2020 Presidential Election thread

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Mar 29, 2020 8:00 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Cuomo's in a very difficult situation. Trump is too. I think they are both doing well considering. It's just interesting how you blame Deblasio and Cuomo (Democrats) and then say Trump is blameless, but if he does have failings, it's the fault of his predecessor (Democrat). 

That seems partisan to me. 

The president has led on this since day 1.  The federal government did its job.  One of those is granting states their rights to handle their people they way they saw fit.  To allow people to go on TV and tell them to "go take the subway, go out in large groups" after the Feds shut down travel is their fault.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Mar 29, 2020 8:15 AM

Cuomo's in a very difficult situation. Trump is too. I think they are both doing well considering. It's just interesting how you blame Deblasio and Cuomo (Democrats) and then say Trump is blameless, but if he does have failings, it's the fault of his predecessor (Democrat). 

I disagree on both doing well. My problem with Trump is Trump. This is not the time to wonder out loud and speak off the cuff. He should start the briefings by taking personal credit for anything that's been accomplished as he always does, then let the experts deliver the facts. As I stated earlier, Cuomo has been slow to react at every turn. Arguably the only governor who has been worse is DeSantis of Florida, who has pretty much done nothing at all. Florida is going to be decimated.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Mar 29, 2020 9:05 AM

I never said Trump was blameless.  Again, that's your biased dumbass imagining things that weren't said. That's the definition of a partisan hack, by the way.  Even QO isn't that dense.

I didn't "blame" anyone.  I called them out for their political dickery.  Nothing I said was factually inaccurate.  Wake the fuck up - the truth is not partisan.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Mar 29, 2020 9:46 AM
posted by gut

I never said Trump was blameless.  Again, that's your biased dumbass imagining things that weren't said. That's the definition of a partisan hack, by the way.  Even QO isn't that dense.

I didn't "blame" anyone.  I called them out for their political dickery.  Nothing I said was factually inaccurate.  Wake the fuck up - the truth is not partisan.

No it isn't. But yours sure seems so.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Mar 29, 2020 12:35 PM
posted by Spock

The president has led on this since day 1.  The federal government did its job.  One of those is granting states their rights to handle their people they way they saw fit.  To allow people to go on TV and tell them to "go take the subway, go out in large groups" after the Feds shut down travel is their fault.

You mean when he was saying there were only 15 cases and this would all be gone by April and NOTHING TO SEE HERE? Yeah, real leadership!

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Mar 30, 2020 8:24 AM
posted by Heretic

You mean when he was saying there were only 15 cases and this would all be gone by April and NOTHING TO SEE HERE? Yeah, real leadership!

Its not April yet.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
Mon, Mar 30, 2020 12:03 PM
posted by Spock

Its not April yet.  

That's true. EVERYONE is saying this thing is gonna be 100% wiped out IN TWO FUCKING DAYS. Great point.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 31, 2020 10:24 AM

The bootlickers don't even acknowledge Trump's previous downplaying. It's pathetic.

PASS THE BRAWNDO!

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Apr 1, 2020 4:14 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-offers-to-call-trump-at-white-house-to-discuss-coronavirus-response-strategy

LOLOLOLOOOOOOOLllololol  are you F-ing kidding me?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 2, 2020 2:38 PM
posted by Automatik

The bootlickers don't even acknowledge Trump's previous downplaying. It's pathetic.

PASS THE BRAWNDO!

Coronavirus task force was established January 29th.

Best.

Thu, Apr 2, 2020 2:48 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Best.

Whatever.  You know full well that until early March, Trump said the virus was another flu and was totally under control.  He's not alone in this, but don't try to act like establishing a task force is equal to him even acknowledging the problem.  There are task forces for everything.  As we can see, the task force for this didn't result in anything.

You've followed the right wing media personality playbook on this thing to a tee.  

Blame some Chinese lab

Compare it to colds and flu

Blame the media and democrats

Pivot 180 and embrace Trump's current status of taking it seriously and denying you or he had ever done anything but that.

