Progressives, part 3...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 27, 2022 2:05 PM

LOL, now that Musk has taken control of Twitter and won't play ball with the Democratic agenda, NOW the Dems want to "reign in big tech".

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Nov 27, 2022 9:34 PM
posted by gut

LOL, now that Musk has taken control of Twitter and won't play ball with the Democratic agenda, NOW the Dems want to "reign in big tech".

Left: Musk is the visionary who will lead us toward a renewable energy future,

Right: Musk is a fucking left-wing, government-sponsored user.  Obama made him rich by subsidizing his business that’d never have worked.

Right: Musk is the visionary who will restore our freedoms and reign in the liberal press.

Left: Musk is a fucking right-wing, conservative-fueled stooge.  Trump created an economy where he could promote hate and end free speech.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 27, 2022 10:27 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That's cute.  But the Repub's version was logically and philosophically consistent.
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 7:06 AM
posted by gut
That's cute.  But the Repub's version was logically and philosophically consistent.

You have to admit that it’s funny watching both sides scramble to figure out how they feel about the guy.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 7:36 AM

You have to admit that it’s funny watching both sides scramble to figure out how they feel about the guy.

Why does either "side" have the need to feel anything about him at all?

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 8:39 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Why does either "side" have the need to feel anything about him at all?

They don’t have to.  But the vocal ones on either side seem to feel the need to express strong opinions about most everything.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 9:25 AM
posted by gut

Cracked me up where that whack job, Alyssa Milano, proudly posted on Twitter that she turned in her Tesla for a Volkswagen EV because she didn't want to support a company or owner (Musk) who supported "white supremacy." 

She got OWNED by someone who said a) get rid of your Twitter account if you don't want to support it and b) Volkswagen was invented by Hitler and the Germans.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 9:59 AM

They don’t have to.  But the vocal ones on either side seem to feel the need to express strong opinions about most everything.

Is it not possible to respect Musk for steering Twitter back to the middle while also hating him for being the quintessential corporate welfare baby?

Just not seeing what the Republicans are getting wrong here.

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 10:13 AM
posted by gut

Is it not possible to respect Musk for steering Twitter back to the middle while also hating him for being the quintessential corporate welfare baby?

People can feel however they want certainly.  I was just bemusing the fact that in a relatively short period of time, one guy has gone from pariah to hero with one group and hero to pariah with another.  No easy feat.  It actually makes him more trustworthy as far as I’m concerned.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 10:16 AM

People can feel however they want certainly.  I was just bemusing the fact that in a relatively short period of time, one guy has gone from pariah to hero with one group and hero to pariah with another.  No easy feat.  It actually makes him more trustworthy as far as I’m concerned.

Trump was previously beloved among the now woke Hollywood celebs like Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, etc until he became "Bad Orange Man" and they flipped on him in the snap of a finger. They're all hypocrites.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 6:17 PM

95% of population COULDN’T care less about Elon musk?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 6:30 PM
posted by gut

Lol right, Elon is a liberal douche. But also is ready to show how trash Twitter culture was. I’m OK with this. A lot of pedophiles getting cancelled. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 6:49 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol right, Elon is a liberal douche. But also is ready to show how trash Twitter culture was. I’m OK with this. A lot of pedophiles getting cancelled. 

Care to name a few? I’m generally curious. It’s wild how people now are trying to demonize gays as pediphiles when technically the Catholic Church is one of the biggest groups  for that to name just one 

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 7:01 PM
posted by geeblock

Care to name a few? I’m generally curious. It’s wild how people now are trying to demonize gays as pediphiles when technically the Catholic Church is one of the biggest groups  for that to name just one 

You’re not gonna find me defending Catholic priests. And Drag Queen Story Hour being a non profit is enough Grooming for me. I can’t imagine the other depths of Twitter. The LGB probly should have stopped at those letters. The slippery slow everyone said wouldn’t happen after gay marriage has occurred, and coming up with the acronym MAP means it’s only going to get worse. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 7:07 PM
posted by iclfan2

You’re not gonna find me defending Catholic priests. And Drag Queen Story Hour being a non profit is enough Grooming for me. I can’t imagine the other depths of Twitter. The LGB probly should have stopped at those letters. The slippery slow everyone said wouldn’t happen after gay marriage has occurred, and coming up with the acronym MAP means it’s only going to get worse. 

sure u can’t defend them however u remain silent about the biggest groups who actually do the most pedophelia.  U have made 25 post about groomers and haven’t mentioned the biggest ones 

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 7:24 PM
posted by geeblock

sure u can’t defend them however u remain silent about the biggest groups who actually do the most pedophelia.  U have made 25 post about groomers and haven’t mentioned the biggest ones 

I’m not Catholic. Burn them down too. They’re not in the current news tho and not actively grooming children on maintstream social media. It’s not hard to comprehend. If you take your kid to a drag show you’re a fucking weirdo/ loser, and your kids should be taken away. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Nov 28, 2022 10:32 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m not Catholic. Burn them down too. They’re not in the current news tho and not actively grooming children on maintstream social media. It’s not hard to comprehend. If you take your kid to a drag show you’re a fucking weirdo/ loser, and your kids should be taken away. 

Lol just keep it even if u are truly trying to protect chi

Tue, Nov 29, 2022 7:52 AM
posted by geeblock

Lol just keep it even if u are truly trying to protect chi

Is it because you’re a teacher that you’re the only one on here that writes like a 9th grader sending texts in the cafeteria?

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 1:27 PM

Look something evil is trying to come out of the shadows.  If you can't see that there is some sort push to normalize the sexulization of kids at the earliest age you are either a blind fool or worse.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 1:40 PM
posted by majorspark

If you can't see that there is some sort push to normalize the sexulization of kids at the earliest age you are either a blind fool or worse.

Is that really new though?  I'm thinking of the kids' pageant circuit that's been around a few decades, at least [and creepy as hell].

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login