2020 Presidential Election thread

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 8:21 AM

I cant wait to see one of the Dems defend killing a 38 week old bably on national TV during a debate.  

It would be so easy to destroy one of these Dems in a debate.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 10:38 AM

Sherrod Brown might be throwing his hat in the ring. 

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 10:50 AM

Today's hot take from Blue Check Mark Twitter:

Howard Schultz isn't "self made," since he grew up in government-funded housing projects.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 11:01 AM
posted by fish82

Howard Schultz isn't "self made," since he grew up in government-funded housing projects.

Did he pay taxes on the imputed value of his free housing?

Oh wait, not only do you get free income and all your expenses paid, you don’t have to pay taxes on any of it.  We’ll just steal the money from the productive labor of others to cover it.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 11:19 AM
posted by fish82

Laughed a lot at this. The media literally hates anyone who isn't a "democrat". Praise AOC for lying about being poor and from the Bronx, and shit on Shultz who was actually poor and LITERALLY got rich himself. And now hate him for having so much money. Do they hate Oprah now too?

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 11:40 AM
posted by iclfan2

Laughed a lot at this. The media literally hates anyone who isn't a "democrat". Praise AOC for lying about being poor and from the Bronx, and shit on Shultz who was actually poor and LITERALLY got rich himself. And now hate him for having so much money. Do they hate Oprah now too?

Yes: https://twitter.com/BridgetPhetasy/status/1090889500815835139

So, people who hate billionaires, I have a question--if Oprah ran for president, would you call her a greedy sociopath for amassing a fortune too?

Everyone on this tweet smugly saying “yes”: Please explain why a self-made black woman is a sociopath b/c she made as much money as the richest white dudes. So intersectionality ends where wealth begins? And where is that? How many millions are acceptably “moral”?

Some of the people replying in this thread are nuts! 

Belly35 Elderly Intellectual
10,015 posts 56 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 11:45 AM
posted by BRF

Sherrod Brown might be throwing his hat in the ring. 

Perfect I will fill it with shit and throw it back at him ....  He is a worthless 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 12:20 PM
posted by Belly35

Perfect I will fill it with shit and throw it back at him ....  He is a worthless 

Class act

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 1:11 PM

He probably will puss out and back out with an apology tour, but the left getting rattled by Howard Schultz is hilarious.  In 2016 it would be a comedy sketch to portray the Starbucks CEO as a non-progressive/non-leftist. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 1:13 PM
posted by like_that

He probably will puss out and back out with an apology tour, but the left getting rattled by Howard Schultz is hilarious.  In 2016 it would be a comedy sketch to portray the Starbucks CEO as a non-progressive/non-leftist. 

The jealousy of rich people is quite a sight to see.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 2:04 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Yes: https://twitter.com/BridgetPhetasy/status/1090889500815835139

So, people who hate billionaires, I have a question--if Oprah ran for president, would you call her a greedy sociopath for amassing a fortune too?

Everyone on this tweet smugly saying “yes”: Please explain why a self-made black woman is a sociopath b/c she made as much money as the richest white dudes. So intersectionality ends where wealth begins? And where is that? How many millions are acceptably “moral”?

Some of the people replying in this thread are nuts! 

Quite literally

Fri, Feb 1, 2019 9:59 AM

According to the AP, it's official. Cory Booker has launched!

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Feb 1, 2019 10:33 AM

Checking in to see if any more Marxists (parading around as democrats) have announced.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 1, 2019 12:22 PM

Seeing so much crap on twitter about how our economic system is completely immoral because of the existence of billionaires. JFC. "They're hoarding money like Scrooge McDuck!" 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 1, 2019 12:29 PM
posted by iclfan2

The jealousy of rich people is quite a sight to see.

I think Dems would probably love it if Tom Steyer ran, as a Democrat.  Then again, that party has gone so all-in with identity politics that a rich "old" white guy is clearly toxic.

But the truth is, the left only bitches about "corporate greed", rich people, etc... when they disagree with the policy.  They LOVED Elon Musk, right up until about the time he had the audacity to suggest maybe we need a new, more objective news media.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Feb 1, 2019 12:32 PM
posted by justincredible

Seeing so much crap on twitter about how our economic system is completely immoral because of the existence of billionaires. JFC. "They're hoarding money like Scrooge McDuck!" 

I sort of would like to see the left implement all these taxes on the obscenely rich.....so finally the average joe would look at $500B+ deficits and realize "wait a minute, we really can't afford all this unless they come for MY MONEY next!!!!"

It is the most underhanded and deceptive lie out there that the rich just need to pay "their fair share" and then everyone can get all this free stuff.  Everywhere something like that is held up as a model, the average joe pays MUCH HIGHER taxes.  All this stuff loses popular support, by wide margin, when people realize it isn't actually free.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 1, 2019 12:52 PM
posted by gut

I sort of would like to see the left implement all these taxes on the obscenely rich.....so finally the average joe would look at $500B+ deficits and realize "wait a minute, we really can't afford all this unless they come for MY MONEY next!!!!"

It is the most underhanded and deceptive lie out there that the rich just need to pay "their fair share" and then everyone can get all this free stuff.  Everywhere something like that is held up as a model, the average joe pays MUCH HIGHER taxes.  All this stuff loses popular support, by wide margin, when people realize it isn't actually free.

Yeah, the 90%/70% tax thing might sound good and all if you don't think about it for more than, I don't know, 0.1 seconds, but if I was super-rich and that super-richness was in part due to something I'd created or a service I was providing, something tells me that the minute my taxes exploded upwards, I'd be going pure Pharma-Bro on people, raising my prices to astronomical levels in an "If I'm getting gouged, everyone is!" tactic. Either that or shutting shit down (whoops, loss of jobs; what an UNEXPECTED side effect!) and retiring with my savings (or starting something up again) in a country that's being a bit more fiscally reasonable about things.

Fri, Feb 1, 2019 12:58 PM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, the 90%/70% tax thing might sound good and all if you don't think about it for more than, I don't know, 0.1 seconds, but if I was super-rich and that super-richness was in part due to something I'd created or a service I was providing, something tells me that the minute my taxes exploded upwards, I'd be going pure Pharma-Bro on people,

First time I heard/saw this... I laughed! 

gut Senior Member
Fri, Feb 1, 2019 12:58 PM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, the 90%/70% tax thing might sound good and all if you don't think about it for more than, I don't know, 0.1 seconds, but if I was super-rich and that super-richness was in part due to something I'd created or a service I was providing, something tells me that the minute my taxes exploded upwards, I'd be going pure Pharma-Bro on people, raising my prices to astronomical levels

Maybe.  The super-rich probably would just say "screw it" and start selling their companies.

And either way, I'm sure MANY are already taking steps to offshore and shield their wealth.  If I was worth $1B and Pelosi is coming at me with a 3% annual wealth tax, then I renounce my citizenship.  Good luck getting my money.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Feb 1, 2019 2:04 PM
posted by justincredible

*Posting thru iPhone founded/owned by billionares on social media pages owned/founded by billionares*  "Teh BillIonares aRe" 

*Takes loan out from bank to start a business, buy a house, or pay for tuition* "seLfiSh anD JusT hOardiNg"

*Receives biweekly paycheck from employer owned by a billionare* "ALL tEh MoniEs!!"

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login