Think for yourself for a change.  Trying to mimic all of Trump's crazy ass antics and make it look like it's all part of a logical plan isn't working.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Apr 3, 2020 10:12 AM

Is it me or has all this shit been hurting Biden's campaign (general election)?  It seems like his momentum has been shot.  He is nowhere to be found, and when he does appear on TV they have been subpar performances.   Meanwhile, somehow Trump's approval ratings are going up.  WTF?

Automatik Senior Member
Fri, Apr 3, 2020 10:17 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Best.

Keep bowing down. LOL

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Apr 3, 2020 10:22 AM

Whatever.  You know full well that until early March, Trump said the virus was another flu and was totally under control.  He's not alone in this, but don't try to act like establishing a task force is equal to him even acknowledging the problem.  There are task forces for everything.  As we can see, the task force for this didn't result in anything.

You've followed the right wing media personality playbook on this thing to a tee.  

Blame some Chinese lab

Compare it to colds and flu

Blame the media and democrats

Pivot 180 and embrace Trump's current status of taking it seriously and denying you or he had ever done anything but that.

Think for yourself for a change.  Trying to mimic all of Trump's crazy ass antics and make it look like it's all part of a logical plan isn't working.

You would post the same the exact same thing in the opposite form if he would have went on and declared Defcon 1 fear mongering the end of the world back in Feb. also.  So you dont win with people like you.

Automatik Senior Member
Fri, Apr 3, 2020 10:26 AM

That's a hell of a lot of assumption.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Fri, Apr 3, 2020 11:05 AM
posted by Automatik

That's a hell of a lot of assumption.

CC doesn't deal with facts; he deals with assumptions he makes that he pretends are facts.

Fri, Apr 3, 2020 12:21 PM
posted by Spock

You would post the same the exact same thing in the opposite form if he would have went on and declared Defcon 1 fear mongering the end of the world back in Feb. also.  So you dont win with people like you.

I have said on here that neither Trump nor anyone else in our country was prepared for this.  That goes for most all of us.  I don't blame Trump for that and I think he has done well for the most part since acknowledging the reality.  My criticism of QO and other extreme right wingers is that they are trying to revise reality from what we have all experienced.  Radicals claim corona was a conspiracy between democrats, media and the Chinese government; that it is way overblown, etc.  Then Trump got serious about and they say with a straight face that he was way out ahead of it.  No one was way out ahead of it, democrat or republican.  No one was prepared.  No one was predicting this.  Instead of admitting this, the radicals change the truth daily to fit their needs.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 3, 2020 12:28 PM

Instead of admitting this, the radicals change the truth daily to fit their feelings.

FIFY

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 4, 2020 9:07 PM

Radicals claim corona was a conspiracy between democrats, media and the Chinese government; that it is way overblown, etc.

There definitely has been criticism, often greatly exaggerated, of everything Trump does or doesn't do from the usual suspects.  That's the "hoax" I've seen, which of course happens to be very real.  Have not seen where the virus itself is a conspiracy between the media and Chinese came from...kind of sounds like the fake news of Trump calling the virus a hoax that continues to make the rounds.

I forget the source, but just the other day I saw a call to ban or sanction Fox for "spreading misinformation about Covid-19"....mind you, same folks that have been lying and deceiving about hydroxcholorquine simply because Trump cited it as a potential therapeutic.

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 5, 2020 5:10 AM
posted by gut

There definitely has been criticism, often greatly exaggerated, of everything Trump does or doesn't do from the usual suspects.  That's the "hoax" I've seen, which of course happens to be very real.  Have not seen where the virus itself is a conspiracy between the media and Chinese came from...kind of sounds like the fake news of Trump calling the virus a hoax that continues to make the rounds.

I forget the source, but just the other day I saw a call to ban or sanction Fox for "spreading misinformation about Covid-19"....mind you, same folks that have been lying and deceiving about hydroxcholorquine simply because Trump cited it as a potential therapeutic.

Not saying they should be banned but lets be real, Fox news was fucking terrible about this.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login