2017 NFL chatter, continued...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 11:49 AM
posted by Automatik

Mitchell was spot on, I'm sure most logical fans would agree. 

Regarding Shazier, really sucks...I doubt we see him play again. He had spinal stabilization surgery, involving hardware. I don't see how you can come back from that. 

Yeah, right now, I think the more important concerns would be "be able to walk and/or lead a quality life in the future", rather than "play in the NFL". Hell, even if this was directly comparable to Tommy Maddox like people were guessing afterwards, Maddox was a QB. QBs take hits, but not every offensive play. Shazier is a LB. Every single play, he'd either be hitting someone or at least putting effort into hitting someone, making it less likely he'd be able to come back even if the injury was equal to Maddox's and not worse.

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 12:19 PM
posted by Ironman92

It worked. I loved almost everything he said AND how he said it. The incident with Eifert may be true but as a Steelers fan I think Mike Mitchell is their dirtiest player. Dude has had a lot of dumbass personal fouls in his Steelers time. Between his dirtiness and his inability to be very good....he might be my least favorite player on the team 

Bengals station played the audio of it last night.   We caught it part way through and I was with a Bengals fan.........he agreed 100 per cent. ..until he heard whom said it.

The former player, Rocky boiman..agreed with much but their host who hates pitts didn't agree but Ibet if ioki had said it he would agree.

Rough game last night.  Head scratching moments on both sides

thavoice Senior Member
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 12:21 PM
posted by Automatik

Mitchell was spot on, I'm sure most logical fans would agree. 

Regarding Shazier, really sucks...I doubt we see him play again. He had spinal stabilization surgery, involving hardware. I don't see how you can come back from that. 

I concur.   I was optimistic until in heard he surgery.  He ain't playing again

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 2:24 PM

Damn, that sucks about Shazier.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 5:15 PM

Vikings schedule has been tough last 4 weeks. Beat Rams by 17, won @Lions, won @ Atlanta and this week are at Carolina.

have already beaten Saints and have played @Pittsburgh and Ravens

Last 3 weeks are a good bit easier

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 9:09 PM
posted by Heretic

Said by the guy who thought JuJu should have gotten three games, lol.

Only because he tried to do it again.   Sorry your team is dirty

Heretic Son of the Sun
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 9:38 PM
posted by superman

Only because he tried to do it again.   Sorry your team is dirty

Maybe even #2 behind yours!

Mulva Senior Member
13,797 posts 54 reps Joined Nov 2009
superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 9, 2017 9:43 AM
posted by Heretic

Maybe even #2 behind yours!

I agree totally. Marvin has no control over idiots like Burfict and Iloka and he needs to go for that reason.  The big difference is everyone acknowledges the Bengals are dirty but the Steelers have this reputation as just playing hard nosed football.  

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 9, 2017 10:48 AM
posted by superman

I agree totally. Marvin has no control over idiots like Burfict and Iloka and he needs to go for that reason.  The big difference is everyone acknowledges the Bengals are dirty but the Steelers have this reputation as just playing hard nosed football.  

It's refereshing to see a fan of a dirty team admit his team is dirty. All my Steeler friends keep mentioning how dirty Burfict is, how he deserved it, how dirty the Bengals are...never admit that thier POS franchise is a culture of scumbags. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Dec 9, 2017 11:56 AM
posted by superman

I can agree with that; it's the difference between being a perennial power/network darling and not -- things get spun in your favor. Kind of like how Dallas gets "elite franchise" TV time even though they've been a pretty mediocre franchise for the last 20 years, where their most noteworthy attribute in reality is "How's Jerry gonna make an ass of his senile self this time?".

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Dec 9, 2017 9:20 PM

Interested in how many friends S&L has that are Steelers fans?

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 11:37 AM
posted by Ironman92

A lot. Almost all of my college buddies were from Pittsburgh and huge Steelers/Pens fans (notice no Pirates)

thavoice Senior Member
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 12:43 PM
posted by Ironman92

Friends (plural) and sports lady, does not compute.

Mitchellis def a dirty player but my h of what He said is legit.    We all want nasty guys on our defense.   It's the NFL.    

You want guys who get right up to that line.   Burfict gets ultra scrutinized.   Warranted abit but much of it over exaggerated and that makes him a target for refs.

If he could clean up his dumb penalties, he hit BR late right?, then I'd take him in our defense

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 1:15 PM

I’ll guess about 6-7 AFC teams and their fans will be hoping the Steelers win tonight. If Ravens win that last WC spot will be plugging up a great deal. If Jags win they’ll root for Ravens I imagine hoping they can snatch the #2 seed...but Ravens losing would almost guarantee they and a winning Titans team are in the playoffs.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 1:24 PM

AJ Green doesn’t GAF anymore and I don’t really blame him.

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 2:33 PM

Did anyone see Tom Savage have some sort of seizure or something after getting hit? 

https://twitter.com/taylortwellman/status/939939952657424384

thavoice Senior Member
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:09 PM

Congrats to the Browns on a good win today.    Amazing what happens when you get a talented player, Gordon, on the field and someone in the front office with some balls who holds players accountable.

Future is bright with finally having competency drafting players and a lot of stock piled picks and cap space.  

Likely not next year but I see them contending in 2 seasons.   Steelers window will slam shut, Bengals are the bengals, and  the Browns will be competing vs the ravens for the North

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:12 PM

Browns might finish off any reason for Aaron Rodgers to return this season

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:21 PM
posted by thavoice

Congrats to the Browns on a good win today.    Amazing what happens when you get a talented player, Gordon, on the field and someone in the front office with some balls who holds players accountable.

Future is bright with finally having competency drafting players and a lot of stock piled picks and cap space.  

Likely not next year but I see them contending in 2 seasons.   Steelers window will slam shut, Bengals are the bengals, and  the Browns will be competing vs the ravens for the North

Fuck you

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login