Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 4:56 PM
posted by Automatik

Personally, I'm never locking down again. 

Same,  never wore a mask, didnt miss any work after the initial 2 months of the crap .  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 5:06 PM
posted by Fletch

Same,  never wore a mask, didnt miss any work after the initial 2 months of the crap .  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 5:27 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

Add critical race theory

Ummm, pretending CRT is "just a graduate level law course" belongs in the CNN Gaslighting Hall of Fame.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 5:39 PM
posted by gut

Ummm, pretending CRT is "just a graduate level law course" belongs in the CNN Gaslighting Hall of Fame.

No kidding, can’t believe Devil’s even tried to say that out loud.

Tue, Jan 25, 2022 6:11 PM

I was directed to this site: https://criticalrace.org/ as a place to find out where CRT is being taught.  In Ohio, for example, there is no evidence it is being taught in any k-12 school.  It lists about 20 colleges in Ohio teaching it.  But the ones I looked at specifically show things like "diversity" classes being offered as electives.  I find that stuff to be nonsense.  But I would hardly call that the wave of CRT that is supposedly coming our way, causing states like Alabama or Mississippi to pass laws banning it (without any evidence it is being taught in those states).  The first time I heard the term "critical race theory" was from my mom.   She said something like "Do you agree with the teaching of critical race theory?"  It came out of the blue about 2-3 years ago.  I had never heard of it before.  She told me it was becomming more and more common in schools, that we'd better think about where our daughter goes to school, etc.   Turns out she'd heard about if from Tucker Carlson.  2-3 years later it doesn't seem like any more of a threat than it was then. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 6:17 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I was directed to this site: https://criticalrace.org/ as a place to find out where CRT is being taught.  In Ohio, for example, there is no evidence it is being taught in any k-12 school.  It lists about 20 colleges in Ohio teaching it.  But the ones I looked at specifically show things like "diversity" classes being offered as electives.  I find that stuff to be nonsense.  But I would hardly call that the wave of CRT that is supposedly coming our way, causing states like Alabama or Mississippi to pass laws banning it (without any evidence it is being taught in those states).  The first time I heard the term "critical race theory" was from my mom.   She said something like "Do you agree with the teaching of critical race theory?"  It came out of the blue about 2-3 years ago.  I had never heard of it before.  She told me it was becomming more and more common in schools, that we'd better think about where our daughter goes to school, etc.   Turns out she'd heard about if from Tucker Carlson.  2-3 years later it doesn't seem like any more of a threat than it was then. 

You are conflating a course called “CRT” with modified textbooks and teaching seminars on how to convey history under the lens of CRT, which is DEFINITELY happening right now.

No one, that I am aware of, is saying “they have a class called critical race theory in my high school”.

However, the state board of education for Virginia, the latest hotbed for this topic, absolutely had it all over their curriculum and website about the lens in which certain topics are taught.

And geeblock don’t even come on here and try to conflate CRT with just teaching that slavery existed and so did segregation because anyone with 2 brain cells knows that argument is bull shit.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 6:25 PM

I was directed to this site: https://criticalrace.org/ as a place to find out where CRT is being taught.. 

Yes, the term is being used incorrectly.  It's effective branding from the Right, but the reason you're being gaslit is critics don't literally mean "CRT" when they talk about what is being taught in the schools.

It's just short-hand for tenets and other foundational aspects of CRT, the 1619 Project and general identity politics shaping curriculum.  We've seen evidence of this from more than a few schools.

The Left waving their arms saying "what's going on?!?!.. this is a graduate course...it isn't taught to your kids" is total deflection and completely dismissive of a very real and valid concern parents have about their children's education.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 6:27 PM
posted by jmog

You are conflating a course called “CRT” with modified textbooks and teaching seminars on how to convey history under the lens of CRT, which is DEFINITELY happening right now.

No one, that I am aware of, is saying “they have a class called critical race theory in my high school”.

However, the state board of education for Virginia, the latest hotbed for this topic, absolutely had it all over their curriculum and website about the lens in which certain topics are taught.

And geeblock don’t even come on here and try to conflate CRT with just teaching that slavery existed and so did segregation because anyone with 2 brain cells knows that argument is bull shit.

If CRT isn't being taught, why do leftists get so upset about the idea of banning it?

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 6:29 PM
posted by superman

If CRT isn't being taught, why do leftists get so upset about the idea of banning it?

That was last month's strategy.  The new strategy is parents aren't qualified to have input into what their kids are taught.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 25, 2022 6:36 PM
posted by Fletch

You’re unemployed and you’ll never taste again. Well done!

Tue, Jan 25, 2022 8:04 PM
posted by gut

Yes, the term is being used incorrectly.  It's effective branding from the Right, but the reason you're being gaslit is critics don't literally mean "CRT" when they talk about what is being taught in the schools.

It's just short-hand for tenets and other foundational aspects of CRT, the 1619 Project and general identity politics shaping curriculum.  We've seen evidence of this from more than a few schools.

The Left waving their arms saying "what's going on?!?!.. this is a graduate course...it isn't taught to your kids" is total deflection and completely dismissive of a very real and valid concern parents have about their children's education.

Fair enough.  

Tue, Jan 25, 2022 8:36 PM
posted by superman

Some states are banning it with zero evidence that it is being taught in any schools there.  Kooky leftists aside, this is concerning because it is essentially legislating led by cable tv and talk radio.  Happens on both sides too - liberals pull the same crap with things like hate speech legislation.  

It should be called “white van” lawmaking, named after the 1980s paranoia of masses of child abductors driving the streets in plain white vans looking for victims.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 9:49 AM

I could post this shit daily, but this one is extra dumb. This teacher is a complete clown. You can call it whatever you want, and try to compare it, but nothing is worse than the mask obsessed losers. Correct me if I’m wrong, but other than maybe Gblock and Ptown, none of us would be wearing masks in high school.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 10:13 AM
posted by superman

Similarly, if vaccines work, why do leftists get so upset about some people not getting vaccinated? 

Logic is not one of their strong suits. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 10:57 AM

My 7th grade daughter took a online survey that had question on it about being white, its happening in very covert ways

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 11:37 AM

It is similar to the 'diversity, equity, and inclusion' bullshit being peddled, not just in education but in the corporate world now.  It started with diversity, which we know diversity for the sake of diversity is total bullshit.  Now it has spread to equity, incredibly enough.  Equity is far, far different than equality (which we all have under the eyes of God and our rule of law).  But equity, where the outcomes are equal - good God they have lost their minds; this is nothing but Marxism.  Yet, who is going to call them out on it and face the wrath?  And inclusion, based on what? 

The left-wing minions of radical rule makers and rigid control freaks are, right now, winning the culture war. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 11:59 AM
posted by Fletch

My 7th grade daughter took a online survey that had question on it about being white, its happening in very covert ways

Well, with such a vague statement (ONLINE SURVEY?!?!?! QUESTION ON IT ABOUT BEING WHITE?!?!?!?), I have no idea how anyone wouldn't be fully onboard with the point you're trying to make.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 12:06 PM
posted by Heretic

Well, with such a vague statement (ONLINE SURVEY?!?!?! QUESTION ON IT ABOUT BEING WHITE?!?!?!?), I have no idea how anyone wouldn't be fully onboard with the point you're trying to make.

Next thing you know there will be a login screen to get on the internet that you have to pass CRT related questions!

Wed, Jan 26, 2022 12:12 PM
posted by Fletch

If we're trading anecdotes, my 15 year old daughter has never been taught anything negative about being white.  What's your point?

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 12:13 PM

Can I get a vaccine that prevents CRT talk in a Covid-19 thread?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login