Trump. The convicted felon

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 11:33 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Those are regurgitated talking points and generalizations.  

Oh, come now.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

A prejudiced judge, prejudiced prosecutor, and a jury (from a lib cesspool area) that has no idea what was even being charged. Something that has never been charged before in the same way. You’re gonna try and tell me some random joes off of the street are able to understand it? We’re just pretending now that juries are infallible? 

Remember when all of those 91 charges were "illegitimate"?? 

How is that working out?

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:34 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

The law involved was/is not at all complex.

I agree but the political pressure was quite complex. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:56 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

The law involved was/is not at all complex.

Getting them from misdemeanors to felonies seems complex since it’s never been used that way before.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 1:59 PM
posted by Automatik

Remember when all of those 91 charges were "illegitimate"?? 

How is that working out?

Working out great. Him being convicted was the best thing to happen to his campaign. Went from no chance of winning to very slim chance of winning. I wasn’t being serious when I said it, but I also don’t care. Hopefully the republicans stop being pussies and start using absurd views of laws to attack others, bc why not. 

I also have said I wish Trump went down with the Georgia case so DeSantis could have been the nominee, but that obv didn’t happen. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 2:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

Getting them from misdemeanors to felonies seems complex since it’s never been used that way before.

Expired misdemeanors.  So, even more so.  

Also, Bragg didn't prove or charge the predicate crime, which he claimed he wasn't required to do.  And so the jury didn't have to agree or rule on what that felony was that he tried to cover up with the accounting, just that a crime was committed (and don't know if it's true, but apparently were given a menu of choices.).  And that strikes me as very novel, because for example if you bring 10 charges, the jury has to agree unanimously on at least one charge for a conviction.  And that's probably why Bragg did it the way he did, because the jury can't otherwise say "you think he's guilty of this, and I think he's guilty of that, so he's guilty".

Without that, there is no felony, and even the business records charge reverts to a misdemeanor, which was past the statute of limitations.  So there literally would be no case.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 3:56 PM

So if u were on the jury regardless of whether u think he should be charged would u say guilty or not guilty? I also agree this could springboard him to win. It only helps not hurts. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:02 PM

Everyone knows what went down here.  The jurors, the judge, all of us.  Its not that complex.  Who is ok with this?  Make your case.  Others have.

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:05 PM
posted by geeblock

So if u were on the jury regardless of whether u think he should be charged would u say guilty or not guilty? I also agree this could springboard him to win. It only helps not hurts. 

If I was on this jury I would be scared shitless of loosing everything I had accomplished in life if I did not come the the right conclusion.

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:06 PM
posted by iclfan2

Hopefully the republicans stop being pussies and start using absurd views of laws to attack others, bc why not.

This is what it has unfortunately come to.

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:09 PM
posted by majorspark

If I was on this jury I would be scared shitless of loosing everything I had accomplished in life if I did not come the the right conclusion.

So u think he didn’t do it? 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:27 PM
posted by geeblock

So u think he didn’t do it? 

I have already posted on this as have others.  Make your case.

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:34 PM
posted by majorspark

I have already posted on this as have others.  Make your case.

I think he did it and bragged about it and doesn’t care. I don’t know any rational people that think it didn’t happen. Whether you agree if it should be charged or other people do it would be the only debate. Like I said I think it can only help his chances. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 4:59 PM
posted by geeblock

I think he did it and bragged about it and doesn’t care. I don’t know any rational people that think it didn’t happen. Whether you agree if it should be charged or other people do it would be the only debate. Like I said I think it can only help his chances. 

Biden v Trump you will not have to scroll far.  I think he did it and bragged about it.  Go on.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 5:08 PM
posted by majorspark

Biden v Trump you will not have to scroll far.  I think he did it and bragged about it.  Go on.

This should be good.  I don't recall ever hearing Trump brag about getting away with bookkeeping fraud, so I'm curious as to what crime geeblock thinks Trump is guilty of and what he thinks the charges were.

I consider myself to be a rational person, and I don't think Trump committed the crime he was accused of here.  I also think geeblock is talking about something completely different, and wrong, per usual.

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 5:20 PM

I should have put the "I think he did it and bragged about it" in quotes.  geeblocks words.  Interested in if he could back it up.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 5:50 PM
posted by majorspark

Everyone knows what went down here.  The jurors, the judge, all of us.  Its not that complex.  Who is ok with this?  Make your case.  Others have.

“Everyone” here I think would be better stated as “me and people who believe as I do”.  It’s interesting that everyone who disagrees with this seems to either forget that it was a jury verdict, or dismiss the opinion of the jurors because “everyone knows NYC is liberal”.  These same people seem to have developed deep expertise on jurisprudence, common law, and judicial records in only a few weeks.

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 6:09 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

“Everyone” here I think would be better stated as “me and people who believe as I do”.  It’s interesting that everyone who disagrees with this seems to either forget that it was a jury verdict, or dismiss the opinion of the jurors because “everyone knows NYC is liberal”.  These same people seem to have developed deep expertise on jurisprudence, common law, and judicial records in only a few weeks.

Impeached twice.  Now this.  I and others are not fucking fools.

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 7:06 PM

It can be debated if it’s a crime or not but what am I missing? He said multiple times that he did it and I it was a “legal expense “. I really don’t think he denied it ever. Even Jmog said of course he did it which is what most rational people believe. It’s perfectly fine to say it’s a political which hunt, but to say he didn’t do exactly what they said he did I just stupid. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 2, 2024 7:10 PM
posted by gut

This should be good.  I don't recall ever hearing Trump brag about getting away with bookkeeping fraud, so I'm curious as to what crime geeblock thinks Trump is guilty of and what he thinks the charges were.

I consider myself to be a rational person, and I don't think Trump committed the crime he was accused of here.  I also think geeblock is talking about something completely different, and wrong, per usual.

U think he didn’t pay stormy Daniel’s 150,000$? 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login