? Kinda like "One fist to rule them all!" sort of thing.

I only ask because my aunt and I just had this discussion the other day concerning earned income tax credits.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 23, 2024 12:08 PM

Anyone see the Google Gemini AI woke picture results? If you asked for pictures of things, they made sure to add people of all races, like the founding fathers, or Vikings (lol even nazis). Their answers to certain questions are all progressive garbage as well. Shit in, shit out

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 23, 2024 2:13 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I think it sets a difficult precedent for sure, especially for cost/liability insurance for IVF facilities.

That being said...

The left argument for abortion is that it is ALWAYS the mother's choice, basically her choice if its a human/person or not. 

If  you don't buy this, that the woman chooses if the fetus is a human or not. Understand that in most states the woman can choose to kill the fetus (abortion) but if she WANTS the child and someone assaults her and the fetus dies, the assailant can be charged with homicide or manslaughter of the fetus.

So when the mother wants the fetus, it is counted as a human/person, when the mother doesn't want it, then it is not a human person.

In this Alabama case, the mother wanted those embryos, the IVF place (accident or negligence) allowed for them to be destroyed. So its the mother's choice if they were human/persons or not right?

I know that sounds like an asinine argument, but that just follows the "pro-choice" logic to the end.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 23, 2024 3:31 PM
posted by justincredible

I had absolutely no idea I was a Christian Nationalist. 

Wow, I'm flummoxed to learn I am, too!

Seriously, though, it's interesting just how well that rhetoric has worked.  She even found a way to tie in that if people believe that their rights come from God then they are orbiting Trump by default and they are just Christian nationalists as a bonus. 

I bet all of the 24 people that watch that network have bought into that premise long ago and now it's just a satisfying confirmation.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login