Trump. The convicted felon

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 10:48 PM
posted by Ironman92

Sometimes I feel like one of the least intelligent guys on this site and waste the most time on here, but then I read through this thread a bit and feel better about myself.

Need a hug or are you alright hugging yourself?

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 10:59 PM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah, only hot as hell If you are out in it

And you die quicker as moisture quickly evaporates from your body.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 166 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 29, 2024 11:23 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Need a hug or are you alright hugging yourself?

Just tell me which great candidate to vote for. I’m excited to see things improve!

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 12:02 AM
posted by Ironman92

Just tell me which great candidate to vote for. I’m excited to see things improve!

You won't like my answer lol

I'm writing in Spike Cohen right now, but thinking about Dave Smith a lot.

Edit:

I did say that I would vote for Trump only if he chose Tulsi as his VP. But he won't choose her so I'm safe.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jun 30, 2024 10:01 AM
posted by majorspark

Yet you choose to live in a backward ass shithole.  They should run you out on a rail.  As for me my dry bones will turn to dust right here in the great state of Ohio. 

I moved back to Ohio 3 years ago.  The only reason I was there was because of a job situation.

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 10:04 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If they are shitholes, it's not because they have a vast number of tent cities and hundreds of employees whose sole job is to clean literal shit from sidewalks. 

You don't like those states and that's fine. I don't have any personal experience with them outside of airports. So it doesn't bother me whatsoever that they have some of the lowest amounts of homelessness.

You still haven't refuted anything. Maybe Google something so that we can continue the argument. Perhaps googling "how hard is it to make a plan and then carry out the plan" is a good start. 

There aren’t tent cities because cheap housing is plentiful since demand is very low.

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 10:57 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

There aren’t tent cities because cheap housing is plentiful since demand is very low.

You can't stand it and I love it.

Sun, Jun 30, 2024 1:55 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You can't stand it and I love it.

Can’t stand what?

Mon, Jul 1, 2024 4:49 PM

So I guess Trump won the SC case, essentially giving a president a large amount of immunity.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 1, 2024 5:11 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So I guess Trump won the SC case, essentially giving a president a large amount of immunity.

Liberal justices be mad, and IMO undermining the credibility of the SCOTUS.  Ketanji Jackson appears to be a real piece of work dogwhistling to the usual suspects (and not the first time).

I didn't think this ruling was at all surprising or unreasonable.  Largely right down the middle affirming what EVERYONE has said for a long time, which is the POTUS can't be distracted with frivolous suits or concerned they could face criminal charges for doing the job to the best of their ability.

But those liberal justices are saying POTUS could order a Navy Seal to assassinate someone and be immune.  That's political gaslighting of the highest degree.  POTUS cannot order an assassination - that's illegal and therefore can't be an official act (not to mention, even if you claim it was an act of national security, it would rob the person of due process).  They also mention "presumed immunity", which is to say there's a high bar to clear (sorry, NY prosecutors) but that neither "official acts" nor "immunity" are absolute and subject to jurisprudence.

It's also fairly well established that campaign activities are separate from the Office and Official Acts.  This all changes very little with respect to Trump's cases.

Mon, Jul 1, 2024 7:39 PM
posted by gut

Liberal justices be mad, and IMO undermining the credibility of the SCOTUS.  Ketanji Jackson appears to be a real piece of work dogwhistling to the usual suspects (and not the first time).

I didn't think this ruling was at all surprising or unreasonable.  Largely right down the middle affirming what EVERYONE has said for a long time, which is the POTUS can't be distracted with frivolous suits or concerned they could face criminal charges for doing the job to the best of their ability.

But those liberal justices are saying POTUS could order a Navy Seal to assassinate someone and be immune.  That's political gaslighting of the highest degree.  POTUS cannot order an assassination - that's illegal and therefore can't be an official act (not to mention, even if you claim it was an act of national security, it would rob the person of due process).  They also mention "presumed immunity", which is to say there's a high bar to clear (sorry, NY prosecutors) but that neither "official acts" nor "immunity" are absolute and subject to jurisprudence.

It's also fairly well established that campaign activities are separate from the Office and Official Acts.  This all changes very little with respect to Trump's cases.

I wonder what Justice Jackson would answer to the fact that Obama killed a a US citizen, who was a minority both in age and ethnicity, with a drone strike. Would she say that that was a war crime or would she say that Obama had presidential immunity? 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 1, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I wonder what Justice Jackson would answer to the fact that Obama killed a a US citizen, who was a minority both in age and ethnicity, with a drone strike. Would she say that that was a war crime or would she say that Obama had presidential immunity? 

Exactly.  The Democrat party doesn't give a shit about democracy, and they're pissed that a conservative SCOTUS is rolling back the powers of the executive and judicial branch....because that means their agenda actually needs 60 votes (or at least 50).

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 3:47 PM
posted by majorspark

Maybe about a third of the year and only during the day.  Probably one of the best year round survivable climates for the "unhoused".

Works well for those with that other new term, 'food insecurity'.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login