Progressives, part 3...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 2:10 PM
posted by gut

LOL, now that Musk has taken control of Twitter and won't play ball with the Democratic agenda, NOW the Dems want to "reign in big tech".

Liberal Senator Markey threatens with 'if big tech won't clean up its act, congress will fix it'    HAHAHAHAHaaaa

All I could think was 'how about congress fix congress first, dumbass, after running up $30 trillion in debt'.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 2:13 PM
posted by gut
Is that really new though?  I'm thinking of the kids' pageant circuit that's been around a few decades, at least [and creepy as hell].

The pageant is quite creepy.  Maybe even the cornerstone in recent times.  There is always a push to build on what gets accepted as somehow normal activity.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 2:20 PM
posted by gut
Is that really new though?  I'm thinking of the kids' pageant circuit that's been around a few decades, at least [and creepy as hell].

Yeah, unlike some people, my brain is still with it enough to remember stuff like JonBenet Ramsey and how she was put in all those creepy-ass little kid pageants and then got killed. At least that incident was just treated like it is: fucked up tabloid shit, as opposed to every dipshit on both sides of the aisle deciding everything about it had to be politicized to make whatever stupid point they're trying to make.

majorspark Senior Member
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 3:02 PM

This pageant thing (as disgusting as it is and has always been) mostly just gets brought up in discussions on this subject because the other side likely believes their political opponents while expressing outrage likely had their kids enrolled in it or were indifferent.  Same goes with the catholic church.  Politics infects everything.  There are equally worthless people out there.  The problem is neither side does not want to piss off their share of them.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 3:59 PM

Adult males pretending to be women dancing like ho’s for children, how is that comparable to child pageants (which I disagree with and a ton of people hated the Netflix Cuties things)? They aren’t really comparable. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 4:37 PM

1) I don’t care Musk took money from he government to subsidize his business. I don’t blame him one bit for taking advantage of some of our dumb rules and laws. I would rather focus on ending those laws and loopholes.

2) People will take advantage of children in any environment that give them access. We have had scandals in wrestling, gymnastics, cheerleading, churches, pretty much everywhere. That doesn’t mean we should take small children and have normalize them to drag  shows. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
majorspark Senior Member
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 5:47 PM
posted by iclfan2

Adult males pretending to be women dancing like ho’s for children, how is that comparable to child pageants (which I disagree with and a ton of people hated the Netflix Cuties things)? They aren’t really comparable. 

It's not.  Neither is the little girl holding the bondage teddy bear. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 7:40 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol just keep it even if u are truly trying to protect chi

So someone can’t call out an atrocity unless they call out all atrocities that you deem worthy/important?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 8:37 PM
posted by gut

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 8:15 AM
posted by jmog

So someone can’t call out an atrocity unless they call out all atrocities that you deem worthy/important?

1 out every four of his posts are about groomers and he literally only calls out these story times. I only joined the convo to ask who the "Thousands getting kicked off twitter" were and didnt get an answer.   Like its fine to not agree with it, personally i wouldnt take my kid there, but its not like their parents arent bringing them.  No one is "dancing like ho's in front of children" from the pictures i have seen.  I also didnt know much about these events but his comments made me read more about them.  The arent super prevalent but the ones that happen are actually quite popular and have waiting lists.  Like i said, I probably wouldnt do it but I also dont believe there  is any link between these shows and any type of child abuse or molestation. Quite the opposite actually.  Just because someone likes to dress as a woman doesnt mean they like children.  In fact most people who molest children are dudes with wives and arent even gay, they certainly dont invite the parents.  If anything these events seem to promote tolerance and understanding from what i can tell.  Either way they dont warrant daily posts about every person being democrat must be a groomer.  Thats my opinion you can agree or not agree with it.  I really dont need to get into a 5 page argument today.

