2017 NFL chatter, continued...

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 4:24 PM

It worked. I loved almost everything he said AND how he said it. The incident with Eifert may be true but as a Steelers fan I think Mike Mitchell is their dirtiest player. Dude has had a lot of dumbass personal fouls in his Steelers time. Between his dirtiness and his inability to be very good....he might be my least favorite player on the team 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 10:20 PM
posted by Ironman92

It worked. I loved almost everything he said AND how he said it. The incident with Eifert may be true but as a Steelers fan I think Mike Mitchell is their dirtiest player. Dude has had a lot of dumbass personal fouls in his Steelers time. Between his dirtiness and his inability to be very good....he might be my least favorite player on the team 

He's from Ohio U, and therefore, above criticism!!!!

Seriously, he's so right that you know he'll be fined, suspended and personally shot in the head by GODdell. I agree that player safety should be SERIOUS BUSINESS, but you see it in college and pro ball. Bad passes cause receivers to extend in an unpredictable manner and the defender gets flagged or target-ejected (college) as a result. A running back drops his level quickly either on his own volition or because someone else tripped him up and the eventual hit from a defender who's already committed to his tackle turns into a flag. The league has no idea how to stop something that often is part of the game, regardless of how ugly the potential consequences are, so they wind up being inconsistent as hell.

I'm not saying this because of NE, because NE kicks Pittsburgh's ass whether he's healthy or unavailable, but Gronk should have been suspended for multiple games if you're suspending (whether they're lifted or not) players for 1 game for illegal hits that take place within the frame of the play, where the action can be too quick for players to decommit from potential head collisions. Hell, to give an example that doesn't work with my personal Steelers bias, look at that one play by Bell where he danced the sideline and Cincy let him get by because their guys seemed afraid to hit him because they thought he was out and probably didn't want flagged for a late hit.

tl;dr version: Safety is important, but both college and NFL are so clueless with their "if this happens, this HAS to happen" black-and-white judgements that they're ruining the sport as a viewing and playing experience.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 6, 2017 10:40 PM

Agreed with all of the above and Mitchell. They sign up for it, they know the risks, let them play unless it’s egregious. The Gronk play should have been suspended more than 1 game if Schuster got one for taunting a guy he hit during a football play. And unless it is launching upward with the crown of the helmet, I don’t think helmet to helmet should always be a penalty like the situations referenced above. I do think their should be harsher penalties for obvious, malicious fouls though.

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 7:55 AM

College football is clueless with their ridiculous targeting ejections and NFL has no clue what message they are sending.

I think Gronk deserved a game...maybe two but just a couple weeks earlier Evans or someone did similar to Gronk and he got 1 game. Gronk maybe a game and a fine.

Pretty clear Juju should be fined for taunting but the suspension seems very silly as that play happened. Iloka launched himself at AB’s head with no doubt his intention.

Juju killed Burfict as Burfict has killed AB, Shazier killed someone, Iloka killed AB

Just stop it before AB gets killed for real.

if I’m Goodell before next Bengals/Steelers game...they would know in advance that fines and suspensions would be unprecedented and they better clean their asses up or else.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 11:23 AM
posted by like_that

Your NFL “boycott” sure lasted long. 

I said I would boycott?   Idon't recall saying that or even thinking about it.   

I don't agree with the protests but respect their rights to do it

thavoice Senior Member
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 11:26 AM
posted by Ironman92

Iloka’s suspension overturned? Surprised. NFL doesn’t know what message they want to send.

Surprised too but I don't believe he should have been suspended at all.

Think Shuster didn't get his overturned because of the taunting?

See tho nfl is looking to do the college version of targeting.....hell no.   I've seen too many college players get ejected on bs calls 

bigdaddy2003 Senior Member
7,560 posts 12 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 1:18 PM

Ironman, I'm pumped for Sunday night.

CoA, are you going to hold up your end of our bet? Ha

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 1:27 PM
posted by bigdaddy2003

Ironman, I'm pumped for Sunday night.

CoA, are you going to hold up your end of our bet? Ha

Absolutely. Correct me if I'm wrong, bet was for Avatar of winners chosing from playoffs through SB right?

Thu, Dec 7, 2017 1:33 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Absolutely. Correct me if I'm wrong, bet was for Avatar of winners chosing from playoffs through SB right?

I think that is correct. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 1:52 PM
posted by bigdaddy2003

I think that is correct. 

Sweet, get to pondering what avatar you'd like for me.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 1:57 PM

Avatar bet on Steelers-Ravens game?

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 2:15 PM
posted by justincredible

Avatar bet on Steelers-Ravens game?

No it was a Browns wins or Browns wins vs Ravens win.

BigDaddy....I just want the Steelers to come out without injury but it would be nice to knock Ravens back again and hurt their inevitable playoff chances....but I sit here knowing the Ravens have found their way and will somehow get seeded and win first round game so they can face again in playoffs. Or Steelers lose this week and next to Patriots and then lose tie breaker with Jville and get #3 seed and Ravens get #6 seed.

i just don’t like playing the Ravens.

thavoice Senior Member
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 2:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

BigDaddy....I just want the Steelers to come out without injury but it would be nice to knock Ravens back again and hurt their inevitable playoff chances....but I sit here knowing the Ravens have found their way and will somehow get seeded and win first round game so they can face again in playoffs. Or Steelers lose this week and next to Patriots and then lose tie breaker with Jville and get #3 seed and Ravens get #6 seed.

Always a rough game.  After that MNF game and the pats the next week I'm expecting 2 losses.  Shazier and juju out.......just does not bode well.   They say anything on tv about BR going to the locker room late in the 3rd?  If it wasn't the night game I'd likely go

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Dec 7, 2017 11:39 PM

What was Payton doing? Lost a couple seconds on the slow timeout awarding.

oh well.

Huge win by Falcons and Deion Jones was incredible. Can’t believe Quinn declines the penalty...should’ve really backfired and at worst would’ve been way less time to tie or win....but Brees terrible pass and IMO terrible play call not to work clock down a bit.

Fri, Dec 8, 2017 12:41 AM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah, I'm impressed this season may end up meaning something with how they looked 4 or 5 weeks ago. I'll gladly take a wild card at this point. 

I am sure there will be multiple injuries Sunday night, per the usual.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 7:54 AM
posted by Ironman92

It won’t let me click on it

Its a video clip of dumbass Mike Bitchell being a dumbass do consider yourself lucky.  Although I'm going to save it and post on Twitter everytime a Steelers fan cries about Tez being a big meany.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 9:45 AM
posted by thavoice

Shazier and juju out.......just does not bode well. 

From what they were saying on Sirius XM yesterday, sounds like there's a chance Shazier's career is over.

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 9:57 AM
posted by superman

Its a video clip of dumbass Mike Bitchell being a dumbass do consider yourself lucky.  Although I'm going to save it and post on Twitter everytime a Steelers fan cries about Tez being a big meany.  

I’ve opened it and already commented...have fun on twitter

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 11:42 AM
posted by superman

Said by the guy who thought JuJu should have gotten three games, lol.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 11:45 AM

Mitchell was spot on, I'm sure most logical fans would agree. 

Regarding Shazier, really sucks...I doubt we see him play again. He had spinal stabilization surgery, involving hardware. I don't see how you can come back from that. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login