Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2024 10:33 PM

100%

1 down, 2 to go. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2024 10:48 PM

Trump's so clever, he's getting the Dems to destroy Democracy for him, willingly and happily!

In all seriousness, Hillary Clinton did basically the same thing with the Dossier...the DNC paid a $105k FINE for the FEC violation, and Hillary got an $8k fine.  But Trump could go to jail? Why didn't Bragg charge Hillary with the same crime as Trump?

I guess the upside is, when Trump gets elected and engages in a little quid pro quo, after an all-time great and enjoyable TDS meltdown, maybe some Repubs will get the stones to properly impeach him and his VP will become POTUS.  Just pray he doesn't pick Vance or Ramaswamy.

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 17 reps Joined Mar 2015
Thu, May 30, 2024 10:50 PM

he's gotten away with saying and doing shit for so long, I can't imagine the outcome of this case (or the other cases) will wind up with any serious repercussions.

There's still roughly 50% of the population out there willing to vote for the dude and if he wins, he'll just make everything disappear and pardon himself.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2024 11:06 PM

Trump's donation web site has crashed. I find it a bit disconcerting that so many people flooded the sure that it ended up crashing. I mean, really?

gut Senior Member
Fri, May 31, 2024 12:51 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Trump's donation web site has crashed. I find it a bit disconcerting that so many people flooded the sure that it ended up crashing. I mean, really?

LOL I'd consider donating to his legal fees if I could be assured it wouldn't be used as campaign funds.

I really and truly wish there was a way I could express my complete disgust for that kangaroo court without appearing to support Trump.

Fri, May 31, 2024 2:10 AM
posted by gut

LOL I'd consider donating to his legal fees if I could be assured it wouldn't be used as campaign funds.

I really and truly wish there was a way I could express my complete disgust for that kangaroo court without appearing to support Trump.

Well, I think most people can understand the concept of being critical of/against somebody or something doesn't naturally mean that you are *for* Trump. The ones who can't grasp the concept don't have much thought invested into much, anyway. 

Personally i'd rather donate money to my usual charities. But I guess this is a charity in a way, so who cares? Put your money where you want it.

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2024 7:35 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

These are people that would line up across 5th Avenue for the honor and privilege of being the one Trump shoots. And when the body hit the pavement those remaining would exclaim "shoot me next!"

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2024 9:43 AM

They really got him this time!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, May 31, 2024 10:24 AM

He's about the only person I can think of who can say that this verdict works in his favor because of the blind loyalty of his acolytes.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2024 10:35 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

He's about the only person I can think of who can say that this verdict works in his favor because of the blind loyalty of his acolytes.

Unless you're blind to all the facts in the case and how the trial was brought and then ran in a no-win venue, then I suppose one might concede your statement.  Look for this kangaroo court ruling to be overturned on appeal, fairly quickly.  Right now there are CLEARLY two sets of justice in this country, and unless rectified soon it will rip us apart for good.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, May 31, 2024 11:04 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Unless you're blind to all the facts in the case and how the trial was brought and then ran in a no-win venue, then I suppose one might concede your statement.  Look for this kangaroo court ruling to be overturned on appeal, fairly quickly.  Right now there are CLEARLY two sets of justice in this country, and unless rectified soon it will rip us apart for good.  

Right.  

gut Senior Member
Fri, May 31, 2024 11:07 AM

I wouldn't expect this to be overturned or vacated.  I think the best Trump can hope for is an appeals court to declare a mistrial.  And then Bragg would probably love to re-try it immediately ahead of the election.

I see some analysts claiming NY doesn't have the power to bring a federal charge, but I'm not sure that was the case here.

Although it's definitely problematic to convict Trump of a state crime on the basis of violating a federal statute for which he was never charged, much less convicted.

Fri, May 31, 2024 11:17 AM

Well it IS NY, which has been historically known to have a corrupt court system lol!

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2024 11:21 AM

Did Trump do the things he was accused of? 

I am 90+% sure yes. 

Does every other real estate investor in NYC, every high up politician, etc do the same shit?

100% yes. 

Unless we are willing to put them all on trial, both sides of the aisle, all real estate investors, et al then Trump shouldn’t have been even indicted. 

They all deserve convictions/jail or none of them do.

That is why this was a political hunt and not an actual criminal hunt. 

I am NOT defending or “for” Trump by any means, just living in reality here. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2024 11:34 AM
posted by QuakerOats

True. It is a shame when a person who has lived his entire life living the "rich person; insulated from everything due to money" set of  justice has to actually deal with the "normal person; might get fucked over or saved just because of random peoples' whims" set of justice.

My main hope that likely won't come close to being fulfilled would be that this would remove one of the addled geriatrics from the ballot with the possibility of replacing him with someone more capable, considering that the main "advantage" both Biden and Trump have is that the other is their opponent. But with that not likely to happen because of how the general rule of DC is to circle the wagons around "their guys" regardless of how apathetic the general public grows to all this shit.

So, I'll just laugh about how you've spent about the entire life of this site posting on a wish-fulfillment thread I think you created about how "heads will roll" any day concerning all the Obamas, Clintons and other people you look at as political adversaries and all the stuff they'll get prosecuted for...and, well, ENJOY!

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2024 11:50 AM

I’ve been enjoying the meltdowns.

When will the GOP wise up and just say fuck this guy?

gut Senior Member
Fri, May 31, 2024 11:50 AM

I wonder if Trump will troll people by busting out a "prison orange" suit on the campaign trail.

Fri, May 31, 2024 12:21 PM
posted by Automatik

I’ve been enjoying the meltdowns.

When will the GOP wise up and just say fuck this guy?

Well, after the way this trial was conducted, surely even you know that the chances of what you want to happen - actually happening - is now zero. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login