Trump. The convicted felon

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 12:01 PM
posted by geeblock

What I can’t do is vote for a party that is trying to shove the Bible down my throat and make tons of unnecessary laws based upon their values. There are actual real problems as mentioned above and they spend all their time ranting and raving about things that largely don’t matter. 

Schools should hang the 10 Commandments right next to their pre-existing Pride flag. 

"Thou shall not kill" is what Dems like to call life affirming. 

Also if they are side by side - students can decide which one they want to prioritize. Can't get any more pro choice than that!

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 12:06 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's not a liberal or conservative idea to make a plan and then do it.

Mississippi is a poorer state than most and outshining them all when it comes to this problem. But yeah, let's frame it as a liberal vs conservative thing.

I’m with you and I’m genuinely interesting on hearing the solutions instead of the typical finger pointing. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 12:20 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Mississippi is a poorer state than most and outshining them all when it comes to this problem. But yeah, let's frame it as a liberal vs conservative thing.

As a former six year resident of Alabama, my opinion is there is less homelessness there because the cost of living is low and because people don’t generally want to be there.  People in AL vote republican with zero deviation.  I can assure you it is generally backward and the GOP ruling class is extremely corrupt.  Lack of greater amounts of homelessness has nothing to do with a grand GOP plan currently being executed well.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 12:49 PM
posted by Automatik

What is the conservative plan to remedy homelessness? 

The conservative plan is to bitch.

By the way its the "unhoused".

The left treats these people as they in some sort of temporary unfortunate state.  Like a less negative name for the state they are in.

These people typically fall into two categories:  Untreated severally mentally ill or an untreated severe addiction to hard drugs.  The solution lies not in the high levels of government.  It lies with the communities where these problems exist.  Typically they congregate in areas near where people with large amounts of wealth are.  Not in the rural countryside.

Its going to take dealing with people against their will who are not in a solid mental state.  Just what it is.  Its going to have to come from the local level.

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 1:20 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

As a former six year resident of Alabama, my opinion is there is less homelessness there because the cost of living is low and because people don’t generally want to be there.  People in AL vote republican with zero deviation.  I can assure you it is generally backward and the GOP ruling class is extremely corrupt.  Lack of greater amounts of homelessness has nothing to do with a grand GOP plan currently being executed well.

This doesn't refute in any way what I said, which was make a plan and then do it.

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 1:23 PM

Im starting to think that people don't know how to get to the politics forum. Otherwise how did a trump conviction thread turn into how to fix homelessness lol

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:21 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It’s 100 degrees in Mississippi most of the year you can’t be homeless there so bad example lol 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:37 PM
posted by geeblock

I don’t agree with everything on the dem side. I think we need to stop giving money to other countries while we have homeless people in every city. I think we need to address the border or fix a path of citizenship for people who want to come and work. 

What I can’t do is vote for a party that is trying to shove the Bible down my throat and make tons of unnecessary laws based upon their values. There are actual real problems as mentioned above and they spend all their time ranting and raving about things that largely don’t matter. 

I would agree with it wouldn’t matter if trump be comes president because he tends to not do much, however he did get 3 Supreme Court judges in there which ended up being a huge deal so nothing would suprise me at this point. 

When was the last time someone personally bothered you with a bible or something in the Bible?

majorspark Senior Member
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:52 PM
posted by geeblock

It’s 100 degrees in Mississippi most of the year you can’t be homeless there so bad example lol 

Maybe about a third of the year and only during the day.  Probably one of the best year round survivable climates for the "unhoused".

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 3:54 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Im starting to think that people don't know how to get to the politics forum. Otherwise how did a trump conviction thread turn into how to fix homelessness lol

Other than this thread and post your daily Wordle score this place is empty anyways. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 4:05 PM
posted by geeblock

Doesn't seem to bother the homeless living in LA and Vegas.

So, LOL, another geeblock logic fail.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 4:43 PM
posted by geeblock

So is SoCal, why are those cities facing homeless problems?

majorspark Senior Member
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 4:50 PM

But its a dry heat.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 5:51 PM
posted by majorspark

But it’s a dry heat.

Yeah, only hot as hell If you are out in it

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 7:16 PM
posted by Automatik

What is the conservative plan to remedy homelessness? 

Not a federal gov issue. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 8:23 PM
posted by geeblock

U think black people are going to vote for a guy who refers to them as “The Blacks” ?  Also what are you basing that statement on? 

Sorry, but anyone who believes Trump is “more racist” than Biden who has actually called black men super predators, has said that integrating schools creates racial jungles, and said if you don’t vote for him you aren’t black….

People who believe that are either morons are sheep that just follows whatever they are told to believe.

There are actual video records of Biden saying these things, none that I am aware of Trump calling black people any names at all. 

But yeah, Biden loves helping black people, or I mean super predators. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 8:29 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

This doesn't refute in any way what I said, which was make a plan and then do it.

You cited a study the held out Mississippi and Alabama as success stories on this topic.  Both are backward ass shitholes.  I wouldn’t look to either as an example for any topic.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 8:55 PM

Sometimes I feel like one of the least intelligent guys on this site and waste the most time on here, but then I read through this thread a bit and feel better about myself.

majorspark Senior Member
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 9:54 PM

You cited a study the held out Mississippi and Alabama as success stories on this topic.  Both are backward ass shitholes.  I wouldn’t look to either as an example for any topic.

Yet you choose to live in a backward ass shithole.  They should run you out on a rail.  As for me my dry bones will turn to dust right here in the great state of Ohio. 

Sat, Jun 29, 2024 10:47 PM

If they are shitholes, it's not because they have a vast number of tent cities and hundreds of employees whose sole job is to clean literal shit from sidewalks. 

You don't like those states and that's fine. I don't have any personal experience with them outside of airports. So it doesn't bother me whatsoever that they have some of the lowest amounts of homelessness.

You still haven't refuted anything. Maybe Google something so that we can continue the argument. Perhaps googling "how hard is it to make a plan and then carry out the plan" is a good start. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login