5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Mar 24, 2020 8:53 PM

It would be awesome for Bernie to really be an independent 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 24, 2020 10:20 PM
posted by Spock

It would be awesome for Bernie to really be an independent 

LOL....Bernie is only interested in what Biden/DNC will give him for his endorsement.  True-believer most of his life, until people waived a bunch of money at him and then he became a sell-out just like everyone else.

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Mar 24, 2020 10:50 PM

Jesus the 2nd video of Biden on Twitter is cringe worthy.  The lady on CNN was literally not breathing waiting for him to say something stupid.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 5:45 AM
posted by gut

LOL....Bernie is only interested in what Biden/DNC will give him for his endorsement.  True-believer most of his life, until people waived a bunch of money at him and then he became a sell-out just like everyone else.

This.  It's a gravy train for him.  The only people who don't realize this are his supporters.  There is a reason he hasn't dropped out, when it's pretty clear he has 0 chance of winning.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 9:32 AM

Waiting for everyone to be up in arms about Biden being accused of sexual assault. I imagine I’ll be waiting awhile.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 9:39 AM
posted by iclfan2

Waiting for everyone to be up in arms about Biden being accused of sexual assault. I imagine I’ll be waiting awhile.

Inb4 Boogie posts something to the tune of "president pussy grabber, blah blah evangelicals, blah blah."

Just rememeber we are supposed to believe all women.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 11:08 AM
posted by like_that

Inb4 Boogie posts something to the tune of "president pussy grabber, blah blah evangelicals, blah blah."

Just rememeber we are supposed to believe all women.

Not at all. I'll wait and see. I feel the same way about women that have accused Trump. As for the pussy grabbing comment, I never saw that as a guy trying to act cool in front of another guy. Makes him an immature bro, but not a predator. 

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 1:09 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Not at all. I'll wait and see. I feel the same way about women that have accused Trump. As for the pussy grabbing comment, I never saw that as a guy trying to act cool in front of another guy. Makes him an immature bro, but not a predator. 

All of these rich guys, politicians, famous people etc...... they live in a different world then us.  They have different sets of rules.  They treat people differently and get away with it.  

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 1:21 PM
posted by iclfan2

Believe it or not, I've actually seen some really liberal people completely incensed by Biden's past with women and children.  They have straight-up called him a predator.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 2:05 PM
posted by iclfan2

When was this?  "Dementia" would be a convenient defense, but then that would mean dropping out of the race.

I guess that's how Cuomo could get the nomination if Biden had a majority but then withdrew for health reasons.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 2:16 PM
posted by O-Trap

Believe it or not, I've actually seen some really liberal people completely incensed by Biden's past with women and children.  They have straight-up called him a predator.

Yeah, I've seen that a lot from the more prog voices who were looking for Bernie or maybe Warren. At least, I'm pretty sure it's NOT conservatives saying that Biden is basically Trump moved a little bit to the left.

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 3:25 PM

Biden will not see a convention void of challengers.  The DNC is rigging this for sure.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 3:30 PM
posted by Spock

Biden will not see a convention void of challengers.  The DNC is rigging this for sure.

That would be a hell of a trick because Biden is well on his way to winning a majority of delegates.  There's very little margin for error - Biden and Bernie would have to be an almost dead heat for both to come up short of a majority.

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 5:52 PM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, I've seen that a lot from the more prog voices who were looking for Bernie or maybe Warren. At least, I'm pretty sure it's NOT conservatives saying that Biden is basically Trump moved a little bit to the left.

Nope.  No conservative would put Biden that close to Trump in either category ... even the ones not choking on Trump's knob.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 8:24 PM
posted by gut

I guess that's how Cuomo could get the nomination if Biden had a majority but then withdrew for health reasons.

Odd, considering in comparison to the little troll from Ohio, he's completely botched this crisis. Slow on the draw on every step.

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 10:23 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

[...] the little troll from Ohio [...]

LOL

gut Senior Member
Fri, Mar 27, 2020 10:46 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Odd, considering in comparison to the little troll from Ohio, he's completely botched this crisis. Slow on the draw on every step.

Yeah, he started out pointing fingers like a good Democrat but mainly to deflect blame (despite the fact that WA and CA had it sooner, and now have like 1/10th the cases of NY).  Then played nice for a few days, then started pointing fingers again about the time people started hinting at a Presidential run.

He and Dablabbio keep complaining about the lack of resources, while some of their own existing resources sit idle not being utilized.  What they're really trying to do is seize and hoard the govt stockpile for themselves.  They've been there a while to have figured this out, but pretty clearly they ignored it because, like most progressives, they incorrectly believe something like this is on the federal govt. 

Unlike Trump, who pretty much is at the mercy of whatever his predecessors did to prepare for this.  Although, Trump DID have 3.5 years.  But the shortcomings I've seen in the federal response so far isn't something that really could have been avoided.  I'd agree that the only thing Cuomo has excelled at in this crisis is talking loudly and confidently to project a false sense of competence and control.

Sat, Mar 28, 2020 8:33 AM
posted by gut

Yeah, he started out pointing fingers like a good Democrat but mainly to deflect blame (despite the fact that WA and CA had it sooner, and now have like 1/10th the cases of NY).  Then played nice for a few days, then started pointing fingers again about the time people started hinting at a Presidential run.

He and Dablabbio keep complaining about the lack of resources, while some of their own existing resources sit idle not being utilized.  What they're really trying to do is seize and hoard the govt stockpile for themselves.  They've been there a while to have figured this out, but pretty clearly they ignored it because, like most progressives, they incorrectly believe something like this is on the federal govt. 

Unlike Trump, who pretty much is at the mercy of whatever his predecessors did to prepare for this.  Although, Trump DID have 3.5 years.  But the shortcomings I've seen in the federal response so far isn't something that really could have been avoided.  I'd agree that the only thing Cuomo has excelled at in this crisis is talking loudly and confidently to project a false sense of competence and control.

At least you don't seem to be looking at it through a partisan lens. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Mar 28, 2020 5:13 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

At least you don't seem to be looking at it through a partisan lens. 

No one's surprised that's your take.  I'd suggest I'm not the one seeing his actions thru a partisan lens.  He admitted today he IS trying to stockpile.  And his little pissing contest with the feds - who are thinking of all 50 states, not just NY - is clearly political.

Cuomo is trying desperately to not look like the worst governor in 50 states handling this crisis.  But the reality is NY cases are increasing at 2-3X the rate of any other state.  The reality is WA and CA had it worse, and sooner, and are not spiraling out of control like NY.

Sat, Mar 28, 2020 6:54 PM
posted by gut

No one's surprised that's your take.  I'd suggest I'm not the one seeing his actions thru a partisan lens.  He admitted today he IS trying to stockpile.  And his little pissing contest with the feds - who are thinking of all 50 states, not just NY - is clearly political.

Cuomo is trying desperately to not look like the worst governor in 50 states handling this crisis.  But the reality is NY cases are increasing at 2-3X the rate of any other state.  The reality is WA and CA had it worse, and sooner, and are not spiraling out of control like NY.

Cuomo's in a very difficult situation. Trump is too. I think they are both doing well considering. It's just interesting how you blame Deblasio and Cuomo (Democrats) and then say Trump is blameless, but if he does have failings, it's the fault of his predecessor (Democrat). 

That seems partisan to me. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login