Wed, Nov 30, 2022 1:33 PM
posted by geeblock

1 out every four of his posts are about groomers and he literally only calls out these story times. I only joined the convo to ask who the "Thousands getting kicked off twitter" were and didnt get an answer.   Like its fine to not agree with it, personally i wouldnt take my kid there, but its not like their parents arent bringing them.  No one is "dancing like ho's in front of children" from the pictures i have seen.  I also didnt know much about these events but his comments made me read more about them.  The arent super prevalent but the ones that happen are actually quite popular and have waiting lists.  Like i said, I probably wouldnt do it but I also dont believe there  is any link between these shows and any type of child abuse or molestation. Quite the opposite actually.  Just because someone likes to dress as a woman doesnt mean they like children.  In fact most people who molest children are dudes with wives and arent even gay, they certainly dont invite the parents.  If anything these events seem to promote tolerance and understanding from what i can tell.  Either way they dont warrant daily posts about every person being democrat must be a groomer.  Thats my opinion you can agree or not agree with it.  I really dont need to get into a 5 page argument today.

Kinda like when you call out one black person for being shot by police but not the other 1000 black people being shot by other black people

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 1:42 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

One of the funniest things I ever saw, and the full clip did not disappoint vs. the promos!

But I have to wonder how much of that audience was planted.  I can totally see some people biting their tongue, and others even clapping, but NO WAY does not a single person yell "WTF?!?!?"  Knowing how upsetting and offensive that would be to some people, I have a hard time believing it's not entirely staged.

I just looked it up and see Knoxville claimed it was all almost entirely real.  Not buying it.

geeblock Member
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 2:04 PM
posted by sportchampps

Kinda like when you call out one black person for being shot by police but not the other 1000 black people being shot by other black peop

Black people are the worst. Feel better?
Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 2:05 PM

The only time I ever hear about the term "grooming", drag queens and kids, etc, is on this site. 

How common is all of this? Also, where?

geeblock Member
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 2:29 PM
posted by Automatik

The only time I ever hear about the term "grooming", drag queens and kids, etc, is on this site. 

How common is all of this? Also, where?

That is a he point I was trying to make. From what I read it had been going on since 2015 and there are 35 different groups that do it anywhere from once a year to once a month. My  opinion just like CRT or book banning or whatever fearmongering flavor of the month they come up with it’s really just another distraction that they don’t have any actual policies to talk about. ( Unless they use their most popular policy of tax breaks for billionaires of course) 

Wed, Nov 30, 2022 3:44 PM
posted by geeblock
Black people are the worst. Feel better?

Yes I’m racist because I point out you talk about something that contributes around 1% of African American homicides but don’t say a word about black on black shooting deaths that depending on the year make up 80-90% of all homicides of black males

geeblock Member
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 3:55 PM
posted by sportchampps

Yes I’m racist because I point out you talk about something that contributes around 1% of African American homicides but don’t say a word about black on black shooting deaths that depending on the year make up 80-90% of all homicides of black males

You said you were racist not me. I thought that was what you were looking for. Your comment makes no sense on so many levels. First of all UNARMED people being killed by police has zero to do with people being killed by criminals. Not sure why you even tie those together. 

Secondly you do realize that also around 80 percent of white people are killled by other white people. This has to do with general proximity, people kill other people that live near them.  I’m also half white and I generally don’t go around talking about white on white crime either just like I don’t go around talking about school shootings that may be done by a white person, because well it’s called CRIME. 

Finally I don’t have to bring up black on black crime because it gets brought up about  once every 10 or 15 posts I make.  Hope this helps 

geeblock Member
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 4:00 PM
posted by sportchampps

We have had  250 pages of discussion on black on black crime. I have also posted local anti violence events in Columbus. Let me know if you would like to attend one 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 30, 2022 4:33 PM
posted by geeblock

You didn’t answer my question at all  

You went on a multi paragraph rant and ignored the question.

Is he allowed to complain about a travesty without having to mention every other travesty that you deem important to the conversation?

Because that is basically what you are doing by constantly saying “well where are you on the Catholic Church?”

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login