Covid-19 discussion, continued...

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 8:40 PM
posted by iclfan2
Is she a teacher? Are they paying for the masks? F that. 

Corporate Retail, today was the first day she did it because our Amazon order came in and she texted me bitching about it all day lol

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 6:07 AM
posted by kizer permanente

J crazy seems pretty normal/typical dude and has a 104 fever and shortness of breath. You’ve had a lot of colds like that? 

Colds no, but flu yes. To be fair 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 8:49 AM
posted by jmog

Colds no, but flu yes. To be fair 

I've had some bad flus in my life. 2017 was the last one. I had a fever and cough but I never had shortness of breath.

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 9:07 AM

J crazy seems pretty normal/typical dude and has a 104 fever and shortness of breath. You’ve had a lot of colds like that? 

Only had that for 36 hours. now it's just a lingering cough/ easily winded. but that is getting noticeably better every day now.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 9:24 AM

I've had some bad flus in my life. 2017 was the last one. I had a fever and cough but I never had shortness of breath.

I have had both in the last 2 years. COVID and influenza A. At least for me the flu was way worse. It knocked me in my ass for a week and I had 102-104F temperature for about 2 days. 

I know that isn’t the case for everyone as my mother in law spent 30 days in the hospital with COVID, just giving my experience.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 10:13 AM

I had it over Christmas, must have been the omicron version -  head cold/flu symptoms; the worst was the sore throat for 4 days, never had one that bad. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:06 AM

The problem with all of this crap is that the medical establishment in this country is not doing any early treatment at all.  Take OTC meds and stay home is absolutely assinine.

"We will treat you if you hit the ICU" is so stupid at this point

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:14 AM

The real problem is you're consistently wrong and simply ingesting bad information daily.

My friend's grandfather got a Regeneron treatment in upstate NY 2 weeks ago. He was not in the ICU. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:14 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/majority-of-democrats-favor-house-arrest-for-the-unvaccinated-nearly-a-third-want-them-to-lose-custody-of-children-poll/ar-AASUbza?ocid=msedgntp

Insane survey of Democratic voters in a recently poll: -55% support fines against unvaxxed -59% support house arrest -48% support prison for questioning vax efficacy on social media -45% support internment camps -47% support surveillance -29% support the state taking their kids

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:15 AM

Yesterday the tests were misleading and 99% of people are just having cold symptoms. Today the problem is we’re not doing anything before people hit the ICU. 

Wonder what this hypocritical piece of shit will drum up tomorrow. Can’t wait. 

Fletch Member
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:25 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Yesterday the tests were misleading and 99% of people are just having cold symptoms. Today the problem is we’re not doing anything before people hit the ICU. 

Wonder what this hypocritical piece of shit will drum up tomorrow. Can’t wait. 

Your a fool with a college degree in a medical field?  You know damn well that this country went full retard on theraputics that are working all over the world to keep people out of the hospital and likely cut death rates down 30-40%.  And after 2 years the top medical people in this country go on TV with no fucking answers for any of this but "get the vaccine" that BTW isnt working well now is it?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:44 AM
posted by Fletch

Your a fool with a college degree in a medical field?  You know damn well that this country went full retard on theraputics that are working all over the world to keep people out of the hospital and likely cut death rates down 30-40%.  And after 2 years the top medical people in this country go on TV with no fucking answers for any of this but "get the vaccine" that BTW isnt working well now is it?

Based upon the fact that 90%+ of those in the ICU with Covid are unvaccinated, I'd say it's working very well.  

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:56 AM
posted by Fletch

I’m not gonna go 12 rounds with you today. I’m curious what therapies are working internationally that aren’t being utilized here so feel free to provide that along with how they’re cutting deaths by 30-40%. Or how you know that vaccinations aren’t working when I’m guessing you haven’t set foot in an ICU within the last two years right? 

I’ve offered multiple times to help you become informed and speak with people you knew personally with what’s going on and you’ve ignored me. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 19, 2022 11:59 AM
posted by Automatik

The real problem is you're consistently wrong and simply ingesting bad information daily.

My friend's grandfather got a Regeneron treatment in upstate NY 2 weeks ago. He was not in the ICU. 

CC's problem is that he does one thing reasonably intelligent: question science. Talking about a new disease where everyone is working out things on the fly, there's logic in questioning what the established professionals are saying. But then he follows that up by completely swallowing what "outsiders" say on podcasts, with no questioning of their claims whatsoever.

Which ends up as a hilariously stupid case where the established professionals are always wrong and the outsiders speaking on Rogan or being quoted by Breitbart or whatever other fucking idiotic sources he uses are always right. Makes him come off as someone who's more interested in spewing out any and all contradictory claims to what's mainstream than someone who actually is interesting in thinking and making accurate choices.

In other words, par for the course for a conspiracy theory loving idiot.

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 23 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 20, 2022 1:02 PM

After two years fo this, I finally tested positive. I feel perfectly fine minus a sense of smell.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Jan 21, 2022 11:20 AM

City of Cleveland issued a mask "advisory" for all indoor spaces.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Jan 21, 2022 3:13 PM
posted by Ironman92

While I agree that omicron doesn’t seem severe I will say that at my tiny school our girl’s varsity basketball team has 12 players ….2 of those 12 have dads that have been on the vent for 44 days and one currently on day 37…..the 44 day is back to a walker and his life is changed forever 100% miracle. The dad on day 37 needs prayers more than ever for his potential and hopeful miracle. First guy was 51 years old 6’1 190 and current guy is 45 years old 6’3 215….neither unhealthy guys. Both unvaccinated.

So while your 99% isn’t going to be debated by me…..that 1% hurts and it’s a bit a slap in the face to those part of that 1%

We had 2 teachers die last week when they removed them from the ventilator. One was retiring this year. He was probably 40-50 pounds overweight   but I don’t think he would have died from the flu. I agree thr 1 percent matters when it’s your friend or family mem

Fletch Member
Fri, Jan 21, 2022 10:31 PM
posted by geeblock

We had 2 teachers die last week when they removed them from the ventilator. One was retiring this year. He was probably 40-50 pounds overweight   but I don’t think he would have died from the flu. I agree thr 1 percent matters when it’s your friend or family mem

Probably wouldn’t have died if he could have access to therapeutics early on

Fletch Member
Fri, Jan 21, 2022 10:32 PM
posted by BR1986FB

City of Cleveland issued a mask "advisory" for all indoor spaces.

WTF does that even mean?  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login