2020 Presidential Election thread

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 11:40 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

It's getting headlines all the time.  In this case, he seems to have misspoken.  If Trump is going to go down this road of calling Biden senile, he better make sure he is very careful about never misspeaking himself.  

To be fair, Trump doesn't "misspeak" nearly as bad or often as Biden. 

You have to be intellectually honest here, Biden has had some SERIOUS "gaffes" "misspeaks" or whatever euphemism you want to use to make it sound "better" over the last 6 months or so. He is really bad lately, and this is someone who honestly would have voted for him over Trump 4 years ago if he had ran. He was NOT bumbling around his words 4 years ago like he does now. 

It is truly sad, as someone who has watched 3 different grandparents suffer from either Alzheimer's or dementia in their old age before they died. He has one of these two, there is no doubt in my mind at all. All of the signs are there from forgetting where he is (has named the wrong state he was in at least 2 different times), to forgetting what he is talking about (numerous times), bumbling over what office he is running for (Senate vs POTUS), getting angry when people ask him questions he doesn't like (I know, Trump does this too, but Biden never did before so its a 'new' symptom), and lets not forget his complete destruction of "We hold these truths to be self evident...".

Be honest here, anyone who isn't a complete apologist for the left and/or completely hate Trump so they will use cognitive dissonance to believe what they want, we all can see this man isn't "right" in the head anymore.

Pay close attention to who he chooses as VP, because either directly or indirectly they will be running the country by the end of his term if he wins.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 11:41 AM
posted by gut

That's at least the second time he's switched around the numbers, not counting the debate where he said something like "100s of millions of people have died due to lack of healthcare". 

It's like he has dyslexic memory.  Hard to argue you aren't mentally deficient when you can't keep a couple of simple numbers straight.

That was 100s of millions of people died from gun related deaths in the US. That was his "numbers issue" at the debate.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 11:59 AM

How long will the Biden team be using geese honking as a distraction? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, May 19, 2020 12:12 PM
posted by jmog

To be fair, Trump doesn't "misspeak" nearly as bad or often as Biden. 

You have to be intellectually honest here, Biden has had some SERIOUS "gaffes" "misspeaks" or whatever euphemism you want to use to make it sound "better" over the last 6 months or so. He is really bad lately, and this is someone who honestly would have voted for him over Trump 4 years ago if he had ran. He was NOT bumbling around his words 4 years ago like he does now. 

It is truly sad, as someone who has watched 3 different grandparents suffer from either Alzheimer's or dementia in their old age before they died. He has one of these two, there is no doubt in my mind at all. All of the signs are there from forgetting where he is (has named the wrong state he was in at least 2 different times), to forgetting what he is talking about (numerous times), bumbling over what office he is running for (Senate vs POTUS), getting angry when people ask him questions he doesn't like (I know, Trump does this too, but Biden never did before so its a 'new' symptom), and lets not forget his complete destruction of "We hold these truths to be self evident...".

Be honest here, anyone who isn't a complete apologist for the left and/or completely hate Trump so they will use cognitive dissonance to believe what they want, we all can see this man isn't "right" in the head anymore.

Pay close attention to who he chooses as VP, because either directly or indirectly they will be running the country by the end of his term if he wins.

I agree with everything you said.  I'm just saying that Trump opens himself up to being criticized over misstatements he makes - albeit not due to dementia.  

I think Biden is definitely exhibiting signs of dementia.  It's sad that this is the best the dems could come up with.  And I cannot believe his family allows him to be put into this position.  If a normal campaign resumes (i.e. debates and stump speeches), I think Trump wins easily.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 12:55 PM

LOL, trolling comes so naturally to Trump.  Throws the "I'm taking hydroxy" grenade to the press and does a mic drop.

While I think it's hilarious watching the TDS brigade twist themselves in knots over hydroxy, I thought Trump should have taken more care with this announcement.  Although I guess he did say he consulted with his doctor.  But I felt more emphasis was needed on why he was taking it (he can't truly shelter in place because of the job) and the precautions being taken (I would guess he is being monitored constantly, and probably never more than 100 feet from a doctor).

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 1:50 PM
posted by gut

LOL, trolling comes so naturally to Trump.  Throws the "I'm taking hydroxy" grenade to the press and does a mic drop.

While I think it's hilarious watching the TDS brigade twist themselves in knots over hydroxy, I thought Trump should have taken more care with this announcement.  Although I guess he did say he consulted with his doctor.  But I felt more emphasis was needed on why he was taking it (he can't truly shelter in place because of the job) and the precautions being taken (I would guess he is being monitored constantly, and probably never more than 100 feet from a doctor).

Followed by Pelosi expressing concern for him due to taking an experimental, unproven drug with possible serious side effects because of worries about his health because he's "morbidly obese".

