2020 Presidential Election thread

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Apr 7, 2020 1:42 PM
posted by Heretic

In theory, assuming he can remember how to do more than make up a stupid nickname, followed by a combination of incessant bragging about stuff that may or may not be true AND whining about how unfairly he's been treated. He SHOULD be able to do more than that, but after that being the majority of his speeches for 3+ years, who knows if that's his new ceiling or if he's still capable of raising his game.

You do know he's number 1 on Facebook right now, don't you?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:21 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Whatever.  You know full well that until early March, Trump said the virus was another flu and was totally under control.  He's not alone in this, but don't try to act like establishing a task force is equal to him even acknowledging the problem.  There are task forces for everything.  As we can see, the task force for this didn't result in anything.

You've followed the right wing media personality playbook on this thing to a tee.  

Blame some Chinese lab

Compare it to colds and flu

Blame the media and democrats

Pivot 180 and embrace Trump's current status of taking it seriously and denying you or he had ever done anything but that.

Think for yourself for a change.  Trying to mimic all of Trump's crazy ass antics and make it look like it's all part of a logical plan isn't working.

LOL

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:26 AM

Looks like Bernie is officially dropping out. 

So, now we are offically down to Trump v. Biden. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:27 AM
posted by justincredible

I remember a while back Trump questioning whether he would even participate in the debates. He's probably looking forward to sharing the stage with Biden. He'll eat his lunch.

Dems are desperately Biden does not have to speak publicly in any way, shape, or form.  The longer covid19 lingers, the better his chance, which is incredibly sad.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:30 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

So, now we are offically down to Trump v. Biden. 

No point in Bernie continuing; covid19 is bringing 35% unemployment instead of Bernie doing it.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:57 AM

Sums up Bernie's two presidential campaigns in a nutshell.  Good riddance to that loser.

https://twitter.com/beinlibertarian/status/1247916073908830209?s=20

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 12:04 PM
posted by Automatik

Keep bowing down. LOL

Covid19 deaths may not even reach flu season deaths, despite covid sometimes being listed as cause of death even though underlying health conditions may be the cause of death.  Obviously, it is still much too early to call.  One thing is for sure: fuck China.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 12:50 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I wonder how much he got paid this time?  Maybe they promised him the first dose of the vaccine.

Wed, Apr 8, 2020 12:53 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Covid19 deaths may not even reach flu season deaths, despite covid sometimes being listed as cause of death even though underlying health conditions may be the cause of death.  Obviously, it is still much too early to call.  One thing is for sure: fuck China.

Most people who die of cancer, flu, heart disease, etc have underlying conditions.   

Coronavirus deaths are going to reach whatever level they do - and that is with the measures currently being taken.  I just don't get flu death comparison.  Did we say at 9/11, "10-20 times this many people die every year from the flu - we shouldn't overreact."?  Of course not.  

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 1:24 PM

Did we say at 9/11, "10-20 times this many people die every year from the flu - we shouldn't overreact."?  Of course not.  

The 9/11 analogy does not make any sense to me.  Apples and oranges.

Wed, Apr 8, 2020 1:38 PM
posted by majorspark

The 9/11 analogy does not make any sense to me.  Apples and oranges.

Exactly.  

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Apr 12, 2020 1:00 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mark-cuban-on-how-economy-will-return-to-normal-keeping-the-door-open-to-2020-bid

President Cuban........Yea I would vote for that.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Apr 12, 2020 4:24 PM
posted by Spock

President Cuban........Yea I would vote for that.

All I know is I won't be voting for Trump or Biden.  Maybe I'll just leave that one blank.

Cuban could be great, or really bad.  Because I think he'd actually try to be a POTUS, as opposed to someone we call President that just gives speeches.  Cuban doesn't strike me as someone who needs to hear himself talk, nor as someone who seeks media attention - the press wouldn't know what to do with themselves after Trump and Obama.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Apr 12, 2020 6:12 PM
posted by gut

All I know is I won't be voting for Trump or Biden.  Maybe I'll just leave that one blank.

Cuban could be great, or really bad.  Because I think he'd actually try to be a POTUS, as opposed to someone we call President that just gives speeches.  Cuban doesn't strike me as someone who needs to hear himself talk, nor as someone who seeks media attention - the press wouldn't know what to do with themselves after Trump and Obama.

A few things:

1.  Our current person in the oval office has a laundry list of things that he has gotten done as president..more than most.

2.  If you dont think Cuban isnt worried about Cuban....you dont know him.  

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 12, 2020 6:23 PM
posted by Spock

A few things:

1.  Our current person in the oval office has a laundry list of things that he has gotten done as president..more than most.

1. LOL

2. He didn't say Cuban doesn't care about himself.  He said he doesn't care about hearing himself talk or seeing himself in the media.

Do you know him so well?  How?

Sun, Apr 12, 2020 7:34 PM
posted by Spock

A few things:

1. In your opinion. In many people's opinion, not so. 

2. When did you and Cuban get to know each other so we'll. 

gut Senior Member
Sun, Apr 12, 2020 8:08 PM

Here I thought the 2016 election was prime for a 3rd party candidate to actually make waves....but swapping in Senile Joe sets up the 2020 election even better.

I think it's too late for Cuban in 2020.  Believe he's a libertarian, though, so it will be very interesting if he does decide to run this year or 2024.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 4:48 AM

Cuban has never set up an official platform, so I don't know where he leans on every issue, but just following thru the years he definitely has a libertarian mindset.  I'd vote for him, but I get the sense he wants nothing to do with the position.  If he ever ran, I don't think it would ever be third party.  As spock mentioned, he also wants to protect himself and running third party would most likely just screw over the GOP and give the election to the Democrats who have gone pretty far left.  Cuban has said in the past he used to be a Republican and he wants to still be one, but the current GOP won't let him, because they are no longer what they say they are (he is not wrong). I think we would most likely see Cuban run as a Republican if he ever ran.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 12:48 PM

Most people who die of cancer, flu, heart disease, etc have underlying conditions.   

Coronavirus deaths are going to reach whatever level they do - and that is with the measures currently being taken.  I just don't get flu death comparison.  Did we say at 9/11, "10-20 times this many people die every year from the flu - we shouldn't overreact."?  Of course not.  

Comparing a terrorist attack to a flu virus is asinine.

Comparing a flu like virus to a flu virus actually makes common sense.

You KNOW that, but are just being obtuse to mess with QO.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 2:38 PM

Bernie endorsing Biden...  Do these people have no principles? 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login