2017 NFL chatter, continued...

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 7:45 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

How can anyone root for the dirty POS  Steelers? What a bunch of scumbags. 

Its plays like that where when we see Roethlisberger tears his knee in half we’ll all cheer. 

Bengals are almost as bad but Superman is correct, the Steelers have a dirty culture. Last night was just what James Harrison has been doing for years. Granted, he doesn't really do it anymore because he can't get to the QB as fast on his Rascal as he used to. But I agree, most people outside of Pittsburgh fans would likely chuckle if Roethlisberger suffered a career ending injury, for several reasons.

This game, outside of the fact that both teams hate each other, is slowly morphing into a non-rivalry. I think Pittsburgh's won 9 of the last 10. Kind of slipping towards a "Steelers/Browns-like" rivalry.....one sided.

I will say that I wished the Browns defense played with the type of "edge" these two teams do, minus the targeting to do intentional harm.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 9:23 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I think to myself that there's no way they can't fire him today, knowing they won't.

I really do think it'll be after the season, but the sad part is it'll be Marvin's doing. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 9:32 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I really do think it'll be after the season, but the sad part is it'll be Marvin's doing. 

And Hue Jackson will replace him.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 9:35 AM
posted by superman

Iloka needs to be suspended too.  He headhunts way too much.

The one to AB was really bad. He should’ve had a personal foul earlier in the game too.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 9:39 AM
posted by BR1986FB

And Hue Jackson will replace him.

You could replace him for all I care, as long as someone does. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 9:44 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

You could replace him for all I care, as long as someone does. 

That's what I've been hearing all along. If Hue gets fired it could set off a domino effect where Marvin gets canned and Hue slides right into his place ala Mangini when he was hired by the Browns (not unemployed for long).

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 10:44 AM

Ugly game in multiple ways, but a win. Keeps the team three up on Baltimore and eliminates the Bengals, effectively. Hope the injured players aren't fucked up too badly and definitely hope future games don't devolve into the teams trading cheap shots at each other.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 11:22 AM

Big win last night.   Was a blast to be at even with the rain.    Bengals were taking it to them and that drive before half and getting 3 I think helped the   momentun.    

As Riddick said on Espn today...big hits are a part of the game and between re whistles he applauds them.    GRONK....idiotic play...after the play ends is garbage.

The hit on AB last night......fantastic hit and amazing he held on after a few passes he didn't hold onto.   He's going to the ground, drive defender going low.....hits like that just will happen.

A big 2 weeks ahead. ...hoping for at least a 1-1.  With that said....the defense is not good enough to win it all......even with Shazier

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 1:57 PM

JuJu and Iloka both suspended 1 game. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 2:14 PM

No surprise; figured they'd both get something and if Gronk only got one game for cheap-shotting a dude after the play was complete when the guy was laying prone on the ground, there was no way someone would get more for bad hits during actual football plays.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 2:43 PM
posted by Heretic

No surprise; figured they'd both get something and if Gronk only got one game for cheap-shotting a dude after the play was complete when the guy was laying prone on the ground, there was no way someone would get more for bad hits during actual football plays.

GRONK only got one because of the match up with the Steelers.  I think they only shoulda been fined and of course the on field penalty.  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Dec 5, 2017 9:49 PM
posted by thavoice

Big win last night.   Was a blast to be at even with the rain.    Bengals were taking it to them and that drive before half and getting 3 I think helped the   momentun.    

As Riddick said on Espn today...big hits are a part of the game and between re whistles he applauds them.    GRONK....idiotic play...after the play ends is garbage.

The hit on AB last night......fantastic hit and amazing he held on after a few passes he didn't hold onto.   He's going to the ground, drive defender going low.....hits like that just will happen.

A big 2 weeks ahead. ...hoping for at least a 1-1.  With that said....the defense is not good enough to win it all......even with Shazier

Your NFL “boycott” sure lasted long. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 12:41 PM

Iloka’s suspension overturned? Surprised. NFL doesn’t know what message they want to send.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 12:50 PM

Was listening to Sirius NFL and a few of those guys feel that, unless they start getting their crap together, the Pittsburgh/Cincy game could be the "beginning of the end" for the NFL. That stuff was way out of hand. I know that's how the game used to be played but it's a lot different now.

I know one thing, the next time Pittsburgh plays Cincy, Smith-Schuster might want to sit that one out or they might be sweeping his head up into a bag off the field after that lunatic Burfict tries to even the score.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 12:55 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Was listening to Sirius NFL and a few of those guys feel that, unless they start getting their crap together, the Pittsburgh/Cincy game could be the "beginning of the end" for the NFL. That stuff was way out of hand. I know that's how the game used to be played but it's a lot different now.

I know one thing, the next time Pittsburgh plays Cincy, Smith-Schuster might want to sit that one out or they might be sweeping his head up into a bag off the field after that lunatic Burfict tries to even the score.

lol....no. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 1:00 PM
posted by Automatik

lol....no. 

Yeah, I wouldn't be so sure. It's already starting at the grass roots level where less & less parents are letting their kids play because of the CTE issues. I predict that in 20-30 years the game will either be gone or will be a significantly different version of what it is today.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 1:08 PM

The media says stuff like the bolded line everytime someone gets injured or there is an ugly game...for years and people eat it up. When the NFL (and NCAA) start taking significant hits regarding revenue, then I'll start buying it. 

Youth participipation has also been on the decline for years, but it's still there. It's going to take a long long time for that to translate to the NFL. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 3:54 PM

PREACH!

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/938509336242020352

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 4:00 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

PREACH!

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/938509336242020352

It won’t let me click on it

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010