At the very least, our political people have gotten really good at throwing shade at each other! Very entertaining, even if the concept of any of these people having any say in anything that may impact me gets more terrifying by the day.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 2:06 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I agree with everything you said.  I'm just saying that Trump opens himself up to being criticized over misstatements he makes - albeit not due to dementia.  

I think Biden is definitely exhibiting signs of dementia.  It's sad that this is the best the dems could come up with.  And I cannot believe his family allows him to be put into this position.  If a normal campaign resumes (i.e. debates and stump speeches), I think Trump wins easily.  

Agreed.  The only thing I can think of is there is so much dirt and scandal, that they have to have him win to keep it all covered up.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 6:54 PM
posted by Heretic

Followed by Pelosi expressing concern for him due to taking an experimental, unproven drug with possible serious side effects because of worries about his health because he's "morbidly obese".

At the very least, our political people have gotten really good at throwing shade at each other! Very entertaining, even if the concept of any of these people having any say in anything that may impact me gets more terrifying by the day.

Quite the box of worms she’s opening. She’s disgusting, Abrams is gigantic, Nadler... is it all fair game now?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, May 19, 2020 7:38 PM
posted by iclfan2

Quite the box of worms she’s opening. She’s disgusting, Abrams is gigantic, Nadler... is it all fair game now?

She fat shamed. 

gut Senior Member
Tue, May 19, 2020 10:39 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not a great look when Pelosi and her merry band of at-risk geriatrics are sheltering in place while Trump is in DC doing his job.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, May 20, 2020 3:12 AM
posted by iclfan2

According to the Wapo, Abrams is like a runway model. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 10:33 AM
posted by like_that

According to the Wapo, Abrams is like a runway model. 

If so, it will be the first time the runway had to be supported with steel I-beams.  

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 20, 2020 11:16 AM

It would be unbelievable if Biden got pressured into picking Abrams.

I also think Gov. Whitmer is toxic.  Someone has orchestrated a very effective political assassination of her (though she certainly made it easy on them).

Pretty the VP will be Klobuchar or Kamala.  Maybe Elizabeth Warren, but with her it's a matter of how many other voters will you lose to make the Bernie Bros happy?

Wed, May 20, 2020 12:54 PM
posted by gut

It would be unbelievable if Biden got pressured into picking Abrams.

I also think Gov. Whitmer is toxic.  Someone has orchestrated a very effective political assassination of her (though she certainly made it easy on them).

Pretty the VP will be Klobuchar or Kamala.  Maybe Elizabeth Warren, but with her it's a matter of how many other voters will you lose to make the Bernie Bros happy?

They really dug themselves a hole with the woke crowd.  None of these women move the needle and each will cause problems, especially since they will be viewed as his replacement. I think Buttigieg would be his best option.  It would appease the woke crowd and he isn't as hatable at the women you just mentioned.  

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, May 20, 2020 1:00 PM
posted by like_that

They really dug themselves a hole with the woke crowd.  None of these women move the needle and each will cause problems, especially since they will be viewed as his replacement. I think Buttigieg would be his best option.  It would appease the woke crowd and he isn't as hatable at the women you just mentioned.  

Could you imagine Pence crushing any of them in a debate.......it would be historic.  Especially Abrams

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 20, 2020 1:49 PM
posted by like_that

I think Buttigieg would be his best option.  It would appease the woke crowd and he isn't as hatable at the women you just mentioned.  

I'd agree with that.  He never should have committed to a woman VP, and I'd expect he was still going to get the nomination without that commitment.

Ridiculous that the same people that talk about equality want to make race/gender/etc a qualification.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 2:08 PM
posted by Spock

Could you imagine Pence crushing any of them in a debate.......it would be historic.  Especially Abrams

Not really, since he comes off as a generic empty suit politician with little substance and less personality.

Wed, May 20, 2020 2:15 PM
posted by Heretic

Not really, since he comes off as a generic empty suit politician with little substance and less personality.

In his defense, that might be the best strategy considering the characters involved for this election.  It worked well during the 2016 VP debate.  Kaine came off as a dickhead and generic Pence just went about business. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 20, 2020 2:29 PM
posted by majorspark

How long will the Biden team be using geese honking as a distraction? 

Now listen here, corn pop ...

posted by Spock

A red checkmark like him crushing them?  Dude's a red-line NPC (and his face actually kind of looks like it).  He wouldn't "crush" anybody.  Fortunately for him, people don't care that much about the VIP debates.

posted by like_that

In his defense, that might be the best strategy considering the characters involved for this election.  It worked well during the 2016 VP debate.  Kaine came off as a dickhead and generic Pence just went about business. 

Yep.  He just needed to not come across like a maniac, and in his defense, that's one thing he does well.  Dude's a milquetoast.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, May 20, 2020 2:49 PM

Pence is gonna look very presidential and polished even compared to Biden and Trump.  Regardless of being very vanilla, he is well spoken, has the look, and knows his shit.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login