2020 Presidential Election thread

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 3:59 PM
posted by geeblock

So stating historical fact is now praising someone? Lee was beating the North until Gettysburg. That is historical fact. Its not like he said "and Lee was a great person".

You don't want to die on that hill, that is a weak dig on Trump. He has plenty to make fun of him for or whatever but this one is stupid.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 4:03 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

This is 2020, I wouldn't rule anything out. 

Plus, Trump supporters have been violent over the last 4 years..come on remember Charlottesville? 

If you really want to compare the violence in Charlottesville vs what we are seeing now....then you have stepped off the deep end of the left side of the aisle.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 4:18 PM
posted by jmog

So stating historical fact is now praising someone? Lee was beating the North until Gettysburg. That is historical fact. Its not like he said "and Lee was a great person".

You don't want to die on that hill, that is a weak dig on Trump. He has plenty to make fun of him for or whatever but this one is stupid.

What is he stating it for? Did you listen to it live? Basically lamenting that the south lost the war Jesus Christ 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:16 PM

Debate topics

The Trump and Biden Records- Trump wins

The Supreme Court- Toss up , leaning Trump

Covid-19- Biden wins

The Economy- Trump wins

Race and Violence in our Cities- Trump Wins

The Integrity of the Election- Toss up

​​​​​

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:18 PM
posted by geeblock

What is he stating it for? Did you listen to it live? Basically lamenting that the south lost the war Jesus Christ 

I read the quote you gave. If there was more you should post a link so we can view the whole thing in context.

I highly doubt he was lamenting that the south lost. Seriously? Unless he outright said that, then you have found even a worse hill to die on.

geeblock Member
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:33 PM
posted by jmog

I read the quote you gave. If there was more you should post a link so we can view the whole thing in context.

I highly doubt he was lamenting that the south lost. Seriously? Unless he outright said that, then you have found even a worse hill to die on.

A few posts later icl asked for the link and I gave it..I just think there are more important things for him to be talking About 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:47 PM
posted by superman

It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It's the Supreme Court of the United States. It's not the make a wish foundation

hah! I actually said that same thing very early this morning

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 7:33 PM
posted by jmog

If you really want to compare the violence in Charlottesville vs what we are seeing now....then you have stepped off the deep end of the left side of the aisle.

If you think violence is just on the left, you are in denial. All I was saying is violence is prevelant on both ends of the political spectrum. To deny it is to deny the crazy political times we live in. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 7:48 PM

We should just bring back duels.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 9:30 PM
posted by justincredible

But let's make it a Best of 7....

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 9:47 PM

If you think violence is just on the left, you are in denial. All I was saying is violence is prevelant on both ends of the political spectrum. To deny it is to deny the crazy political times we live in. 

You’re still wrong. It’s heavily one sided on the left. It’s literally on video. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 22, 2020 11:47 PM
posted by justincredible

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by like_that

Also, are people really taking the “RBG’s dying wish” story at face value? I give it about 5% chance this actually happened.  If that was her dying wish, then that is very sad.

Dying wish or not it doesn't matter. It's not up to her. I'd imagine her wish was for Biden to win but we still have to have an election lol 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Sep 23, 2020 10:06 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Dying wish or not it doesn't matter. It's not up to her. I'd imagine her wish was for Biden to win but we still have to have an election lol 

Yes, I agree it does not matter.  I am just pointing out how people so easily accept unverified reports, especially when it fits their agenda.  Yes,  inb4 blah blah it happens on both sides. 

There is definitely a blurred line between skepticism/cynicism, but if anyone is accepting news (or politicians) at face value these days, then they can't be helped.  

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Sep 23, 2020 10:11 AM
posted by like_that

Yes, I agree it does not matter.  I am just pointing out how people so easily accept unverified reports, especially when it fits their agenda.  Yes,  inb4 blah blah it happens on both sides. 

There is definitely a blurred line between skepticism/cynicism, but if anyone is accepting news (or politicians) at face value these days, then they can't be helped.  

Yeah I get what you're saying.

Also this whole mess with confirming a Justice.... Did anyone honestly think The Republicans meant what they said? Does anyone honestly think the Democrats wouldn't be blocking if they had majority? Does anyone honestly think there is a politician who isn't full of shit?  It just seems shocking to me that others are shocked that politicians are hypocrites. They've gotten where they are by being one lol. 

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 23, 2020 1:47 PM

Seems to me the path to losing the election for trump would be to threaten roe vs wade. This election is going to hinge on white   women imo

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 23, 2020 1:54 PM
posted by gut

But let's make it a Best of 7....

Unless the left loses in 7; then they'll want best of 9, or 11 ....

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 23, 2020 1:56 PM

The nightly violence in Portland for over 100 consecutive nights is 99.9% radical leftists.  Same with Seattle, New York, Chicago, D.C. and on and on.  Not sure how you can even write what you wrote.

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 3:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

You’re still wrong. It’s heavily one sided on the left. It’s literally on video. 

I am not just talking Charlottesville here  I am speaking about the last 4 and 5 years about the violence by right wing and left wing groups. You cannot ignore the rise of right wing violence as well as left wing violence since 2016. 

On Charlottesville, I guess you just forgot what happened throughout the day...I didn't as I have family that is down there and remember it very fucking well. 

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 3:04 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Yeah, I agree the statement did not matter, but to dismiss it as fake is just so fucking cynical. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login