2020 Presidential Election thread

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 3:23 PM
posted by gut

It would be unbelievable if Biden got pressured into picking Abrams.

I also think Gov. Whitmer is toxic.  Someone has orchestrated a very effective political assassination of her (though she certainly made it easy on them).

Pretty the VP will be Klobuchar or Kamala.  Maybe Elizabeth Warren, but with her it's a matter of how many other voters will you lose to make the Bernie Bros happy?

It matters little……….it is going to be a beat down, especially when the magnitude of the obama/biden conspiracy and abuse of power is unveiled over the next 6 months.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 3:26 PM
posted by like_that

They really dug themselves a hole with the woke crowd.  None of these women move the needle and each will cause problems, especially since they will be viewed as his replacement. I think Buttigieg would be his best option.  It would appease the woke crowd and he isn't as hatable at the women you just mentioned.  

Unless they have someone who can help move PA, MI, WI, and/or FL, they have little hope.  I can’t see any VP candidate bringing all those states into the fold.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 4:19 PM
posted by Spock

Pence is gonna look very presidential and polished even compared to Biden and Trump.  Regardless of being very vanilla, he is well spoken, has the look, and knows his shit.

Has the look? Weird way to say you think pence is attractive, CC. Just be careful, pence will try to send you to gay conversion therapy! 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 4:32 PM
posted by Spock

Pence is gonna look very presidential and polished even compared to Biden and Trump.  Regardless of being very vanilla, he is well spoken, has the look, and knows his shit.

So, generic middle-aged/elderly guy who almost always looks pretty constipated is "the look"?

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 5:19 PM

To me, Pence's "look" is dead eyes.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, May 20, 2020 5:28 PM

I don't think Biden's VP pick will make any difference after it gets a few days of attention in the news.  As a reference, look at Sarah Palin.  Outside of a diehard core of followers, she was a big turnoff to people . Yet McCain, who was a weak candidate, still came very close to winning.  If you can almost win with Sarah Palin, shit, it doesn't matter who you pick.  Plus Biden is such a horrible candidate, I think he's doomed no matter what. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, May 20, 2020 6:34 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't think Biden's VP pick will make any difference after it gets a few days of attention in the news.  As a reference, look at Sarah Palin.  Outside of a diehard core of followers, she was a big turnoff to people . Yet McCain, who was a weak candidate, still came very close to winning.  If you can almost win with Sarah Palin, shit, it doesn't matter who you pick.  Plus Biden is such a horrible candidate, I think he's doomed no matter what. 

If he picks someone that isnt woke enough......the AOC crowd is gonna blow it up....that will draw the left wing media.  

Wed, May 20, 2020 6:39 PM
posted by Spock

If he picks someone that isnt woke enough......the AOC crowd is gonna blow it up....that will draw the left wing media.  

I still think his pick will make no difference.  

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 22, 2020 5:57 PM

Lol. Is this real life? I can’t  help but laugh when thinking about how insane this election cycle is.

Joe Biden told a black radio host that “if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black,”

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 22, 2020 6:06 PM
posted by Rotinaj

Lol. Is this real life? I can’t  help but laugh when thinking about how insane this election cycle is.

Joe Biden told a black radio host that “if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black,”

LOL, he really is just a less vulgar Trump.  Might actually need to pick a black VP now.

Fri, May 22, 2020 8:17 PM
posted by Rotinaj

And that perfectly encapsulates the Democratic party's attitude toward black voters - they're only true to their race if they blindly follow. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, May 23, 2020 12:34 AM

Biden’s and the dems only chance is if they close things back down causing two important things:

1. The economy stays down. If they economy recovers it spells doom for the Ds.

2. Somehow the debates get cancelled. Biden is so far down the road of dementia now he will get lambasted in a debate with Trump. He literally can’t handle an interview with non-softball set of questions from a black reporter. Ends up telling the reporter he isn’t really black if he doesn’t know he will support Biden. 

If Trump had said anything close to that CNN/MSNBC would be going 24/7 on how racist he is. 

Spock Senior Member
Sat, May 23, 2020 8:26 AM

I cant wait for Biden to look at Trump and say "Come on man"

Then ask him to take him on in a push up challenge.

But what might be better is when he picks a female VP and Biden gropes her right on stage at the DNC.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, May 24, 2020 5:54 AM
posted by Rotinaj

Not enough people are giving Joe credit for being honest about the Democratic party's attitude toward black people.   Good for Joe. 

Spock Senior Member
Sun, May 24, 2020 2:47 PM
posted by like_that

Not enough people are giving Joe credit for being honest about the Democratic party's attitude toward black people.   Good for Joe. 

Spinning like an F5 tornado

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 25, 2020 10:29 AM

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 25, 2020 10:49 AM

^^^wow.  There's no way he's going to survive 3 debates with Trump without a few major "senior moments".

He's having gaffes almost every other interview now.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 25, 2020 1:07 PM
posted by Rotinaj

To me, the highlight of it all was when his personal spin doctor, I mean, uh, "senior advisor" used the Trump defense of saying the comments were made in jest. A line that's about as believable here as when Orange Man said he was being sarcastic about injecting bleach into the lungs or whatever during one of his inept corona-conferences. And yet another sign of how fucked we are as a country to have to play the "Which geriatric idiot do you want!?!?" game in a few months. One guy comes off as dangerously incompetent mentally and a near-100% bet to get replaced by his VP long before his four years would be up and the other comes off as a cheap-ass used car salesman whose idea of leadership and accountability is to whine about how he isn't treated as nicely as he wants, while blaming everyone else for anything going wrong. Quite inspiring!

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 26, 2020 2:21 PM

A choice between "annoyingly incompetent" and "dangerously incompetent" seems pretty easy TBH. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login